10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

I don't think they've opened it as much as they have right now, and I do hope they don't open it again.
Agreed. To my knowledge it's never been open as long as it was last week. Seeing how crowded it has been lately it'll be interesting to see if capacity is now equally high for all dates into the future, or if they're tightening the belt where and when they still can. The latter would seem like the more prudent approach. Adding more park passes is certainly easier than taking them back. We would probably still go but shorten our on-site stay and only do one or two park days. The 50th is the only reason we want to go, but alas, it's out of our hands.

I love the ears hat as well! Also wonder if that’s a foam Mickey soap dispenser similar to what they sell at Tokyo Disney 👀
I believe it is! They have a version in the parks now but that looks like some kind of 50th anniversary one to me :)

Anyone having issues with My Disney Experience today? I'm searching for those elusive Oct 1 MK dining reservations and was told my account was frozen because I haven't logged in recently (even though I've been logging in daily to search!) The link they sent me to reset my password doesn't work. So I'm on hold...

Anyone having issues with My Disney Experience today? I'm searching for those elusive Oct 1 MK dining reservations and was told my account was frozen because I haven't logged in recently (even though I've been logging in daily to search!) The link they sent me to reset my password doesn't work. So I'm on hold...
I’ve had that happen to me 3 times recently, and quite a few times in the past. I’m
Getting tired of resetting my password (I then have to remember I reset it and change it on everything it’s saved on for every Disney related site). I’m also running out of passwords I’ll remember. I keep trying to tell myself it’s better safe than sorry, but it makes no sense. Sometimes I have to re-log in for some reason and mistype a password 4 times and it doesn’t matter, other times once and they lock me out! Also, as for the haven’t logged in bull, they have told me that and I think I log in every day from somewhere, often multiple times a day. So I have no idea, but it’s aggravating!

Those Oct 1 dining reservations definitely elusive... but I managed to get Oct 2 at California Grill today, so bonus!

I just came on here to see if anyone was having this problem. It was letting me change my password this morning but now nothing happens. I can start my dining reservations for the second half of my split stay tomorrow so hoping this issue gets fixed today!

I had a reservation finder come through with a Grand Floridian Cafe reservation on 10/1 at 5:00. So it’s something, but if I can’t move lunch up eventually (I have Tony’s at 2:30) that’s too close together, and I still don’t know how I feel about leaving the MK and having to get back in. I don’t know that I’ll ever get lucky enough to get a lunch around noon and dinner around 5:30, I’ll have to make the best of what I’m able to get. At least I have something, though, I really want the guaranteed time to sit in peace and relax while we eat without having to mobile order, stalk for a table, etc..

I wish our trip had started sooner and given me more of a +10 window for booking, by my day it was super slim pickings (but by the next day there was nothing, so it could have been worse).

Would you expect MK to be at capacity (like NYE prepandemic) on 10/1?

Wondering if park hopper would be possible, and/or if we could leave the park midday and come back…

Have you heard if there will be testings and/or previous of the new fireworks shows?

Would you expect MK to be at capacity (like NYE prepandemic) on 10/1?

Wondering if park hopper would be possible, and/or if we could leave the park midday and come back…

Folks have been saying that with a park reservation, you're already counted towards the park capacity. I'm still nervous personally and plan to be back in the park before 2p or ask guest services to verify.

Apparently, WDW is planning a beer party with champagne prices right now. They don't have the parks staffed and they really don't care. I'm amazed at the news reports (Newsweek for one) on the trash issues in the parks, reading about folks spending 500+ a night-bringing there own trash bags, attacking one of their premier super hero's (Scarlett J) and the reporting on the pricing of the SW cruiser. If there is no signs of improvement, ill cancel and wait until (if) they get their stuff together.

Apparently, WDW is planning a beer party with champagne prices right now. They don't have the parks staffed and they really don't care. I'm amazed at the news reports (Newsweek for one) on the trash issues in the parks, reading about folks spending 500+ a night-bringing there own trash bags, attacking one of their premier super hero's (Scarlett J) and the reporting on the pricing of the SW cruiser. If there is no signs of improvement, ill cancel and wait until (if) they get their stuff together.
There have been plenty of people (myself included) that have continued to have absolutely fantastic experiences. The parks are just as magical (if not more so) as ever.

So ready to get some news about this day. I have a lunch and dinner ADR but that's it. Wondering how early and late the park will be open.

Agreed! Although I had to make my dinner ADR before they announced what time the new firework show was going to take place and I feel like I’m cutting it too close. Sigh.

We’ll be there on the 1st- me, my fiancé and our son who will be almost 10 months old! Our trip is 9/24-10/2 so even if we don’t get to do much, I’m excited for my son to be able to say he was there!

Agreed! Although I had to make my dinner ADR before they announced what time the new firework show was going to take place and I feel like I’m cutting it too close. Sigh.
Same here, but I made it for that time because it was all that was available for a dinner time. There are only 2 of us and I have no intension of staking out a great spot way ahead of time- I just want a decent spot! But I’m still thinking 7:45 is too late to have an ADR. I just hate to cancel, because then we give up pretty much all chance of a sit down dinner. I don’t care about that really, I just care about a break and some calm. I wonder about just a drink and an app, as long as we tip really well?! Probably still too late?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter