1st timer becomes a 2nd timer! Two trip reports collide! Trip Reports Complete!

So my laptop is back and I am hanging out on the Dis b ut I haven't taken the time to work on my own trip report.

Today I wasted a ton of gas to take a drive to pay a citation I had forgotten about and didn't allow enough time for the mail to get it there in time! :confused::eek:

So now I must got to sleep! Hopefully an update will be coming tomorrow! I want to finish this TR! I want to plan my next trip!!:woohoo:

Sleep well I look forward to the next update!

And Finally it's time to get this trip report on the road! No more broken laptops okay! (I'm hoping my laptop is listening to what I am typing on it!)

So the date is Tuesday November 30th. It's about 7:30am. I've enjoyed a waffle, hard boiled egg and some OJ from my motel's continental breakfast and I'm ready to head out! I head down and across the street just a bit to wait for the ART bus. I think I mentioned this in another post but if not I... I had decided early on I was going to use ART as my feet had hurt so badly my first trip I did not want to repeat that! So I went to wait.. and wait... and wait... apparently I had just missed a but so I sat there waiting for about 20 minutes. Finally the bus arrived and I hoped aboard.

It was a really short drive to the drop-off area and I was off through security.

As I waited in line I snapped a few pictures...

The CALIFORNIA letters which are no more :-(
ry%3D400

Pretty Snowflakes
ry%3D400

And of course the Main Street Train station
ry%3D400

The day was a Magic Morning so I did the same thing I did the previous times and waited for the gates to transition from MM entry to regular entry. This got me at the very front of the regular entry guests.

Once allowed inside I bypassed the characters in Town Square :upsidedow Shocking I know! Instead I headed to the Candy Palace. Why you ask?!? Because they were making Candy Canes and I was hoping against all hope to get a ticket. Was I lucky? No! Lol. Oh well. It was worth a shot. At this point it was not quite 9am so I found my way to the rope to wait for rope drop. I knew I wanted to head to Space Mountain to ride it without Ghosts. So i lined up on the right side. Now one thing I discovered being solo was it was very easy to find an opening for just one person so I found myself right behind the rope.

A few pics from behind the rope.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And then it was time! Wo-Hoo! My day at Disneyland has begun! I'm off to Space Mountain where I think I grabbed a FP but also decided to ride it right away!

My response. WOW! That is really different from riding it as Ghost Galaxy. Better? Worse? I'm not really sure! The part where it feels like you are spinning into a black hole kinda upset my stomach! Would I ride it again! Of course! This trip.... we'll have to wait and see!
ry%3D400

After SM who did I find but BUZZ!
ry%3D400

(In that Pic you can see my hip bag a little! I loved that I could slide it around back and it was out of the way of most of my pics!)

ry%3D400

Then I was off to ride Buzz!
Hmmm.. my score is missing! Oh well.. it wasn't very good!
get-attachment.aspx

Next it was time to head to DCA to get my FP for WoC!

But first I stopped to get some pics of the candy canes being made.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The candy canes are huge!

ry%3D400

That is flame to keep the HUGE roll of Candy Cane pliable.

Now it was time to head to DCA.

Once in DCA I headed to get a locker. I spent a few minutes trying to get my Credit card to work. Called for assistance... Never did get it to take my credit card (I tried 3 different cards!) so I ended up with a free locker.

Then I headed to Grizzly River Rapids to get my WoC FP. I kept looking for the end of the line as I walked toward GRR as the last time I did this the line was all the way back to Sunshine Plaza... But low and behold the line was very short. It took about 5 minutes to get my FP.

Next it was around the bend to wait for the Rope Drop to head to Paradise Pier.

What I didn't realize was that they had a walkway there so people could get through to Ariel's Grotto. So I had walked up to the front and they asked if I had reservations... Um no... let me just stay up here at the front though at this little opening in the crowd.... Promptly at 10am they dropped the rope and we werre off to Toy Story! Now I originally had no intention of riding TSMM by myself but I couldn't resist when I knew my wait was going to be very short! It is really much more fun when you are riding with others so you can compare scores but it was still fun nonetheless!

And Up to that point I think it was the best score of the 3 times I'd played at DCA!
ry%3D400

Some pictures of the upstairs in TSMM
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After that it was of course time for a ride on California Screamin!
ry%3D400

I love that coaster! And the best advantage to being solo is the single rider line!

I did only ride it once.... this time....
ry%3D400

From there I headed to the Hollywood Backlot to check out the animation building.

ry%3D400

The floor...
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Stationary...
ry%3D400

In movement...
ry%3D400

(Much cooler in person lol)

After checking out the Toy Story Zoetrope I headed in to see Turtle Talk with crush. So awesome! I recorded it but need to get the video uploaded!

After that I headed out of the AA building and headed to Catch a ride on Monster's Inc.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After that who did I see? Well Sulley of course!
ry%3D400

From here I went to catch a FP for Tower of Terror as I was going to go on it again... It's kind of exhilarating!

After getting my FP I went to get inline for Aladdin... I really like the show and despite having to wait and it is a decent length I feel it is worth it.

I have a bunch of pics of the show but because I was not using flash most did not turn out...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After a very enjoyable time in Alladin I headed for my terrifying ride in the Hollywood Hotel.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This time I knew where the photo would be taken...
ry%3D400

And then it was finally time to get some food!

To be continued... Anyone guess where I was heading for food?!?

Paula, I am thrilled to see you have your computer back and I am thrilled to see the update. It is great!! I love Monsters Inc so I am always thrilled to see the pictures.

Paula, I am thrilled to see you have your computer back and I am thrilled to see the update. It is great!! I love Monsters Inc so I am always thrilled to see the pictures.

Michelle--- I think Monster's Inc is a hidden treasure (I think I posted something similar on your TR) It was actually difficult to get the pics cause the ride moves kinda fast but I posted the better of the ones I took.

This update may be kinda short... feeling really tired...

I left you with my heading to lunch. I knew exactly what I was going to eat that day. I'd been wanting to give it a try ever since my first visit to the Dinseyland side of the disboards... But in order to have the item I craved so badly I had to get to the restaurant..

I left DCA and crossed to DL. I figured I would take the train to New Orleans Square and save a few steps on my feet. As I waited for the train I started talking to two people also waiting for the train. They were from So Cal and come to DL frequently. We chitchatted a bit and I explained I was on a solo trip. Finally the train arrived in NOS and I disembarked to head to Cafe Orleans. As I was putting my name in to get a table. I turned aaround and the people I had been talking with on the train were behind me (they were going to take the train to tomorrowland so I was shocked to see them.) They said they didn't feel anyone should be at DL by themselves and did I want to hang out with them. I said sure but I HAD to eat... I was STARVING! So I got the girls cell phone # so I could text her when I was done.

So they went to hang out and I waited for my table. I was seated pretty quickly and promptly ordered what I had been craving! The Monte Cristo! I really wanted the Pomme Frites but I was on a budget and didn't think I could finish it all anyways.

So a short wait later I had the Monte Cristo in front of me.
ry%3D400

And a short time later I had this in front of me...
ry%3D400

Can we say delicious!!

I can't believe I ate the whole thing! I was FULL but it was so worth every bite!!

So I had finished my meal and had texted Meghan to let her know I was done so we met up outside the restaurant.

Since they had planned to go to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain we headed back to the train... but they weren't running it at that moment so we decided to walk over that way... but we stopped by Indiana Jones to go on an Adventure.

ry%3D400

There was pretty much no wait so after we enjoyed our ride we headed over to Tomorrowland... only to find out that Space Mountain was temporarily closed.... So it was a different coaster then... The Matterhorn! (But apparently I didn't get a picture!) The wait for the Matterhorn was about 10 minutes.

After sledding down the mountain we walked through Fantasyland but didn't ride anything else there. We kinda meandered around and ended up at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad... Were we of course took a ride on the wildest ride in the wilderness!

After that fun time we found our way to Splash Mountain were there was absolutely no wait and we had a log to just the three of us. The trip through was fun and they were telling me that they always do different faces or poses for the photo at the drop and they practice what they are going to do as they go along. I think for the first ride we all just made a silly face. As our log came to the exit point the CM's asked if we wanted to go again. Well of course! We weren't soaked yet! So on the second trip the girl was squeeling everytime the log rocked a little. So the guy and I decided we would really make it rock... The next thing you know we here a voice coming out of a log on the side saying "Please don't rock the logs for your safety" so we stopped. But I guess it's true... they have camera's everywhere! We finally settled on pretending we were sleeping when it came time for the big drop... Do you know how hard it is to keep your eyes shut knowing you are dropping?

Since we only went on it the 2 times I was able to snap the picture of us "sleeping"
ry%3D400

By now I was starting to get a little chilled so I wanted to head to DCA to get my fleece out of the locker... The people I was with while they had AP's they mainly stuck to DL and in fact the guy had NEVER been to DCA. So I said we had to go! Apparently neither one are much for Thrill Rides but the girl had said she was willing to try ToT! So I got to ride it again... The guy rode as well...
ry%3D400

but apparently he didn't want his picture taken...

After that we headed to Paradise Pier where I was hoping we would all ride California Screamin' together... Since it is such a smooth coaster I thought we could talk the guy into riding but he was haivng none of it. He goes I am not going on a coaster with a loop... but the girl wanted to ride so we did! And she loved it! She tried to get him to go on with us a second time but it wasn't going to happen.

And unfortunately there were people blocking the photo display so I didn't get a picture of that either...

By this time they were ready to call it a night and I had to go claim my spot for the WoC.

Was this WoC experience going to be better than my first one... stay tuned till next time to find out!

How wonderful that you made friends while at the park. It looks like you had fun!!

I'm hooked! Can't wait for more!

Happy to have you here!!

How wonderful that you made friends while at the park. It looks like you had fun!!

It was a lot of fun! I like my solo days but I like to share the fun with others as well!

There will not be an update today... I am just too exhausted... I just worked 2 nights shifts i wasn't scheduled for (Yeah for extra work) but now have the 4 I am scheduled for equaling 6 shifts in a row!

haha I love your Splash pose! Me and my friend always have to do a ridiculous pose on all the rides that take your photo! Love the TR :)

Oh where or where is my trip report!?!?!?

I've thought about you every day but the week has been so busy!

First I worked 6 days in a row... Which was supposed to be followed by 5 days off... however I picked up an extra shift after 2 days off. Those first 2 days off and one other day were spent painting baseboards and crown moldings.. (anyone want to help? I have a few more rooms to go!)

I was supposed to paint this morning but I am just so tired that I decided to take the day off... I shouldn't but oh well...

I am also really tired.. I normally have no problems sleeping but this week has been awful. I toss and turn most of the night with not much real sleep.

I'm going to attempt to write a small portion today but we will see how far I get...

When I last left off I was saying goodbye to my friends or the day. I headed to the front of the park to grab my stuff out of my locker and to grab a hot drink. I decided to give the Hot Apple Cider a try. The line was short when I entered so I thought it would be a quick thing to grab and I would be on my way to Paradise Bay. Unfortunately they seem to have missed my drink so people that had ordered quite a few behind me were receiving their drinks and I was still standing there waiting. I finally asked and received my drink. I then took off to Paradise Bay area and found there were quite a few people already waiting. I walked down and around to the front and again because I was by myself I was able to weasle into an empty spot.

Some pics of the area while I was waiting.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I did flip video the performance so at the end of the trip report I will post my videos that I have (as well as photopass photos)

I ended up with a pretty good view and I was SO happy with making the decision to see it again. It was definitely worth the wait and I enjoyed it! However I would recommend to anyone who gets a RED FP to either get their early so you can get close to the Yellow section or to pass on it as the projections are not very visible so unless you just want to see colorful fountains and music its not worth the wait.

Since WoC technically ended a while after the park closed I was concerned about being able to catch the ART bus as I was told the last pick-up was 30 min after park closing. Luckily I made it onto a bus and rode my way back to the HoJo and walked the 2 minutes to the Quality Inn. I pretty much fell into bed and asleep I went....

Atypical view but incredible picture. One of the best WoC pictures I've seen.

It's a blessing when you can drop your head on your pillow and fall right to sleep. It's like reliving a childhood memory.

Well I started writing this update a few days ago and then got asked to do something for my mother-in-law. Then my computer rebooted itself (hate when it does that!) so I lost what I had written!

So... The day was now Wednesday December 1st. The day began much the same as the day before. I woke up. Showered of course. Had a small breakfast at my hotel and then headed across the street to wait for the ART bus. I know the walk is not that far from where I was staying and I can walk it pretty easily but I did not want the sore feet I had experienced the first trip. I was again the ONLy one to get on the bus at the HoJo stop. I am not sure if no one caught the bus from HoJo except me or what!

Once I arrived at Disneyland I had a first time experience! The security gates were not open yet. This is the first time I had gone to Disneyland on a non-MM day (except for the day I went that the CHOC walk was in progress and that day security was open early for them I guess.) I waited rather impatiently for about 5 minuted before they started letting people through.

The first stop I made was at a locker outside of DCA. I wanted my bag stashed early today and since I thought I would be finishing the day at DCA but wasn't positive I did not want it in the lockers inside the park.

After putting my stuff in the locker it was time to head over to the DL gates. And another wait. However they did not make us wait all that long and they let everyone in to wait on main street. Before reaching the end of Main Street to wait for the Rope Drop I encountered some new and some old friends!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

(Boo! I forgot to take my sunglasses off!)

ry%3D400

I also took some pictures of some details on the HUGE Christmas tree.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The light was on (not that you can see it!)
ry%3D400

Random pictures as I headed down Main Street
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

All the guests waiting...
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

So I am betting you ALL can guess which ride was first this morning! Yup you guessed it! Peter Pan!

No pictures here but it was a fun trip!

Up next! Dumbo!
ry%3D400

I have my feather!
ry%3D400

I had a random person waiting outside the ride to take my pic!
ry%3D400

And then while I was riding Dumbo I thought I was taking all kinds of great pictures! But my camera was OFF even though the lens was out so no pics to be had :confused3

Cruising along it was time for a trip up and down a mountain in a bobsled....

And then I was ready for an Unbirthday party upon Alice in Wonderland.
(Don't you like the HUGE line!)
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The cast member was kind enough to get my picture.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After Alice it was time for a boat ride... I have so many pictures of my ride though that it will have to be continued...

I figured I mindswell keep going with this trip report! No sense dragging it out any longer... HA-Ha! I am so kidding! I wanted to be done a long time ago... darn life for getting in the way!

So up next if you hadn't guesses was a Cruise along in It's a Small World (Holiday!)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Which list were YOU on?
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Phew! Finished the ride in ONE post! I have a lot more pictured of the ride but because of the lighting most didn't turn out :headache:

So happy to see that you got back on the wagon!

I never fell off the wagon. Since I had done the last update I have worked 7 night shifts and the 2 days I had off were spent painting my house. I had started an update and lost it on my computer... I don't have enough time in my day to do everything unfortunatly.

I was cruising through Fantasyland pretty quickly this morning so after my cruise on It's a Small world.. Which by the way I really enjoyed. It was a nice trip without people around me talking the entire cruise and spoiling the ride. I think there were actually only about 6 of us on the boat so that probably helped things out some there.

From it's a small world I headed to take a ride on Pinocchio's Daring Journey. Which had absolutely NO line...
ry%3D400

From Pinocchio's I headed to the Reindeer Round-up to check out some of Santa's buddies.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After checking out the Reindeer I found another type of deer... A Pluto-deer
ry%3D400

Pluto was busy coloring with kids which was so cute!
ry%3D400

Eventually the CM told Pluto he should do some photos as people were waiting so I got into line...
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After the round-up I made my way to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and went for another ride on the Wildest train in the Wilderness.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After the Wild Ride I went on another Adventure... this time with some Pirates...
ry%3D400

This time I succeeded in enjoying the ride without all kinds of chit-chat around me. It was so nice!

About this time I was getting hungry and I had already made up my mind I was going to have some fried chicken from the Plaza so I headed over there. I didn't know that they didn't open till noon however so I had a little more time to kill before I could have some crispy greasy goodness. So I decided to head to Buzz lightyear and take a spin...

It was a LONG wait!
ry%3D400

I think it actually ended up being less than the 5 minutes posted! The line was so short I actually rode it twice before it was noon and time to grab some food!

To be continued....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter