10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

Do we have any murmurs of ceremonies? Is the opening at 7:55am it? Will there be special guests?
**Absolutely unverified** from a CM parents group I belong to: housekeeping CMs have supposedly said that they're prepping rooms at Beach Club for the arrival of "the bigwigs". Stressing - this is an unverified third-hand rumor. I asked my CM daughter and she and her CM friends have not heard this particular rumor. (My own thought was "Beach Club?")

Edited to add: "the bigwigs" are on site. Lots of photos posted this morning of off-duty CMs posing with Josh, Bob, etc. at the MK last night.

Last edited:

Beach Club is apparently the go-to spot to put VIPs.

Soooo… what is the earliest time to be there? 5am?

I want to be part of the first group to get in, take pictures, get merch, grab a spot in the castle for ceremonies/parades - because something must be planned, right?

We are at Poly now and I’m thinking about asking to extend 1 nt, delay our BC arrival abd just catch new show from right where I am on pool deck tomorrow night.
Making sure you know - you can watch the new fireworks from the Poly TONIGHT at 10:15.

Asked twice at the front desk. It doesn't sound like busses will be running any earlier. Just normal procedure.

We are here at Coronado Springs and asked three different CM and got three different answers. One thought buses might run earlier tomorrow, another said be at the bus stop 15-20 minutes early and we should be fine, and another said the buses start 45 minutes before park opening. I don't believe any of them. But if they keep telling people to only show up at the stops 45 minutes before parking opening maybe the first bus won't be too crowded.

I was told buses start around 630, by both CMs. One even looked at a schedule. The plan now is to be at the bus at 6. I hope they have more security lines open. Tuesday they only had three.

I’m sorry if it’s already been asked, but does anyone know what time they are planning to open the parking gates tomorrow? We’re staying onsite so we would love to get in the park early but will likely drive. Not sure what time to start lining up to get through the parking gates.

Did everyone else catch the 11pm close for tomorrow?? I am THRILLED!!!

I didn't notice that but they did the same yesterday as well (extended by 1 hour at the last minute). I rode splash and thunder by walk-on shortly after HEA. I plan on taking a mid-day break and then closing down the place. Maybe something will happen at 11?? :scratchin :flower::earsboy:

I’m sorry if it’s already been asked, but does anyone know what time they are planning to open the parking gates tomorrow? We’re staying onsite so we would love to get in the park early but will likely drive. Not sure what time to start lining up to get through the parking gates.
I believe it's been 1 hour prior but someone else can correct me on that. With that said, I'd strongly advise taking any disney transportation over driving tomorrow. Traffic could be backed up for miles before the gates open and you'll then have to fight crowds for the ferry or monorail as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter