10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

As I posted a while ago I can't be there due to the travel ban. But I would really appreciate it if someone could post pictures of the park map and schedule tomorrow morning, so I can get an idea of when to look for livestreams.

We are here at Coronado Springs and asked three different CM and got three different answers. One thought buses might run earlier tomorrow, another said be at the bus stop 15-20 minutes early and we should be fine, and another said the buses start 45 minutes before park opening. I don't believe any of them. But if they keep telling people to only show up at the stops 45 minutes before parking opening maybe the first bus won't be too crowded.
That's funny. I asked at the gondolas regarding this past Sunday, soft open for resort guests. The CM looked at a schedule and nailed it. The gondola was actually running early.
I was there for ROTR opening day and had been asking about buses, the Skyliner, and an earlier opening time all week. Every single CM told me all hours would be the same as usual, so an 8am opening IIRC. The day before opening I tried once more at the CBR Skyliner station (was staying at Pop), and a manager there looked up the actual schedule on an iPad, and then told me the Skyliner would start running at 6:30am instead of its usual time. This was the only piece of information that turned out to be true. When I left my room at Pop there was already a decent line for the Skyliner (20-30 people) but I opted to take a taxi as I had seen on Twitter that cars had been lining up for parking since 4:30 or so. So I figured that it would give me a head start. By the time the first people got on the Skyliner I was on Slinky with a train full of vloggers, boarding group in hand. And if you had listened to all the CMs who said the park would open at 8 you were pretty much SOL because boarding groups for the day ran out shortly after 8. By the time the 8am crowds entered the park I had secured my BG, been on Slinky twice, ToT twice, RnRC once, and was in line for the day-of merch.
Long story short: don't listen to the CMs! If you can get a transportation manager or similar to look up the actual schedule on a device then that's something you can rely on a bit more. But front desks/guest services/etc. all gave out wrong information.
I didn't notice that but they did the same yesterday as well (extended by 1 hour at the last minute). I rode splash and thunder by walk-on shortly after HEA. I plan on taking a mid-day break and then closing down the place. Maybe something will happen at 11?? :scratchin :flower::earsboy:
On DLP's 25th they did a kiss goodnight show near the exit after closing. We didn't catch the whole thing but it was great because there were hardly any people left and the atmosphere was wonderful.

Have a great day everyone!

I have a camp site at fort wilderness and will be sleeping in my car there or at my house nearby. I can’t decide if I should have an Uber drop me off at GF or the cross walk at contemporary. Or it circling the MK toll plaza is the best bet.

I hope the weather is as good as it was today. With the breeze, it seemed pleasant to me at Epcot today (not too hot).

They are $60 before any discounts.

They seem to be going for around $100 shipped online, I wonder what they are actually sold for. I’m so tempted to just buy them, but then I’ll be so annoyed if I do actually find them at retail plus the 20% off! WTD, WTD…

they looked a lot better when I saw a photo somewhere of a lady wearing them. I think it was on a Facebook page, someone showing off all of their purchases.
View attachment 608231

We are here now. It’s been dead last 3 days. We did all of MK in about 4 hrs yesterday. After a year of being excited, I’m now torn on whether to go into MK on the 1st. I have been completely underwhelmed by the merchandise so far. Don’t need to do any other rides at MK this trip. Crowds just seem so “unfun”. And while I’ll always love it, I really dislike WDW now without
If anybody is staying at Wilderness Lodge, I just stopped by the front desk and was told boats tomorrow start running at 5am.

Yeah. Our brood is planning to leave BLT @ 5.

Also just spoke with a cast member who said, unofficially, the buses will be running earlier. They don’t really want people there earlier, but they don’t want mobs of angry people standing around either. :)

The walkway from Bacon Lettuce & Tomato will open at 4:30AM per the front desk.…. that’s nice.

Looks like they’re doing the ceremony tonight. Supposed to be enchantment & so none so far. Wonder what they’ll do tomorrow.

We were planning on going over around 7:30 by taking an Uber to the CR for a breakfast reservation, but probably just skipping the reservation. Now reading about everyone going at like 5:30 I’m second guessing our plan. However, someone tell me why I would need or want to get up at 4 am and wait for a bus from the BW that might not come for a couple of hours? Is there a real reason to go that early? We don’t plan on riding, so I dont care about getting on as many as possible before official opening or anything like that. Plus, what about the resort guest 30 min. They can’t let non resort guests in before 8 then, can they?

They did the rededication ceremony tonight???

We're probably going to show up around 7:30ish. Not going to bother fighting to be at the very front....we'll enjoy a bit of sleep first.

So, are we all agreed with 5:30am?
Or is someone now going to go behind our collective backs and arrive at 5:00am?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter