• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1500 and 2000 Loops Pictorial

FlaFortCampster

DIS Veteran
Just spent a hour during this and Internet Explorer decided to stop working on the last picture...:badpc: :badpc: :badpc: So, here goes again. I'll do it in 2 posts, 1500 loop, then 2000 loop.
As promised, here are pictures of the 2 partial hookup loops at the Fort, 1500 and 2000 loop or as I call it Home Sweet Home. :rotfl2:
We start at Cottontail Curl aka 1500 loop which has 21 sites.

DSC_0128.jpg

We begin at site 1506 which is close to the Comfort Station located to it's right. This station is shared by 1500 folks and their friendly neighbors of loop 1600. The outer sites backup to 1600 loop, the large canal and then the small canal leading to the Meadows area.

DSC_0129.jpg

Site 1506

DSC_0131.jpg

Site 1505 an inner site. Note the tree at the back of the pad, I remember well as we were on this site and had a blast getting a large tent and screen room on the pad.

DSC_0133.jpg

This site 1514 an outer site. This use to be a beautiful site, but hurricanes and clearing have taken their toll. The large canal is just over the ridge at the back.

DSC_0094-1.jpg

Ahhh, a soothing view behind site 1517 of the small canal.

DSC_0134.jpg

Entrance of site 1518, this is already near the end of this charming loop. The main road is straight ahead and the Meadows area is across the street.

DSC_0135.jpg

Site 1518, an inner, beautiful site with surrounding foliage.

DSC_0136.jpg

Site 1521, inner site and last one in the loop, there is a tetherball game here, Comfort Station is at the top left and the bus stop is at the top right.

DSC_0137.jpg

Site 1521 with message. Did I mention many of the creatures that frequent this loop are rather clever?

That concludes the 1500 loop, on to loop 2000.:drive:

Now for Spanish Moss Lane aka 2000 loop. This loop is huge with 69 sites, second only to the stately 800 loop's 74 sites. There are 2 Comfort Stations. The inner sites are rather exposed as the center of the loop was cleared within the past few years leaving very little foliage. The outer loops tend to have more trees and foliage. They back up to a small, shallow canal, the 2100 loop cabins, loop 900, Group Camping and finally a road.
We start a little further down from the entrance at site 2018.

DSC_0144.jpg

Sites 2018, 20 and 22 all outer sites.

DSC_0145.jpg

Site 2018, you can see loop 2100 cabins in the back. The Comfort Station is down a sidewalk about 2 minutes away. The bus stop is about a 3 minute walk.

DSC_0142.jpg

Sites 2019 and 2021. Just follow the sign down the sidewalk to the Comfort Station

DSC_0143.jpg

Site 2019 a gem of a site IMHO. Close to Comfort Station, 3 minute walk to bus stop and a tetherball spot behind the site. A nice tree at the back of the site helps in summer.

DSC_0008-1.jpg

This is at the back of the loop taken from 2034. Sites 2036, 2037 and 2039 are outer sites along this stretch. The Comfort Station is to the left about 1 minute away.

DSC_0009.jpg

Site 2035 entrance and the Comfort Station right behind.

DSC_0147-1.jpg

Site 2035 is an inner site. You can see the sidewalk leading to sites 2018 and 19 in the background.

DSC_0010-1.jpg

Taken from the sidewalk leading to the Comfort Station, sites 2048, 2050 and 2052 are all inner sites. These sites at the back of the loop are about a 5 minute walk to the bus stop. But you get to see your fellow campers, well at least their setups as you head up to the bus stop.

DSC_0011-1.jpg

Coming around the loop here are sites 2057 and 2059. You can see the Comfort Station in the background. The bus stop is right behind the CS. The road leading out of the loop is straight ahead.

DSC_0012-1.jpg

Sites 2058, 2060 and 2062 all inner sites.

DSC_0148.jpg

A little further down the street, this is 2063 and 2066, inner sites also. The Comfort Station is right across the street as is the bus stop.

DSC_0149.jpg

Site 2063, inner site. You can see how open the area behind is.

You are now at the end of the loop with the last outer sites being 2067 and 2069

This concludes the tour of loops 1500 and 2000.
:banana::banana::banana:

FlFortCampster, you are really doing a bang-up job serving the community here! Thanks again for the photo tour. That last pic sure has me wondering though... what is this 3" PVC pipe doing here:

2063-Pipe.jpg

It could just be a cleanout, since the CS is nearby, but it sure is curious.

FlFortCampster, you are really doing a bang-up job serving the community here! Thanks again for the photo tour. That last pic sure has me wondering though... what is this 3" PVC pipe doing here:

2063-Pipe.jpg

It could just be a cleanout, since the CS is nearby, but it sure is curious.

You will find at I believe every partial site a CAPPED cleanout pipe. My best guess is they have the pipes layed for future upgrade if needed. But, as many of us can't afford the big rigs or just love to rough it (which is SO tough at the fort :lmao: ) these will not be used any time soon.
The disposal of gray water is most interesting as you can either use an appropriate source at the Comfort Station or call the Outpost for the closest empty full hookup site and use the sewer pipe there.
And thank you. I realized last year reading this forum how much I took Fort Wilderness for granted. Not thinking about folks who would like to visit or who only have the opportunity to come once in awhile. The old adage a picture is worth a thousand words is so true. Actually seeing the sites and the grounds I believe will really help folks with planning which is one of the magical parts of a trip.
Having gone to the Fort for over 30 years now I have to say this was one of the most enjoyable trips. Riding around, taking pictures and really seeing the Fort in a different light. pixiedust: Just incredible.

A question about the picture of site 2018 with the loop 2100 cabins in the background. I thought, by looking at one of the maps, that there was a waterway between loops 2000 and 2100. Was the map wrong? :confused3

Cheers

There is a small canal (maybe 8' across) between the two loops, you can't really see it from this low angle.

A question about the picture of site 2018 with the loop 2100 cabins in the background. I thought, by looking at one of the maps, that there was a waterway between loops 2000 and 2100. Was the map wrong? :confused3

Cheers

Here is your Class 5 rapids canal, well OK, it's just a drainage ditch. The map just shows a little too much water, but you still have a water front site, maybe, kinda.......

DSC_0013.jpg

Canal between 2000 and 2100 loops

Thanks FlaFortCampster. I was wondering if the waterways on the map were conductive to fishing and you answered that just great. That opens up our location request for a cabin on our upcoming March visit.

Cheers

DSC_0131.jpg

Site 1505

DSC_0143.jpg
Site 2019

These two pictures illustrate exactly what I mean about the difference between 1500 and 2000 for tent campers.

1500 has "stuff" in weird places which does not allow you to utilize your entire site/pad

2000 is really set up well so that you can use your entire site if need be!!

About how wide are the sand areas? They do look narrower on the sites in 1500. I'm trying to picture how much room there will be when we put up our 10'x10' shelter, along with 2 tents.:confused3 Will the 10x10 take up almost the whole width of a site in 1500? Are the driveways about 8' wide?
The lots in 2000 are nice in that the picnic table seems to be on a little bump out from the main pad.
I haven't requested any particular loop yet, so these photos are really helpful! It's funny, but the 2 times I called for ressies, the CM never asked about tent size. I'm thinking I better call again to add sizes, right?

Thanks for all the info and advice for us Fort newbies!:goodvibes

Lynn

About how wide are the sand areas? They do look narrower on the sites in 1500. I'm trying to picture how much room there will be when we put up our 10'x10' shelter, along with 2 tents.:confused3 Will the 10x10 take up almost the whole width of a site in 1500? Are the driveways about 8' wide?
The lots in 2000 are nice in that the picnic table seems to be on a little bump out from the main pad.
I haven't requested any particular loop yet, so these photos are really helpful! It's funny, but the 2 times I called for ressies, the CM never asked about tent size. I'm thinking I better call again to add sizes, right?

Thanks for all the info and advice for us Fort newbies!:goodvibes

Lynn

I would say the driveways are about 12 ft wide.

If you look at this picture, my camper is on the very edge of the drive and there is 5-6 ft available. The exterior width of my camper is 6'7".

100_3951.jpg

FFC- Great job on this thread! There are definitely differences between the 1500 and 2000 loops, and your photos do a great job illustrating the difference!

TCD

Is that a tree...in the MIDDLE of the sand pad????? Who designed these sites in 1500??? I mean, I certainly understand the importance of having a shaded site, but thats a little bit of overkill, wouldnt ya think?
DSC_0131.jpg

And although the tables arent THAT HARD to move around....that one seems to be begging to find a corner to be stashed in.

Is that a tree...in the MIDDLE of the sand pad????? Who designed these sites in 1500??? I mean, I certainly understand the importance of having a shaded site, but thats a little bit of overkill, wouldnt ya think?
DSC_0131.jpg

And although the tables arent THAT HARD to move around....that one seems to be begging to find a corner to be stashed in.

BDR- This actually was the case on other loops as well, up until the recent clearing. There were lots of sites that had trees in the sand pads. The trees used to get more respect at the Fort before everybody started showing up in the giant rigs that are common now. I noticed a cabin that had its deck built around a tree on my last visit. I am going to get a photo of that on my next visit.

TCD

DSC_0131.jpg

Yep, it's in the middle and the one AND ONLY time we had that site it was quite a feat to get a large cabin tent and screen room crammed in there. Love trees, but I do believe I called this particular one a few choice names that trip.:rolleyes1

Good thinking, Campster....Ive seen LORD OF THE RINGS and NARNIA...I wouldnt wanna piss off a tree either!!!;)

Thank you, working on my jr. deputy TCD badge.:banana:

Dude, you earned your TCD Junior Deputy Badge! In fact, I am thinking about making you my sergeant (like Barney Fife). I might even issue you a bullet if you keep up the good work!

TCD

:laughing: Yep, that table got moved when we were on this site. We took advantage of the shaded trees next to it:

1500Loop.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter