1/19/18 -- Disney Dream Mouseketeers!

-I think the size group of 10 sounds about right.
-Name: How about Minnie Neverland.
-Price: Whatever your heart desires :)
-To list any favorite character or special event celebrating.

That's my two cents :)
Good 2 cents!
And as for the favorite character or special event, I think I have that on the spreadsheet. I will have to double check. If not, it will be a good addition.

I think I reached 10 posts. Does this number include the replies?
upload_2017-5-23_19-47-1.png
It does. The highlighted 11 is your current count!
I will send you the FE message shortly.

P.S. Daco123 - I still need the answers for the questions in the FE message I sent to you.

~Tink~

Have you heard from the creator of this conversation? I was wondering :)
Edited
No, and I haven't heard back from the creator. I haven't heard back from the moderator either.
Before I edited this post I sent another PM to the creator, and I will wait to see if she responds before I try the moderator again.

~Tink~

Last edited:

We're in!

The January 19 departure will be our first Disney Cruise. When we return on the 22nd, we'll be driving off to WDW to stay six nights at Boardwalk Villas as guests of a friend who is a DVC member.

We are a family of three:

Me (tarheelz).
My DW (not (yet) on disboards).
Our DD. Age 10. (She has no idea she's going on a cruise. She only knows that we're going to WDW.)

Last edited:
In an effort to do a little post-padding, I'll note here that I'll be celebrating my birthday on this cruise (Jan 20). Purely coincidence, I swear. (This is the second time I'll be in the clutches of the Mouse on my birthday. First time was 2012 when we stayed at BLT.)

We're in!

The January 19 departure will be our first Disney Cruise. When we return on the 22nd, we'll be driving off to WDW to stay six nights at Boardwalk Villas as guests of a friend who is a DVC member.

We are a family of three:

Me (tarheelz).
My wife
Our daughter, Age 10. (She has no idea she's going on a cruise. She only knows that we're going to WDW.)
Awesome! Welcome to the group.
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
We have a great deal of 1st time cruisers, you will fit right in.
Plus a Secret reveal! Ohh! What would you think about doing an interview and sharing the reveal on my channel ?
We are happy to have you aboard.
If you have any questions, ask away, and I will do my best to help.

~Tink~

Last edited:

Thanks! We're still working on the reveal. (Rising 5th graders tend to be a bit too cool to give that awesome tears of joy sort of response you can get from a 1st grader.)

We are considering Mom and Dad taking a wrong turn followed by a desperate decision upon realizing we are so far away from WDW that we need to spend the night in Cocoa Beach. (We'll see. Not sure how much trauma we want to inflict prior to the reveal.)

Thanks! We're still working on the reveal. (Rising 5th graders tend to be a bit too cool to give that awesome tears of joy sort of response you can get from a 1st grader.)

We are considering Mom and Dad taking a wrong turn followed by a desperate decision upon realizing we are so far away from WDW that we need to spend the night in Cocoa Beach. (We'll see. Not sure how much trauma we want to inflict prior to the reveal.)
That actually sounds like a great idea. Either way, I would still be interested in sharing your reveal. I am sure there are other parents with kids in the same age bracket wondering if they should or shouldn't give it a try. We can talk more about it when we get closer. But for now, it is time to plan.
Today is my family's scheduled planning party for the month of May. Which means I have a day of Disney music, vacation planning, and a Disney movie tonight! popcorn::party::happytv::earboy2:

~Tink~

That actually sounds like a great idea. Either way, I would still be interested in sharing your reveal. I am sure there are other parents with kids in the same age bracket wondering if they should or shouldn't give it a try. We can talk more about it when we get closer. But for now, it is time to plan.

Got it. We're on it. Assuming we pull it off reasonably well, we'll definitely share.
Today is my family's scheduled planning party for the month of May. Which means I have a day of Disney music, vacation planning, and a Disney movie tonight! popcorn::party::happytv::earboy2:

~Tink~

Good idea. We need to do this. (As first time cruisers, we have some time before the 75 day window opens.) In the meantime, our family is planning to watch the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean tomorrow so that we're caught up to the new release.)

Got it. We're on it. Assuming we pull it off reasonably well, we'll definitely share.

Good idea. We need to do this. (As first time cruisers, we have some time before the 75 day window opens.) In the meantime, our family is planning to watch the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean tomorrow so that we're caught up to the new release.)
Well, make sure you know where your Pirate loyalties lie! pirate: There will be an on board test.....hint (remember someone very famous once said it all started with___________)!

~Tink~

Whew. That's one I actually know!
Okay quick question. I just noticed your avatar. What exactly is a Dole Whip? I know you can get them in the parks, and that everyone seems to love them.
However, I am allergic to milk and when I hear the word Whip describing food, I instantly think 'dairy....can't have'. But then, I read a review in which someone was talking about Allergy Friendly foods at Disney, and they mentioned Dole Whips. So now I am confused and am wondering if I have been missing out on this great Disney thing that I didn't need to avoid.

~Tink~

The Dole Whip is a soft-serve frozen pineapple fruit dessert. It was invented by the Dole Foods to promote ... pineapple, I suppose. It's lighter than a typical ice cream soft serve.

You can get it at WDW in the MK and at the Polynesian. (You can also get a Dole Whip float which is Dole Whip on top of pineapple juice.)

Latest word is that it's now totally DAIRY FREE!! People used to say it was dairy free but really it was only lactose free. They've now fixed that. (See below.)

http://www.allergyfreemouse.com/2017/03/dole-whip-dairy-free-and-available-in-many-places/

It's really sweet but so good. (This from a guy who generally limits himself to almost no carbs. I cheat with Dole Whip.)

The Dole Whip is a soft-serve frozen pineapple fruit dessert. It was invented by the Dole Foods to promote ... pineapple, I suppose. It's lighter than a typical ice cream soft serve.

You can get it at WDW in the MK and at the Polynesian. (You can also get a Dole Whip float which is Dole Whip on top of pineapple juice.)

Latest word is that it's now totally DAIRY FREE!! People used to say it was dairy free but really it was only lactose free. They've now fixed that. (See below.)

http://www.allergyfreemouse.com/2017/03/dole-whip-dairy-free-and-available-in-many-places/

It's really sweet but so good. (This from a guy who generally limits himself to almost no carbs. I cheat with Dole Whip.)
Thank You!!!!:D
If I could click like above more than once I would. Now I HAVE to try it!
:scratchinLet's start a petition to get them on the boat.:boat:

~Tink~

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

We only have 33 Monday's to go.

There is something to be said about last minute spontaneous travel. It can give a big kick to your adrenaline, and could save you money if you are lucky enough to find that last minute deal.

Clearly though, when I start off my post saying we have 33 Mondays to go, I not going to be giving you tips about a last minute, awesome priced, hurry up and pack we're catching the next plane type of trip. Nope, I am going to be giving you a tip about exactly the opposite.

'The best time to shop for your off season cruise'

This is where my OCVPD (Obsessive Compulsive Vacation Planning Disorder) kicks in. I'm sure you all know that we are sailing during the dead of winter. What you may not know, is just how difficult it is to find cruise weather clothes and beach time necessities that time of year. Speaking as someone who has been there, done that and have the t-shirt (actually sweat shirt) to prove it, my only saving grace was the internet, and even that was like trying to buy a water proof camera on Castaway Cay (for new cruisers, who may not get the reference, it is similar to buying a bottle of water at Disney World).

With summer just getting underway, sales for your summer time must haves are popping up. Now is a perfect time to get out and get everything you are going to need for the cruise. For those who will be traveling with kiddo's don't forget to factor in the guaranteed growth spurt.

If you are reading this and thinking 'Tink, I haven't even made my flight plans yet, how am I supposed to know what I am going to need to pack?' , it's okay, I have you covered. The things you will want to be looking for (either now or through out the summer when you see a good sale) are:

1. Swimsuits for everyone (at least 2 pairs....I know it is a short cruise, but no one likes to head back to the room to get changed for more Aquaduck time and only have a wet suit to put on....believe me, those take FOREVER to dry)

2. Swimsuit cover up

3. Waterproof cameras or something to waterproof your device

4. Sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen

5. Bug bands (mosquito repellent wrist bands)

6. Water shoes

7. Snorkel gear

8. Shorts and sundresses

9. Flip flops or sandals (if those are seasonal item in your area)
and if you are anything like me and you have been “ordered” to take all precautions necessary to avoid sun contact,

10. Rash guard (mine are in the long sleeve variety!)

Now, if you happen to miss all of the great deals at the start of summer, you don't need to worry. In 2.5 – 3 months everything will go on sale again for the end of summer close outs. But to be safe, I would start looking closer to the 2.5 months mark, because when they sell out, they won't reorder until well after our cruise.

Have a great Memorial Day and a wonderful rest of your week.

~Tink~

Okay, crafters I have a question.
I am thinking about a shirt idea for the shirts pictured below (more specifically, the red and black). I want to make matching Mickey shirts for our clan to wear on the cruise and thought these would be really cute with a Mickey applique on the front, our character names (jersey style) on the back, and Mickey ears on the hoodie. I have the applique and name part, but I am getting hung up on the ears. I can't seem to come up with an idea that would allow them to stand up when the hood was on without being to cumbersome. Any ideas?
upload_2017-5-31_10-18-16.png

~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter