10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

Ten Days Away!!!!

Merch is arriving, gold statues are shining, banners are waving!!

I’ve been stalking every news source to see if we get a hint of what’s in store that day. Hoping we hear something soon.

I’m also hoping we find this vintage goodie make an appearance in the 50th Vault collection!

Anybody know if Early Entry is also available for the Intl Gateway entrance at Epcot? I suspect so, but have never done it from the Gateway entrance.

I wanted one of the LE Passholder 50th pins. But with only 3000 and us not being there until 10/1, guessing they will all be gone 😞 Has anyone noticed if they are keeping to the 2 per person limit?
They definitely are sticking to 2 of each sku transaction. I was with my parents today in the emporium and all 3 of us are pass holders. We asked for 3, 1 per passholder but was told no. I ended up buying two for my dad and I, while my mom went back into the line to get hers in a separate transaction.

They definitely are sticking to 2 of each sku transaction. I was with my parents today in the emporium and all 3 of us are pass holders. We asked for 3, 1 per passholder but was told no. I ended up buying two for my dad and I, while my mom went back into the line to get hers in a separate transaction.
How much are the pins?

I wanted one of the LE Passholder 50th pins. But with only 3000 and us not being there until 10/1, guessing they will all be gone 😞 Has anyone noticed if they are keeping to the 2 per person limit?
It seems crazy that there wouldn't be any LE pins for 10/1 guests. I can't imagine Disney not making various LE pins for the entire 18months of the celebration. It's easy money.

I do want a tee shirt for my nephew with the actual date on it, as it's his birthday also...hope they sell such things at Epcot.

Have they said what, if anything they are doing special on that specific day, only in MK? Is there going to be special treats or merchandise?

I am shocked! Especially since they’re already used to keeping the parks open past midnight for Boo Bash. I’m hoping for a surprise when they post the next hours on Friday. That or WDW has had way more cancellations than they’re letting on, and crowds won’t be as crazy as we’re fearing

Right? I've just about resigned myself to the notion that, if there's going to be some kind of official ceremony, we'll learn what time it occurs on that morning.
I feel the same way! It seems like there will be "merch" people that day and "ceremony/entertainment" people, and I am the latter. DH and I are just showing up as early as they will let us (walking over from GF). Please Disney- give us an idea of the schedule that day as soon as possible! Welcome us at the train station with rare characters! Citizens of Main Street! (Yes, all pipe dreams, but at least I am giving it some thought....;)

I know this is for the 2nd, but figured some of y’all may be sticking around to go to Ratatouille on 10/2. Anyone looking for Beaches and Cream reservation for 10/2? I have one to cancel, but wanted to see if anyone wanted to try to time it so you can snag it. Party of 2 @ 5p

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter