• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

I wish Disney would stop making park availability for October 1. I worry about reentry, as well. Standing in line is what I see happening for that day. I'm thinking a few rides and watching fireworks from behind the castle. I'll watch YouTube to see what I missed and maybe catch them another day from Main Street. I have been able to get some TS ressies that work better for me.

There is news today that ABC will air a special anniversary show on the night of 10/1. While I’m sure much will be filmed in advance, possibly some of the people cited to appear in the special *could* make an appearance for any ceremony presentation at MK. Hopefully, we will learn more soon!

Last edited:
I saw that special information, too. If I'm not in the park, due to me cancelling, I'll watch that and the YouTubers from home. And I booked this trip at the 499 day mark. During the shut down I had a CM ask me how were you able to book this. He referred to seeing nothing booked past a certain date.

Last edited:
What I don't get is why they're still increasing capacity. They opened it up for all buckets again today.

This makes me mad. There must be cancellations, because I see resort availability, especially deluxe. I would like reduced crowds however that happens.
I don't think it was due to cancellations because all dates turned green across the board, ticket/resort and APs. Thanksgiving, Christmas, all of October. Everything.

This makes me mad. There must be cancellations, because I see resort availability, especially deluxe. I would like reduced crowds however that happens.
I've been watching hotel availability pretty regularly for the past month or so, at least once every other day of not every day. Availability doesn't seem much different, if anything there is less than there was a week or two ago.

We have 6 reservations for 10/1 and are most likely canceling 4 if not 5 of them. They just announced my daughter needs to quarantine for 7 days before returning to school. There are all these hoops to jump through for her to be able to do virtual during those days and it just not worth it. I will be going solo or with my sister. Really upset for my kids if I’m being honestly. But also a bit relived, I wasn’t sure how they would do with the crowds and no FP, we will do another trip, but I’m still so sad.

Finally able to get off part of the day on 9/30 and changed our flight coming in to that night! I was just so scared of our flight that was 10/1 and didn’t land until 12, of not being able to get in(even though we have a park reservation for that day), or all the merchandise gone when we get there! So now, we can get up early and go:love:

We did the same thing!!! We were arriving 1145 Fri am but changed to 850 pm arrival Thur! So excited!!! I'm so glad I snatched 2 10/1 reservations when extra became avail awhile ago. My thoughts then were just in case something changes. :mickeyjum

The new 50th Anniversary Magic Bands are so cute! I was holding off on ordering Magic Bands in case they released any. I'm glad I did. My wallet, not so much.
Thank you for posting that! We have magic bands so weren’t planning to order any but the 50th band is great! My wallet isn’t thankful lol

Staying at AKV-Kidani and will have a rental car. Would you drive to MK or bus 10/1? Either way, what's the opinions on how early to be at bus stop or TTC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter