13 weeks pregnant.....can I really not do Space Mountain?

I would NOT risk it. The life of your precious baby is priceless, not worth chancing it over an amusement park ride.

Have you been on space mountain before? I go to the gym 3-4 days a week and participate in many sports leagues and I still get beat up from the jerkiness of the ride.

When I went at 20 weeks pregnant I avoided everything that had a pregnancy warning as well as the safari ride, pooh bear and I think a couple others that I had concerns on.

A warning for a ride that bothered me when I was pregnant (28 weeks)

Buzz Lightyear!!!

Do not let your child take the control and spin you round and round... You will want to pass out or die when it is over! :lmao:

I don't have a problem normally with spinning things...but it just killed me when I was pregnant. I never would have thought of having a problem on the dumb Buzz Lightyear ride!

Have you been on space mountain before? I go to the gym 3-4 days a week and participate in many sports leagues and I still get beat up from the jerkiness of the ride.

2nd this...OP it is NOT a good idea.If something were to happen you would feel awful.Disney and Space Mountain will ALWAYS be there.Pregnancy is a precious 9 months..don't risk it.

Honestly I probably wouldn't do it now, but I just have to add my story to the doom and gloom stories posted above.

I went to King's Island in Ohio when I was probably 12-16 weeks pregnant with my first one, wasn't showing at all. I went on the Vortex, a huge crazy, upside down, corkscrew roller coaster. I had no issues, and DD is now a sophomore in college. :thumbsup2

I was 3 months pregnant when I went to WDW for the first time. I went on the Kilamanjaro Safari without any problem. There is a bit of rocking but it's not a bad ride. I stayed away from the roller coasters but went on POTC and the Haunted Mansion, and Dumbo, and some of the easier rides. It's a personal choice. What is fine for me may not be fine for you. I also had really bad morning sickness which made the decision for me most of the time lol!

I'm glad you decided not to risk it... I literally cringed when you said pregnant and Rockin Roller coaster in the same sentance.

I'm preggers to, being preggers during the summer is NO fun, no alcohol, no rides, can't even hit up the water parks. My ob doesn't even want me going to the beach, waves, undertows, etc. And gotta love that this summer has been the hottest ever recorded globally... but it will all be worth it, and next summer will bring new oportunities.

I went 2 1/2 years ago 15 weeks pregnant. As it was my 2nd pregnancy I was already showing (that bumped just didn't waste anytime coming out!) and needed pregnancy clothes. I stayed away from SM, BTMR, RRC, ToT, MS, TT and I think I passed on Splash. I did go on the Safari, Kali and Goofy's (my DD really wanted to go on). I will say for the Safari, try to sit near the middle of the car. We were in the back and OMG was it super bumpy, I had to brace myself many times. Kali and Goofy's were just fine, no issues there. I wouldn't risk a roller coaster just in case. I felt I'd ridden them tons of time and as much as I loved them I knew I'd most likely get to ride them the next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter