"104 days of summer vacation"

I just counted our calendar: kids get 60 weekdays off this summer, 84 total days. Teachers get three fewer.

When we made the switch to an earlier start a couple of years ago, and got hit with a later ending to the year due to a nasty winter, it felt like the summer hardly existed!

Mine only have about 10-11 weeks.

But, my DH went to high school with one of the writers for P&F. They went to the local private school which does have a longer summer vacation!! :rotfl:

Haha that's so cool that you know him! He must be very funny. My best friend's uncle's brother (it's really not as confusing as it sounds :laughing:) created that show that was on Nickelodeon called "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide". He is hilarious!! :rotfl:

And in case anyone was wondering, apprently the inspiration for Danville came from Mobile, Alabama, although Danville is a real place in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia. Also, there is one in Canada, Ireland, and South Africa.

So take your pick. :thumbsup2

Haha that's so cool that you know him! He must be very funny. My best friend's uncle's brother (it's really not as confusing as it sounds :laughing:) created that show that was on Nickelodeon called "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide". He is hilarious!! :rotfl:

And in case anyone was wondering, apprently the inspiration for Danville came from Mobile, Alabama, although Danville is a real place in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia. Also, there is one in Canada, Ireland, and South Africa.

So take your pick. :thumbsup2

Well I'm going to eliminate West Virginia. Our kids have off 72 days this summer. Last day is June 7th and they go back Aug. 19th. Although we do get an entire WEEK for Thanksgiving and "Deer Season" which I will never understand.:confused3 I think we're going to move to Wisconsin too!:rotfl:

Hey Ferb... I know what we're going to do today.....
(count the days to summer vacation):rotfl:

LOL! I just went in and told DD that she had 72 days of summer vacation to look forward to. Without hesitation, she says to me, "I thought it was 104." :rotfl: Oh the joy of television!:happytv:

79 in this part of Florida! Of course, that isn't counting all those 'other' days off during the year. I remember growing up in UK and US kids stationed there in the home next door complained that it was almost three months off summertime in TX (this was about 25 years ago though) but not as much during the school year. I was jealous at first but as I got older realized I LIKED all those breaks in between! LOL (Especially "October Break" when it was my birthday!) Oh and our summer off was 6-7 week TOTAL.

I always kinda thought that it would be the number of days between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
If you start with Saturday, May 29 of this year until Tuesday, September 7, there are 102 days.
Granted, we do not have that long of a vacation, but years ago, kids usually got off before Memorial Day and went back after Labor Day.
Yeah, I know....I really don't have anything better to do than add that up.:lmao:

We only get 64 days of vacation! It's not long enough IMO. I hate the hustle, bustle of the school year and crazy mornings and paperwork everywhere. I enjoy the time when they are all in school to myself sometimes but by the end of the school year I'm over it!

We do get a week in Sept. and extra time off at Christmas to make up for going back to early but it's still so odd to me they go back the first week in August.

Of course if we are bringing up the question of summer vacation days, we probably should wonder where in the world you can be a drive to the beach and Mt. Rushmore. :confused3

Ok, I wasn't sure if you all were counting weekends or not, but ours is short too!! LOL. They are only out 49 weekdays or including weekends it comes to 69 days.

Which I'm really happy about because child care is going to kill me this summer. It will go from 300 a month to 600 month!! I could use that extra money for Disney.

My kids have only 70 days this year...
I on the other hand a community college professor have 109 for the first time in 4 years I am not teaching a summer class!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter