2 Kids text positive on Royal- Family Disembarked-Cruise Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way to say this without someone not being happy with it, but this is my opinion. As a parent, there is no way that I would take a baby on vacation now. I don't even agree with taking a baby younger then 15 months to somewhere that is heavily populated. Until they get the majority of their vaccinations, it is not a risk that I was willing to take with my babies. Too many anti-vaxxers out there now that treat these diseases like a joke. My kids are grown now, but if they were little, no way would I take them anywhere, especially a cruise until this thing gets much, much better. The way I see it is, no vacation is worth the risk of my baby getting this, especially since there seems to be some long term affects on kids. Can you imagine if your child got sick and had ongoing issues because of it, all for a vacation? How much would any parent regret that decision? Maybe Disney is thinking the same thing, that people will not want to risk their small children until things improve. There are plenty of adults, or those with older kids that sail with DCL.
Your post will probably get the thread shut down, but there are a lot of babies and toddlers traveling all over the country and the world. WDW is an example of that. I guess we've gone off the rails again.

Your post will probably get the thread shut down, but there are a lot of babies and toddlers traveling all over the country and the world. WDW is an example of that. I guess we've gone off the rails again.

To bring things back on topic...I think it's important that anyone who travels this year needs to be prepared for the unexpected. Make sure your insurance covers covid

There is no way to say this without someone not being happy with it, but this is my opinion. As a parent, there is no way that I would take a baby on vacation now. I don't even agree with taking a baby younger then 15 months to somewhere that is heavily populated. Until they get the majority of their vaccinations, it is not a risk that I was willing to take with my babies. Too many anti-vaxxers out there now that treat these diseases like a joke. My kids are grown now, but if they were little, no way would I take them anywhere, especially a cruise until this thing gets much, much better. The way I see it is, no vacation is worth the risk of my baby getting this, especially since there seems to be some long term affects on kids. Can you imagine if your child got sick and had ongoing issues because of it, all for a vacation? How much would any parent regret that decision? Maybe Disney is thinking the same thing, that people will not want to risk their small children until things improve. There are plenty of adults, or those with older kids that sail with DCL.

Can you elaborate on what the long term effects on kids is? I assume you mean with Covid. This is a genuine question not trying to be snarky or anything. Thanks

Can you elaborate on what the long term effects on kids is? I assume you mean with Covid. This is a genuine question not trying to be snarky or anything. Thanks
that is impossible to know. It's also not really happening. Kids are VERY low risk with this virus.

Here is one report. What I am saying is that with life there are risks. Adults are able to look at the risks and decide for themselves. Kids rely on their parents to keep them safe. I, personally, could not live with myself if I took my baby on a vacation and they got sick because they were too young to get a vaccine. I think it is a valid point and something parents should keep in mind. https://www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/HealthU/2021/05/19/how-covid-19-affects-kids-long-term/

I suspect it is going to be impossible to determine how they got it other than they were exposed to covid enroute to the ship, or on the ship. People forget, vaccinated people can still spread covid.

Even vaccinated people were tested on the cruise. I believe those were the two only cases.

To bring things back on topic...I think it's important that anyone who travels this year needs to be prepared for the unexpected. Make sure your insurance covers covid
If you are traveling internationally that is very good idea at least while you needed to be tested to get back in the US. I believe there is insurance that will cover you.

Debating the level of risk of Covid for children in general will get this thread shut down. Let's talk about the cruise-specific issues only please.
See, THAT is the difficulty right now. The level of risk of covid for children IS going to be a huge issue for Disney cruises. At least until children under 12 are vaccinated.

Here is one report. What I am saying is that with life there are risks. Adults are able to look at the risks and decide for themselves. Kids rely on their parents to keep them safe. I, personally, could not live with myself if I took my baby on a vacation and they got sick because they were too young to get a vaccine. I think it is a valid point and something parents should keep in mind. https://www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/HealthU/2021/05/19/how-covid-19-affects-kids-long-term/
Some people feel the same way about getting their kids vaccinated, but hopefully, in a few months, none of this is an issue anymore. Can we move on now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter