1 night not available for our week...

PooH14

Earning My Ears
This is our first trip as dvc members and we decided to do trip in may. We have a 2br villa savanna view at AKL so we have us a place to stay and are happy about it, but we’ve never stayed there so we don’t know what to expect. But we love the wilderness lodge, but the 2br we tried to book there has one day unavailable right in the middle of our week :sad1:. So I have us on the waitlist for that week. Can anyone tell me what’s the likelihood that i will get my request?

So maybe do a split stay. Book what you can at Wilderness Lodge area, book the rest at AKV. Then you have a lesser waitlist for the Wilderness Lodge Villa.

Are you looking at Copper Creek Villas or Boulder Ridge Villas? Copper Creek Villas are newer, so I would think more people are trying to see what they are like.

boulder ridge. Thanks everyone for the help, we might try that. my wife is leaning towards staying at AKL and everything I’ve read or seen of AKL is that it’s a wonderful resort. We just never been so we don’t know what to expect.

AKL is a wonderful resort. I think you would be happy if you stayed there. If CCV is your home, you will have many opportunities to stay there in the future.

You would have great restaurants, great theming, and the animals right outside your window.

The only downside is that you are dependent on the Disney bus system to go to other parks. This is not that big a deal for these reasons.
1) we found the bus system works well
2) if you bring your own car, or a rental car, the location becomes a non-issue.
3) if you stay at Wilderness Lodge, you will also be mostly dependent on the bus system.
4) the most in-demand ride at Disney is Flight of Passage in Pandora at Animal Kingdom. You are in a great spot to go at rope drop or to stay late.

By the way, welcome home!

You just never know with wait lists!

I messed one up some months back and ended up with one night at GF, one night at BL, and two nights at GF. Over Princess weekend so we were having to change resorts after the 10k!

I had to make a new waitlist for the BL night. And just as I started to despair and plan out how to do the moves with minimal I ssues, last night it came through AND they automatically combined them to one reservation. Whew.

Doesn’t mean you’ll get your waitlist, but anything can happen!

Thank you, and we got a chance to visit jamba house lobby and gift shop last year and thought it was beautiful. We are staying at the kidani and have never been there. Only thing I’m worried about is when we want to grab something from quick service or the gift shop, that there wasn’t much of an option at kidani. And didn’t know if it was a big of an issue to get from one resort to the other.

Thank you, and we got a chance to visit jamba house lobby and gift shop last year and thought it was beautiful. We are staying at the kidani and have never been there. Only thing I’m worried about is when we want to grab something from quick service or the gift shop, that there wasn’t much of an option at kidani. And didn’t know if it was a big of an issue to get from one resort to the other.
There’s a shuttle that runs between the 2 buildings, (pulls up by the lobbies - not the bus stops) or you can walk (10 min.s) or catch any park bus from Kidani to Jambo and the Downtown Disney bus from Jambo to Kidani (ask tho’ as sometimes they don’t stop at both.) IMO the small shuttle bus is quickest/easiest.

Kidani does have a gift shop. In fact, when we stayed at Jambo in the fall, we ended up walking over to Kidani for items that Jambo was out of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter