12 Days of Disney: Our Very Merry Vow Renewal, Christmas, Alligators and more!

Your pictures are just lovely. I'm so glad you had nice weather and everything turned out perfect. Congratulations!

Your vow renewal pictures are so beautiful! What a wonderful day and memory to have, congratulations!! :lovestruc

Your pictures are just lovely. I'm so glad you had nice weather and everything turned out perfect. Congratulations!

Looks like you had loads of fun! :-)

Your vow renewal pics are beautiful. Congrats...again.

Thank you so much!! :) The weather was just amazing the entire trip and I was SO excited that the pictures turned out so beautifully....I just don't always think I'm so photogenic, so I was a little nervous how they'd look. I was MORE than pleasantly surprised and still can't believe it's US when I look at them!!

The vow renewal ceremony looks amazing! It's funny that you were so nervous but I kind of like that. It must have been such a special moment. And the photos you got are amazing also!!!

Yay! Joining in :) Your vow renewal was beautiful and... I may have teared up a bit :bride:

Also, kudos to you for teaching 35 kindergarteners. :worship: I teach college students and even they don't know how to follow directions.

The vow renewal ceremony looks amazing! It's funny that you were so nervous but I kind of like that. It must have been such a special moment. And the photos you got are amazing also!!!
It truly was so incredible!! I never expected to feel so emotional, but it was SO amazing.

That was so sweet and just beautiful!
Yay! Joining in :) Your vow renewal was beautiful and... I may have teared up a bit :bride:

Also, kudos to you for teaching 35 kindergarteners. :worship: I teach college students and even they don't know how to follow directions.
Aww, thanks! I felt a little teary writing it!!

Right now, I'm 44 days out from the end of the school year! It is all about survival.

Oh Crap

I was WAAAAY behind! So mad at myself.

then you went ahead and made me cry over your renewal! OMG how beautiful i heard the music you were talking about your flowers were beautiful everything is just beautiful...
I was shocked you went to the party the night before your renewal! you must have been overly exhausted! i can't even imagine. I do wish i was there! i would have been a blubbering mess.
i cannot wait to read more

so glad you had wonderful character interactions but with Jimmy how can you not. but i will say i adore your parenting. i am the same way! kids now a days need a good.. you know what. and to have such well behaved kids after a monster kid especially for mary poppins was a hoot! love how he remembered the jokes! so fun!!!

I hope to stay up to date now that my jobs are a little more calm!!

I was WAAAAY behind!
Welcome back!!! :) I was wondering when I'd see you back over here!!

then you went ahead and made me cry over your renewal! OMG how beautiful
Awww, thanks :) It really turned out even better than I ever imagined. They do a fantastic job, and I absolutely can't wait for another milestone anniversary so I can do it again!!

I was shocked you went to the party the night before your renewal!
I didn't actually think we'd even be able to do a Christmas party because usually they end before our Christmas trip arrival dates. When I saw there was one more party, I knew we HAD to go, even if it was the night before our vow renewal. Honestly, I barely slept anyway, so even if we'd gone to bed at a sensible time, I still would've been sleepy. I think I was running on pure excitement :)

i will say i adore your parenting. i am the same way! kids now a days need a good.. you know what.
Thumbs up for parents like us!! I LOVED how Mary Poppins noticed and went on and on about what a good boy Jimmy was and what a good "nanny" I was to him :) Nothing like a little parenting-pep talk from a Disney character to really make you feel good about yourself! :rotfl::cheer2:

Following along...we're also form the Chicagoland area. We did our first Christmas/New Years in The World for 2015 and loved it! Your vow renewal pics are great...love the Just Married Again one!

WOW ! Love your story, love your style and love your pics. !

Congrats (AGAIN). You all looked beautiful !

Following along...we're also form the Chicagoland area. We did our first Christmas/New Years in The World for 2015 and loved it! Your vow renewal pics are great...love the Just Married Again one!
:wave2: Hello, fellow Chicagoan! It is my FAVORITE time of year!!! I went for the first time at Christmas in 2005 and have been hooked. Almost all of our trips have been in December since then :)

WOW ! Love your story, love your style and love your pics. !

Congrats (AGAIN). You all looked beautiful !
Thanks so much :) I was incredibly happy with the way the pictures turned out!! My expectations were just blown away!! I want to do it again :bride:

Hello from Oklahoma! I'm reading trip reports to tide me over until my trip next month. I'm loving yours! Your vow renewal looks perfect! Can't wait to read about the rest of the trip.

Hello from Oklahoma! I'm reading trip reports to tide me over until my trip next month. I'm loving yours! Your vow renewal looks perfect! Can't wait to read about the rest of the trip.
Hello from Chicago :wave2: I started reading TRs for the same reason and have really enjoyed reliving my trip by writing my very first one!! I'm glad you're enjoying all the magic with us :) The vow renewal was AMAZING. Disney does everything the best, don't they!? I'm working on another update!! Hopefully have it posted soon!

December 23rd, Part 3—

We had a quick and easy cab ride back to Pop and just enough time to quickly drop everything off at our room and grab a bus back to MK…..but when we walked through the lobby and saw a backdrop and props, I made them all stop for a picture!!! We had fun picking our props, especially Jimmy, who very excitedly chose the cassette tape (yes, he actually does know what they are!) and my Dad, who picked the Disco ball---back story on that: Rob calls my Dad “Disco Pat,” as in Disco Stu from the Simpsons---so that was clearly the perfect choice for him!

20161223_152646 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

After a few quick pictures, we headed back to our room…..WE DID IT!!!!

20161223_153221 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I did a wardrobe change, Rob and Dad changed their shoes, I left the bouquet and balloons and we donned our Mickey and Minnie bride and groom ears—Rob’s are his originals from 2006. Mine were SO faded and dusty, even after a cleaning and soak in Woolite, I ended up buying a new pair—thank you, Disney Shop the Parks app!! I also opted to wear my Disney Princess Vans….which were not properly broken in, sigh….but still looked incredibly cute if I say so myself :)

Oh, here’s a quick pic I took of the little cards I had bought….yes, I forced Rob to write me a note in a card I bought myself….but it ended up being a very sweet note, so totally worth it!!

20161223_153322 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Before long we were back on a bus to MK with my favorite Goof!

20161223_160834 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We strolled past the entrance gates and over to the boat launches. We waited for just a few minutes before a boat came pulling in to take us on the next leg of our journey.

20161223_165031 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

DSC06125 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

DSC06127 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

When Jimmy was turning 2, we took him to Disney World for his birthday. I had wanted to take him to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ to celebrate on his actual birthday, but was nervous that if he was scared of the characters or for some reason hated Mickey Mouse, we would have wasted a whole lot of money. So, we went with what was safe—lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table—because Jimmy LOVES Cinderella.

This time around, I had intended to FINALLY get us to Hoop De Doo Musical Revue, but at 180 days everything still showed no availability. Even though I kept calling for 2 weeks after, there still weren’t any openings showing up. I was assured that this usually happens and to keep checking back for things to open up, but I was getting nervous. So, I ended up booking our part of 5 for Mickey’s Backyard BBQ and figured I’d cancel and switch to HDDR when they eventually opened up. But, as I was reading and reviewing and overthinking again and again, I ended up sticking with this party because I had really wanted to experience it with Jimmy and thought he won’t stay this little for long. Plenty of time for him to appreciate HDDR. So I kept the ADR. And I was SO happy we did!!

On our boat ride, we got a closer look at two abandoned Disney marvels, which I have been really curious about seeing for myself--Discovery Island and River Country. It really was eerie to just see them both sitting there totally abandoned, especially on the boat ride back from to MK....the lights still shining brightly at River Country was pretty creepy to see in person even having read about it and seen pictures of the urban explorers visiting there.

DSC06128 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

DSC06130 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

When our boat docked, I had thought we’d have to take an internal shuttle to the pavilion, but it was really just a short stroll down the path. Jimmy ran over and played in the playground and we enjoyed looking at all the decorated golf carts parked around the area. We checked in, even though we were really early (maybe 45 minutes or so) and the gentleman congratulated us on our vow renewal. He told us to get in line but to come and see him again when it was time to be seated. Okeydokey.

So, we walked further down the path and my Mom found the bathrooms. We figured we’d be waiting for a bit, so I let Jimmy walk a little ahead and sit on a little stump he found, but it was barely 5 minutes and they started to call us forward to be seated. There were reserved signs with family names on some tables (I assume this was Category 1 seating. We had booked with our DDP at the regular Category 2 level). I saw the gentleman from earlier, so as we walked toward the pavilion, I led us over to his line. He sent us along the side toward the front to another CM and she seated us in the Category 1 area anyway!! Yay, pixie dust!

DSC06131 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Before it was even 5:30, the food and drink lines opened up and I made my first plate of deliciousness!!

20161223_172120 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Beer and wine were included in this meal/show, as well as unlimited Mickey bars!! Mmmmm.

20161223_180859 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20161223_173248 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

The stage show was pretty cute, western-themed, and had Cyclone Sally (Jimmy’s fav), Will, Margot and the band. There was a really awesome award-winning rope twirler who did some pretty amazing tricks. I loved how they had the kids come out and sit around the edges so they could see well and asked the adults to stand back or stay at their seats.

With a big YEEHAH! The characters came out to dance with everyone. Chip and Dale, Minnie and Mickey, and Goofy joined us in their BBQ outfits. Jimmy did not quite understand that they were there to dance and party with all the people. He kept trying to wait his turn in line and when he’d finally get close to them he would just hug and wave. I kept trying to encourage him to get in there and boogie!!

DSC06134 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

DSC06132 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Several times throughout the evening the characters would take a break from dancing and step off to the sides to do meet and greets, take pics and sign autographs. There were PP photographers at every one, too, which was so nice. We got some great shots with Mickey and Minnie where she kept taking my hand with the ring and showing it to Mickey—c’mon, Mick, propose already!!

20161223_175815 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20161223_175844 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

DSC06137 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

They made a special announcement of all the celebrations of the guests at tonight’s dinner (as we were arriving, we were told to go and put our names on the clipboards up by the stage) and all of us were asked to stand and be recognized. Everyone applauded and then we had a special dance to “White Christmas.”

Near the end of the show, Cyclone Sally needed a special assistant and when I looked up at the stage, there was Jimmy!! She had him climb up and give the biggest YEEHAH he could to call the characters out for one last song and dance. He was SO cute and nervous up there in front of everyone. She asked where he was from and he whispered in her ear. She said, “It’s a secret. I can’t tell you he’s from Chicago!”

20161223_181719 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

The characters came out and did a big patriotic number for a finale! We gathered all of our things and headed back toward the boat docks.

DSC06150 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We had had such a whirlwind magical day, but the fun wasn’t over yet! We boarded a very crowded, standing-room only boat ride back to Magic Kingdom.

Reactions: DLo
We made our way quickly through the gates (and the metal detectors---every single park I entered, even if they were only screening random people, I was ALWAYS the lucky one!) and skipped down a pretty crowded Main Street, U.S.A. toward Adventureland.

DSC06152 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

As we were walking along, Jimmy spotted an attraction that none of us have ever experienced (WHAT?! HOW CAN THIS BE?!) Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room. We, of course, knew the song and Jimmy loves to sing along to it on the parks CDs we have. We walked right in not knowing what to expect at all. At the last second this little boy and I would assume it was his Dad came running in and took a seat at the end of our row. They were both holding light up swords, which the CM asked them to turn off. This was really distracting because as soon as she stepped away he kept turning them on and talking and standing up. Such bizarre behavior.

Anyway, the show started and it was just awesome! I was thinking of everything I’ve read about Walt Disney and how he got the idea for his animatronics from a little mechanical bird he’d bought from an antique shop in New Orleans. It’s just remarkable and I couldn’t believe I’d never seen it before. We came back a few more times on this trip, and they were just a bit more enjoyable without Mr. Light Saber!

DSC06154 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We headed to Pirates of the Caribbean next! There was a pirate with a little treasure box standing in the queue passing out doubloons, tattoos and stickers, so Jimmy was sure to hop in line and politely ask for one. There was a rude little boy who barged in front of Jimmy and shoved his hand in the treasure chest—but the pirate sort of growled that he’d need to wait his turn.

DSC06155 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20161223_200922 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20161223_202809 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Next, we took a lap through Fantasyland and headed for Tomorrowland to use our FP for Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. This is another of Jimmy’s favorites. We had to hit this up a few times on this trip. He and Grandpa were eager to take on Zurg and lock him up!!

20161223_205016 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20161223_205709 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We skipped our FP for Haunted Mansion because Jimmy was getting a little crankity. I really wanted us all to ride Dumbo to end our magical vow renewal night…I even wasted a FP on it when I was planning…..but after the MVMCP Dumbo fiasco, I opted not to traumatize him any further. Instead, we decided we’d head back to the hotel and let Jimmy get in a little night swim.

We took the “secret back way” out of the park just as Holiday Wishes was starting. I selfishly wanted to stay and watch, but knew we’d have plenty of days left in our trip to see it, so we slowly started to make our trek toward the exit. I quickly took a balloon pic (a must!) and a cute picture of my Mom and Dad before we walked out.

20161223_210633 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20161223_210705 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20161223_210818 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Just as the monorail was coming by, I thought I was taking these amazing pictures of the monorail with the train station and fireworks in the background….instead, you get this. A pretty crappy picture that looks like the monorail is on fire. Sigh.

20161223_210939 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We got back to our building and Rob opened the door first—he popped his head out and said to me, “You go first.” I couldn’t for the life of me imagine what was in store.

DSC06156 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Well, I had forgotten all about the final part of our Vow Renewal package! We had the option of choosing limo transportation for the ceremony or an in-room celebration. We had opted for the in-room celebration, obviously! We slept with those little candles lit up for the rest of the trip, so magical! There were giant Mickey head confetti (which I of course took home!) and the big framed picture has our names on it and a congratulations message with Mickey and Minnie’s autographs. I felt bad throwing away all the rose petals, but I didn’t want our Mousekeeper to have to deal with them…..and also didn’t want to sleep with them either!!

I don’t think you can tell from the picture, but the roses were pixie-dusted, too. I was able to keep a couple of those—and there was a card to let me know that there was a little hidden Mickey in the roses. It took me til the final day when we were packing to find the one little Mickey bead wired to the bottom of one special rose!

Speaking of hidden Mickeys....here's the one from my bouquet. There was another one on the bottom side of the bouquet. I kept those, too, because.....because :)
20161223_221957 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We quickly got Jimmy changed into his bathing suit and he ran to get my Mom and head for the pool. This kid loves nothing more than a good night swim on vacation, so he was THRILLED!

I got the flower petals cleaned up and changed, grabbed some drinks and headed down to the bowling pin shaped pool to meet them. They were just walking back from the gate as I got off the elevator and came around the giant Tramp figure. Jimmy was so sad L the pool already closed. This was pretty disappointing actually—I thought I remembered the pools being open til midnight, but I think there was an unfortunate drowning accident late at night a year or so ago, so they must have changed pool hours since then. Actually as I’m thinking about it, this trip there were now fences around all of the pool areas, which is new since the last time we stayed at Pop. You don’t have to use your Magicband to enter, but this does give them the ability to lock the gates at 10:00 p.m.

With no night swim to be had, we made our way back to the room and decided to get Jimmy put to bed. We had drinks out on the "balcony" and reminisced about our amazing vow renewal day.

20161223_222858 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20161223_223239 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20161223_230727 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20161223_230823 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Up next: It’s Christmas Eve!

Love & Smooches,

Jackie

32139911852_2841b69f83_z.jpg
I love this as part of the photos for the day! All of the pics from the whole day, you all look so happy all day...

Everyone applauded and then we had a special dance to “White Christmas.”
Awesome! HDDR would have been nice but this sounds like you got way more special attention with the meal!

She said, “It’s a secret. I can’t tell you he’s from Chicago!”
too cute!

There was a rude little boy who barged in front of Jimmy and shoved his hand in the treasure chest—but the pirate sort of growled that he’d need to wait his turn.
Ugh, my daughter HATES when kids do this. And I hate it even more, because the parents are usually no where to be found. But a pirate is a perfect character to tell him to get back in line!

I even wasted a FP on it when I was planning…..but after the MVMCP Dumbo fiasco, I opted not to traumatize him any further. Instead, we decided we’d head back to the hotel and let Jimmy get in a little night swim.
good mama! It is always so hard to call it a night at Disney. You always want to say, just one more ride.. just one more snack...

We took the “secret back way” out of the park just as Holiday Wishes was starting. I selfishly wanted to stay and watch, but knew we’d have plenty of days left in our trip to see it, so we slowly started to make our trek toward the exit.
And even harder to leave with wishes going on!!! We have left many times during the projection show. Walking as fast as we can to get out before the show ends but still trying to get a peak here and there of the show as we walk.

We quickly got Jimmy changed into his bathing suit and he ran to get my Mom and head for the pool. This kid loves nothing more than a good night swim on vacation, so he was THRILLED!
Oh NO!!! My DD's would have been devastated! I hope he wasn't too upset!

Wow I'm running behind on your updates. It brought tears to my eyes when Jimmie and your mom were singing and dancing on the way out of MVMCP. What app did you download for set times and character locations for MVMCP....I could use it for our 1'st MVMCP in December?

Jimmy is so adorable and I'm loving all of his hats.

Congrats on the renewal it looks like it was so personalized and relaxed....many a womens dream.

I love the pearl Mickey heads. DH has gotten me roses the last couple of times to the World, the first had Mickey beads wired onto a few of the flowers the last bouquet had the Mickey Beads on copper wire wrapped around the vase... I have that vase in my bathroom with potpourri in it. It's a cute subtle touch of Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter