• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

there has been no announcement of a ceremony or a time if there is one. I would think there would be, but maybe not due to covid.
I was just talking to my friend about this- do you think they had the ceremony when they filmed for the show airing on the 1st? When they had the stage set up??? That seems to make more sense to me since nothing has been announced yet.
They never really announce these things beforehand... DLP put some teasers on social media the week before the 25th but the detailed schedule is never out until the special park map sometimes leaks the day before. For DLP's 5th there wasn't even really a schedule. They just randomly announced events throughout the day à la "ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, in just 15 minutes blablabla".

"ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, in just 15 minutes blablabla".
am I the only person who heard the announcers voice when reading that? Well..not the blahblahblah part…
omg and it gave me the :sunny::flower1::love::tongue::yay: bigsmiles!

who cares when or where or how or what….we will be there!!

we are leaving in 11 days!! Woot!! It is finally hitting me. Omg!

we have been planning, budgeting, preparing for this trip since 2017 when we decided to skip our week long 15th anniversary trip in oct 2018 and do oct 2021 instead. we held our breath when the pandemic hit and watched everything grid to a halt…we crossed our fingers and worked really hard to find jobs when we both found ourselves out of work due to covid…(and fell upward, if you catch my drift) we watched and read every blog and tried to plan and not plan and dream…it is finally here. We booked our room reservations over 489 ago, and started the countdown…

We have have so many magical experiences (see signature for the biggie) and just can’t wait to see all that is new ( for us…slinky dog dash and anything that opened after that is new, for us….ok??) and experience a once in a lifetime 50th anniversary for Disneyworld.

Yay!

who is packed? (not me) who is going the week before like us and leaving the weekend oct 2/3rd?

am I the only person who heard the announcers voice when reading that? Well..not the blahblahblah part…

we have been planning, budgeting, preparing for this trip since 2017 when we decided to skip our week long 15th anniversary trip in oct 2018 and do oct 2021 instead. we held our breath when the pandemic hit and watched everything grid to a halt…we crossed our fingers and worked really hard to find jobs when we both found ourselves out of work due to covid…(and fell upward, if you catch my drift) we watched and read every blog and tried to plan and not plan and dream…it is finally here. We booked our room reservations over 489 ago, and started the countdown…

We have have so many magical experiences (see signature for the biggie) and just can’t wait to see all that is new ( for us…slinky dog dash and anything that opened after that is new, for us….ok??) and experience a once in a lifetime 50th anniversary for Disneyworld.

Yay!

who is packed? (not me) who is going the week before like us and leaving the weekend oct 2/3rd?
I'm glad that brought a smile to your face :) I can hear it, too!
Like yourself I had planned to be there the week before. However, despite these plans being over 15 years in the making I won't be there because POTUS won't let me into the country and I don't see that changing in the next 10 days or so. The person who was supposed to be coming along jumped ship a couple of weeks ago and is flying elsewhere on Saturday. And this was the first time ever that I've been offered an upgrade to boot (Music to CBR). So it sucks extra badly.

Yay!

We are already on the way! We live in the UK so have been quarantining for the last week in a third country(Croatia) so that we can enter the US. We will be arriving on the 24th and leaving on the 9th.

We are already on the way! We live in the UK so have been quarantining for the last week in a third country(Croatia) so that we can enter the US. We will be arriving on the 24th and leaving on the 9th.
Safe travels! Can imagine the excitement of getting there after all the planning and quarantining :)

Definitely adds to the excitement, it's also our first trip as DVC members after delaying the trip several times over the last 18 months.
Welcome Home!! Hope that your magic band turns purple .. it is so exciting hearing it!

I am wondering about strategy and planning for this day also… I guarantee Disney has gotten really good at controlling crowds .
It won’t be fun unless you are prepared. I consider myself familiar with crowds but they were really strict last NYE just staying at BLT .
Very strict but I felt safe . You aren’t going to outsmart Disney.
Good luck to all that arrive at this happy place on a very happy day.
Happy Anniversary Walt Disney World !
But they never used a park reservation system on NYE and it wasn’t limited attendance. As I’m thinking this through, there are only so many people that can’t enter the park that day. It can’t close to capacity because capacity has already been ore-determined. So it won’t be as crowded as NYEs of the past.
Other than first crack at merchandise and ride waits, I don’t see much of a reason to arrive early. And I’m also assuming there wil be no issue with leaving avd returning? I originally thought “we must arrive early” and “we must plan on a long day with no resort breaks” but lately I’m thinking that may not be necessary.

Please share reaction to what I’m saying.

But they never used a park reservation system on NYE and it wasn’t limited attendance. As I’m thinking this through, there are only so many people that can’t enter the park that day. It can’t close to capacity because capacity has already been ore-determined. So it won’t be as crowded as NYEs of the past.
Other than first crack at merchandise and ride waits, I don’t see much of a reason to arrive early. And I’m also assuming there wil be no issue with leaving avd returning? I originally thought “we must arrive early” and “we must plan on a long day with no resort breaks” but lately I’m thinking that may not be necessary.

It seems that park reservation secures the entrance… but there is little info on what is happening that day.. special parades, ceremony, characters interaction etc etc that i’d say might be best to secure a spot in the hub by going in early and avoid missing it...

because hopefully there will be something special, right? LOL

I don’t plan on any rides and I assume they’ll be doing something special all day. I am pumped for fireworks, and just strolling around, taking it all in. I was actually considering arriving around 2pm. Or going early, buying stuff, leaving fur lunch and then returning 3or 4 on. Still not sure.

we’re at Poly 9/26-9/30 then beach club 9/30-10/7 (couldn’t get the reverse order) so I too am concerned about getting to MK in that morning madness

We got monorail lunch reservations, so will be leaving the park and coming back. We lucked out (by compulsively checking monorail resort reservations multiple times a day) and grabbed Contemp garden reservations for Sept 30-Oct 2 when they showed up. We had been over at a Wilderness Cabin w/ a golfcart to make sure we could get to the boat quickly and not wait on super crowded buses - but was still stressing the boat. But I feel much better being able to just walk over.

Looking at what dinner reservation to free up now -
I have a BOG at 5:50 and a Tony's Town square at 8:05.
Aside from the omg I'm eating too much steak in one day problem -
My thoughts were to walk right out of Tony's and watch fireworks from the entrance. OR come out of BOG around 6:30/45 and try to find a place at back of the Hub. Afraid - with this crowd, even getting a spot at 7 is too late. I will be back on the 6th and hope to get plaza view dessert party tickets - so will be seeing the show from the hub later in the week. Which makes me lean towards the front for the 1st.
Anyone have any thoughts?

My thoughts were to walk right out of Tony's and watch fireworks from the entrance. OR come out of BOG around 6:30/45 and try to find a place at back of the Hub. Afraid - with this crowd, even getting a spot at 7 is too late. I will be back on the 6th and hope to get plaza view dessert party tickets - so will be seeing the show from the hub later in the week. Which makes me lean towards the front for the 1st.

I like your Tony's idea as you'll get a different view from your dessert party view!

Reservations are open for steakhouse 71, just snagged one for 1145 on the 1st and for breakfast on the 2nd.
That went fast. I would say 2 minutes. I thought reservations were supposed to open tomorrow?

oh that's why I suddenly saw MK area restaurants with availability...

If your BOG is for 2 people & you're giving it up, I'd love to snag it!

I happen to agree with you. Park reservation will get us in. We are staying at Kidani. And I am traveling with my Mom who is not a morning person. So we will get there late morning most likely.

I'm going to ask Guest Services the day off. I assume the park reservation is good to get you re-entry up until 2 PM when park hopping starts, then all bets might be off. I plan on going first thing in the morning and returning around 1 PM if that's the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter