1/19/18 -- Disney Dream Mouseketeers!

1st Disney cruise. We want to be included in the FE. What next?
Welcome to the group daco123!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I will add you to the current FE list.

I need to start off with a Warning to all the 1st time Disney cruisers : They are ADDICTIVE!

So, what is next? All 3 of the FE members need to get their post count up to 10 so we can start sharing via private message (pm)(cabin & kiddo information that we don't want to post on the public viewed thread). I am going to try to reach out to a moderator to see about what we can do about the first few posts.
After that, as the founders of this FE group, we need to decide a few things :
~ what size do we want each group to be limited to? 10/15/20/25
~ A name (if you want one )
~ Gift Limit (cost/size)? Do you want to set one?
~ And anything else that is important to each of you.

This is an awesome start to a group. I am excited to be planning with y'all!

~Tink ~

I need to start off with a Warning to all the 1st time Disney cruisers : They are ADDICTIVE!

So, what is next? All 3 of the FE members need to get their post count up to 10 so we can start sharing via private message (pm)(cabin & kiddo information that we don't want to post on the public viewed thread). I am going to try to reach out to a moderator to see about what we can do about the first few posts.

~Tink ~

Ok so actually the group is up to 4. Were 2 families. 2 rooms.

~Tink ~
Also what is a post count? Sorry. This is all new to me. And how do I forward this to the other family coming with us so thy can get in our group?

Ok so actually the group is up to 4. Were 2 families. 2 rooms.

Also what is a post count? Sorry. This is all new to me. And how do I forward this to the other family coming with us so thy can get in our group?
What a great way to spend your 1st Disney cruise. It is so much fun traveling with a large group of friends and family.
And sorry about any confusion. your post count is how many times you have posted messages. Currently, you are at 6.
upload_2017-5-18_9-18-48.png
As for sharing it with the other family, you can copy and paste this link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/1-19-18-disney-dream-mouseketeers.3574856/page-2#post-57611838
into an email to them. They can click on the link and be brought straight to this page. Make sure to let them know they will have to create an account before they can post.
Hope that helps.

~Tink~

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-18_9-16-43.png
    upload_2017-5-18_9-16-43.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 4
Trying to join the group no clue what is going on
Welcome to the group poohbear912!
We are just getting this group rolling and we are happy to have you join us.
Are you going to want to take part in the FE? Or are you just here to have fun planning with us?
Which ever, we are excited to have a new cruiser with us.

~Tink~

Welcome to the group poohbear912!
We are just getting this group rolling and we are happy to have you join us.
Are you going to want to take part in the FE? Or are you just here to have fun planning with us?
Which ever, we are excited to have a new cruiser with us.

~Tink~
Poohbear is with me so clearly she got the link and did it right

Poohbear is with me so clearly she got the link and did it right
Great! I will add her into the FE than.
P.S. You only need 3 more posts before I have to go and find my FE Welcome letter with questions for the spreadsheet!

~Tink ~

Great! I will add her into the FE than.
P.S. You only need 3 more posts before I have to go and find my FE Welcome letter with questions for the spreadsheet!

~Tink ~
I don't know what that means but does this mean only 2 left?

I don't know what that means but does this mean only 2 left?
Yes, if you just say hi 2 more times, or ask 2 more questions, you will be able to use the PM (private message) function.
upload_2017-5-19_11-15-21.png
The inbox is in the top upper right hand corner. This is where you can send and receive private messages (PM).
I will send a message to your inbox with questions for the FE spreadsheet after your next 2 posts.
upload_2017-5-19_11-32-17.png
Start a PM here.

I hope this helps.
~Tink~

Yes, if you just say hi 2 more times, or ask 2 more questions, you will be able to use the PM (private message) function.
View attachment 238009
The inbox is in the top upper right hand corner. This is where you can send and receive private messages (PM).
I will send a message to your inbox with questions for the FE spreadsheet after your next 2 posts.
View attachment 238016
Start a PM here.

I hope this helps.
~Tink~
Hi

Is it a gift per day per person or a gift per room per trip?
That is completely up to you. You will want to look at how much time you want to commit to the making of FE's and the delivering of them (it takes about 15 minutes to deliver gifts to a group of 10 cabins), and at your budget (how much do you want to spend per cabin, or how much do you want to budget all together).
This brings us back to deciding how many cabins do we want to have per group, and are there any limits we want to set up.
I am going to shoot you a PM in just a bit with some questions that will help with the filling in of the FE spreadsheet.
Oh, and congrats on reaching 10 posts!

~Tink~

I just want to let our 4 FE cabins know that I have set up the spreadsheet, and it is ready to start adding cabin information to it. So, for those cabins who have not made 10 posts yet (so that we can exchange the cabin information privately through the messaging feature), please log in and ask a few questions, say hi, count down how many posts you have until you reach 10 (example: you have made 5 posts, so in your next post you can say 4 to go, then post again saying 3 to go....and so on), or, share a little about any events you may be celebrating, or what excites you most about your Disney cruise.
Once you hit 10, I can send the questions about the information your FE group members will need in order to share with you.

~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone! We have a mere 34 Mondays until we set sail.

In today's Monday Forget me Not's I have a storage and organizational tip to share with you.

Plan to pack a shoe organizer w/ a hook on the top to hang on the towel hook on the inside of the bathroom door (Disney no longer allows over the door hangers. If you use one that goes over the door, you run the risk of getting a repair bill added to your account).
These organizers come in handy when you are trying to keep all of your bathroom stuff organized, out of reach of little hands, and clutter free.

~Tink~

upload_2017-5-22_11-51-9.png
Saw for sale on ebay for $0.99 / free shipping (all you have to add is your own hanger)

16 Pockets Hanging Over Door Shoe Organizer Storage Rack Bag Box

Search: one hook hanging shoe organizer

upload_2017-5-22_11-52-20.png
upload_2017-5-22_11-52-47.png

~Tink ~

-I think the size group of 10 sounds about right.
-Name: How about Minnie Neverland.
-Price: Whatever your heart desires :)
-To list any favorite character or special event celebrating.

That's my two cents :)

Happy Monday everyone! We have a mere 34 Mondays until we set sail.

In today's Monday Forget me Not's I have a storage and organizational tip to share with you.

Plan to pack a shoe organizer w/ a hook on the top to hang on the towel hook on the inside of the bathroom door (Disney no longer allows over the door hangers. If you use one that goes over the door, you run the risk of getting a repair bill added to your account).
These organizers come in handy when you are trying to keep all of your bathroom stuff organized, out of reach of little hands, and clutter free.

~Tink~

View attachment 238678
Saw for sale on ebay for $0.99 / free shipping (all you have to add is your own hanger)

16 Pockets Hanging Over Door Shoe Organizer Storage Rack Bag Box

Search: one hook hanging shoe organizer

View attachment 238679
View attachment 238680
Temporary FE List
Frozen47

Chitownpnthr
daco123
Poohbear912

Howdy from Texas Tinkerbelltwins!!!!:wave2:
We just turned our place holder into the sea part of our land and sea vacation next year.:woohoo:
We have 3 in our cabin, myself (Tink), my DH, and our 17 year old DS.
I am excited to see that a thread was already started for this sailing. We just got home from a re-positioning cruise on the Wonder.
I had started the thread for that sailing and thus over saw the FE and and all of the other planned activities. So my hats off to you Beth, I already appreciate all of the hard work and hours you will put in for the group.
I look forward to getting to know you, and planning for an awesome cruise together.

~Tink~
so exciting !!

Happy Monday Everyone!!!!
(I remembered :D)
I am going to start something called Monday Forget Me Not's to count down our final 35 Mondays until our cruise. These will be fun little posts (well, sometimes not so little) that will be helpful tidbits (especially for our first time cruisers) I have picked up along my families trek to platinum Castaway Club members (we are currently only Gold, but platinum is not to far off).
Now the big task for me will be to remember Mondays (especially since we have completed school for the year).
Here we go......Week 1 - To Disconnect

Don't forget, that we are all on vacation. Back in the real world, I know that I can not go more than 2 minutes with out one of my mobile devices notifying me that there is something I need to do....read and email, place an order, make a call, eat lunch, .....
And I am sure that this is true for most everyone else as well. But, speaking on behalf of my family, we need time to unplug and enjoy life without all of the distractions.
Disney has made it easy for us to loose contact with the real world. Unlike the parks, they have not provided the passengers with free WiFi (we will be able to use the on board intranet for the Navigator App, but that does not connect us to all of the distractions back home...I will cover that in another post - I promise). If you want to (or have to) log on to check emails, or check in, or anything else, you will either have to pay for each Megabit or wait until we dock and find a free WiFi location. On our last couple of cruises, they have had a special for 50 free megabits if you sign in and claim them before midnight of our first day aboard. I cannot say with absolute certainty that this will still be available, but it is worth keeping an eye out for if you think you will need to feed your digital addictions.
So, take some time away from the digital world and enjoy a stress free, demand free get away.
**Side note, I know as well as anyone that being connected is as much of an addiction as my husbands need to drink at least two 32 oz sodas a day (believe me, his caffeine withdrawals are not pretty). So, plan ahead to start weaning yourself down prior to the trip.

Have a great week!
~Tink~
Great idea :)

~Tink ~
I think I reached 10 posts. Does this number include the replies?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!