2 Factor Authentication

On the other hand, this is not a free technology and DVC needs to pay for this service (ie members will have to pay for it).
Not really. The website is paid for out of the flat percentage Members pay for Member Services. We wouldn't pay extra for this.

This might be a dumb question, but to what extent are the DVC website and MDE linked and/or ran by the same IT guys? A little? Or not at all?

I guess maybe there's more potentially vulnerable data available on the DVC website compared to MDE?

Just seems weird that the DVC website is going to 2FA, but I haven't heard anything about MDE. Did I just miss it?

This might be a dumb question, but to what extent are the DVC website and MDE linked and/or ran by the same IT guys? A little? Or not at all?

I guess maybe there's more potentially vulnerable data available on the DVC website compared to MDE?

Just seems weird that the DVC website is going to 2FA, but I haven't heard anything about MDE. Did I just miss it?

I have gotten the occasional two factor for the Disney site in the past.

But I do think DVC site gives much more vulnerable info than what is held in MDE.

Disney's 2FA cost me half of my Early Entry 30-minutes today at DCA. 2FA request came out of the blue as I was trying to login to the Disneyland app and get my first LL. The code from Disney took forever to come through.

Thanks for nothing Disney!

Last edited:
I just got the two factor system while logging on to MDE. I don't mind it, it maybe adds 5 seconds to the process. And I'm all for not getting hacked, especially if I'm in the middle of a vacation.

I'm curious if this, in addition to security, is an effort to cut down on those services that track availability across the different platforms. I've never struggled so much to get reservations for our trip next week, it's ridiculous how hard it's been. Those that are paying for the services that either notify or actually make dining reservations for them seem to have a lot of success.

Just received an email from DVC indicating that on November 16 we will be required to do 2 step authentication EVERY TIME we login to the website.....this should be fun and not at all annoying.
Although helpful for security purposes, I’ll give you a very important piece of advice. When we purchased new phones and changed our phone number, I tried to update all my personal accounts and lost total access to one of my email accounts that I have had for many years. Since you won’t know in advance what your new number would be, be sure to update your phone number with someone else’s for confirmation until you get your new number, and then update to your changed number. Trust me, if you Google it, this has happened to hundreds of people. Two-step authentications can become a real nightmare.

Exactly. I think I logged in probably 10-15 times today and had my son doing it too. We are stalking for a missing day too. He checks for me while I’m at work. He wouldn’t be able to do it anymore if it sends a code to my phone.
You can add him as an associate and then he can use his own log in.

I just got the two factor system while logging on to MDE. I don't mind it, it maybe adds 5 seconds to the process. And I'm all for not getting hacked, especially if I'm in the middle of a vacation.

I'm curious if this, in addition to security, is an effort to cut down on those services that track availability across the different platforms. I've never struggled so much to get reservations for our trip next week, it's ridiculous how hard it's been. Those that are paying for the services that either notify or actually make dining reservations for them seem to have a lot of success.
That's weird. I have never, in many years, gotten any 2FA request on either MDE or DVC.

I am a fan in theory but agree-Disney implements technology so poorly that I’m nervous. Heck, my large state agency uses 2FA when working remotely-it typically works very quickly and well but last week I kept trying to sign on and wasn’t getting the texted code. I got them all a full 24 hours later.

I'm surprised they did not do it sooner. And am just fine with it.
I don't see it as that big of a deal.
as for people that are upset because they stalk and worried they might lose a possible reservation.
Everyone else will have to do they same. so I see it as a wash.

They are either doing this randomly or rolling it out in stages. I just signed on and did not have to do 2FA.

Cue the complaints that the extra 30 seconds it took to log in cost them that sweet, sweet AKL value studio that they’d been stalking for six months.
Oh I'm quite sure this could happen! I sneezed once and lost my room! LOL
photopeaceout.jpg

It's not clear if they will require it on every log in, or if it will "remember" devices you've authenticated on in the past. Obviously the latter is less intrusive. I was hoping they'd support authenticator apps because 2FA via text isn't considered all that secure. As others said, 2FA is a good idea in theory, as long as Disney IT doesn't butcher it and make it 173% more complicated than it needs to be, as they tend to do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter