2 Factor Authentication

Is everyone (but me) familiar with the term "Disney OneID?" The name is pretty self-explanatory, but I wasn't sure at first what I was looking for.

Is everyone (but me) familiar with the term "Disney OneID?" The name is pretty self-explanatory, but I wasn't sure at first what I was looking for.
For many years, a single Disney account has worked across most of their websites including MDE, ShopDisney, DVC, ABC, ESPN, etc. I suspect "Disney OneID" is new branding to help people better recognize that fact. Having one account is obviously easier to manage. Erroneously creating multiple accounts across the Disney family of sites can lead to some pretty significant problems, especially if you have park tickets & reservations linked to one ID, older magicBands on another, DVC ownership on another, etc.

I must be in the minority but I actually think enhanced security of the site and login process is a good thing and frankly long overdue.
I agree, but it would be better if they allowed to use an authenticator, like Google or Microsoft ones, that would simplify the process.

System is sending my verification code to my email which is taking forever. Is there a way to make the system send the code to my phone instead? Would be so much faster.

System is sending my verification code to my email which is taking forever. Is there a way to make the system send the code to my phone instead? Would be so much faster.
I had a choice of either to select from. Is your phone number listed in your account profile?

Even though my email address is correct in my DVC account the verification shows my old email address. Fortunately I still have access to that email.

Yes, phone is listed. Where did you have the option to choose ph # or email?
When I logged in it gave an option where to send the code. It was default to my phone, with an email option if I wanted to switch it.

Yes, phone is listed. Where did you have the option to choose ph # or email?
I can select either a text or email. Maybe your phone number is not verified. Log on to DVC and then select My Profile from the My DVC drop down menu. On the right hand side above the image of your home resort will be a Disney account logo in blue. Click that. Mine shows my mobile number as verified.

NOTE: you can only get texts if you have a US mobile phone number.

I'm not getting a choice - it only sends it to my email even though my cell number is on my account. It's really annoying that you have to enter a code every time.

DVC member since 2008. What erionm (Michael) just said above.

Also, found some helpful information in the FAQ on the DVC site.
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/two-factor-verification/

On related note 'OneID' account and 'DVC' account are not one and the same. When you SIGN IN to any Disney site (WDW, DLR, DVC, DCL, etc...) you are signing in with a Disney "OneID" account. The email you have for your Disney OneID account may not be the same email you have specified on the DVC member web site 'Profile > Contact Information' page.

I'm not getting a choice - it only sends it to my email even though my cell number is on my account. It's really annoying that you have to enter a code every time.
OK - just talked with MS & you need to go into MDE to verify your cell # there as well. Once I did that, it now gives me the option to choose b/w cell & email. So bottom line, check your cell # on MDE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter