12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
BuzzBoyMom said:
Wow - Lisa. What's happening?!! Hope all is okay. Do you mean that fight might get them suspended?
Just this grandma's opinion, but I think we have gone WAY to far with the "no tolerance" c**p. Kids are going to be kids, there are going to be squabbles and occasionally a push or a shove. They get consequences for that and learn proper behavior, but suspending from school at the drop of a hat is obsurd. IMHO.
One of DG's friends was attacked by another kid (this is HS, NOT elementary) and refused to defend himself because he knew he would get suspended if he "fought". He took several punches because he is a very good student and good kid and did not want to risk having a suspension on his record. He was able to get hold of the kid's hands and hold him after a few punches, and they were even threatening to suspend him for THAT!! Now you got me going!

brack said:
Speaking of receiving things ..... shouldn't we be getting our docs soon? Whoever gets theirs first had better yell. I know that I will! :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :cloud9:
That might not be until mid Nov but you will hear me yelling all the way across the country when they come!! :banana: :dance3:

I heard on the radio this morning that our local HS has the number one team in the state in water polo for BOTH the boys and girls teams! :cheer2: Go Newberg! :cheer2: We have not won one football game, but water polo and wrestling they are great! :cheer2:

klineyqueen said:
Did anyone see Dancing Wednesday night? I got home from choir in time to see that Jerry got kicked off. I was glad. The others are far better dancers.

dance.gif

Finally!

klineyqueen said:
My DD woke me up at 3 Am...she
asleep.gif
almost immediatly. I on the other hand have been awake....I wish I were....
asleep.gif

I didn't even notice that your posts were from before 5am!! :crazy:

Maybe there is something I can slip into everyone's drink CC day that will make them "faint" like the goats on their sprint to the beach! He he :teeth:

GoofyforGoofy said:
Hope you like sitting in the sand...bring your sand toys. :p

Castaway Cay, Take what you can....

...but give something back to your DIS friends!! :Pinkbounc

brack said:
Speaking of receiving things ..... shouldn't we be getting our docs soon? Whoever gets theirs first had better yell. I know that I will! :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :cloud9:

Those in November are just getting theirs now. We've got awhile... :sad2:

MrsMork said:
Just this grandma's opinion, but I think we have gone WAY to far with the "no tolerance" c**p. Kids are going to be kids, there are going to be squabbles and occasionally a push or a shove. They get consequences for that and learn proper behavior, but suspending from school at the drop of a hat is obsurd. IMHO.
One of DG's friends was attacked by another kid (this is HS, NOT elementary) and refused to defend himself because he knew he would get suspended if he "fought". He took several punches because he is a very good student and good kid and did not want to risk having a suspension on his record. He was able to get hold of the kid's hands and hold him after a few punches, and they were even threatening to suspend him for THAT!! Now you got me going!

You bring up a very good point! What is the victim supposed to do?? Heck, it sounded like Kaitlyn was trying her best to protect her brother!

Cruise fever is starting to infect the whole family except for Allie who really does not understand what is in store for her just yet. ;) Nathan keeps asking how many days and I love to see his reactions as he realizes that it won’t be too much longer before we are on the Mickey Boat again. His excitement is contagious. I did tell him about Samantha and Haley (Vanessa’s girls) and how we would be eating dinner with them on the Mickey Boat. I was able to show him the pictures on our website and that excited him even more. He loves that they have been to WDW and on the Mickey Boat before too – just like him. :yay:

We leave in exactly six weeks!!! I know several of you actually have even less time before you leave. I am going to be an absolute mess within a few more weeks. It still does not seem real a lot of the time.

Isn't it Becka?!?! Even I, the world's worst (or best ;) ) procrastinator am getting antsy. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

You guys are just going to be real quiet until I have to leave to get Dina aren't you?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter