•The Official POLYNESIAN VILLAS & BUNGALOWS Owners and Fans info thread•

Hi and thanks for starting this thread! We've stayed once at PVR, back in Aug 2020 right after things had just opened back up. It was weird, but we still fell in love with the resort, even with every single Longhouse except for Moorea and Tokelau empty, dark and scary every day (scary at night) of our visit. Anyway! Going to be there Sept 1 - 10, with my grown daughter and step-son (I shouldn't even call him that. He's just my son to me.) The last time I had these two OGs with me at WDW was in 1995. !!! Last time at the Poly my group (not the crew I'm taking this time) stayed in Tokelau, 3rd floor. Loved the proximity to the GCH, Oasis Pool, busses, etc. We had a decent view of the castle if you leaned way out and looked to the right. How is Moorea for views and convenience? Is it really much further to GCH than from Tokelau? We will be doing laundry so I like that it's in Moorea. On-line check in only lets you check either ground-floor (No thank ya), Moorea or Tokelau. We're arriving late, like 7 pm if that matters. Any/all input and opinions appreciated.

Again, thanks for starting a new Poly thread!

EDIT: Just watched Amy & Paul Krieger's video of the studio in Pago Pago. Have all the DVC studios at the Poly upgraded to the murphy bed now? If not, then I want to stay at Pago Pago. The online check-in only allows requests for Moorea of Tokelau. Suggestions?

Last edited:
EDIT: Just watched Amy & Paul Krieger's video of the studio in Pago Pago. Have all the DVC studios at the Poly upgraded to the murphy bed now? If not, then I want to stay at Pago Pago. The online check-in only allows requests for Moorea of Tokelau. Suggestions?
Yes, all the DVC villas have been refurbished to the Murphy beds. We have yet to try out the Murphy beds, but hear that they are nice.

Hi and thanks for starting this thread! We've stayed once at PVR, back in Aug 2020 right after things had just opened back up. It was weird, but we still fell in love with the resort, even with every single Longhouse except for Moorea and Tokelau empty, dark and scary every day (scary at night) of our visit. Anyway! Going to be there Sept 1 - 10, with my grown daughter and step-son (I shouldn't even call him that. He's just my son to me.) The last time I had these two OGs with me at WDW was in 1995. !!! Last time at the Poly my group (not the crew I'm taking this time) stayed in Tokelau, 3rd floor. Loved the proximity to the GCH, Oasis Pool, busses, etc. We had a decent view of the castle if you leaned way out and looked to the right. How is Moorea for views and convenience? Is it really much further to GCH than from Tokelau? We will be doing laundry so I like that it's in Moorea. On-line check in only lets you check either ground-floor (No thank ya), Moorea or Tokelau. We're arriving late, like 7 pm if that matters. Any/all input and opinions appreciated.

Again, thanks for starting a new Poly thread!

When we stay in Moorea, we use a small shortcut to/from GCH. You can walk through Tokelau lobby, then through the quiet pool area. It is a slightly shorter walk (not as scenic), but really comes in handy when it is raining. If it is raining or Florida mid-day summer hot, we exit/enter Moorea via the end near Tokelau. (Again not as scenic)

We always ask for Tokelau when staying standard view. Gives a chance of lake view, slightly closer to GCH. Slightly shorter walk to/from buses. Slightly longer walk to TTC.

FWIW, I often take the longer walk along the lake. It is longer, but the views are something I will never grow tired of.

Honestly, I think all 3 longhouses have their charm.

Have a wonderful trip!!!

The only issue with Tokelau (our personal preference) is if you are doing laundry (which is in Moorea) and it starts raining. There is not covered walking areas between longhouses, so you are stuck waiting it out if you "get caught in the rain" to get your laundry back.
Great point. Never thought of that one.

The only issue with Tokelau (our personal preference) is if you are doing laundry (which is in Moorea) and it starts raining. There is not covered walking areas between longhouses, so you are stuck waiting it out if you "get caught in the rain" to get your laundry back.

Yeah, that laundry haul is a thing. How I wish there was a 1 bedroom option at the Poly. ( I know... me and everybody else...) Still, we're excited to be back, are eating at 'Ohana for the first time, Kona again for the Tonga Toast and checking out Trader Sam's for the first time. This is our first time with the Epcot Monorail Loop in operation (closed for awhile after the FUN SUCKING VIRUS) so we're excited about that, too. Thanks everyone for the input. Mahalo!

Yes, all the DVC villas have been refurbished to the Murphy beds. We have yet to try out the Murphy beds, but hear that they are nice.

We've had the murphy beds at the Riviera and at Boulder Ridge and I can report that they are 100% better than the fold-out sofas. Copper Creek studios still have the sofa bed, we were there in November. I'm pretty sure there are other studios that still have them.
Thanks for the info on the Poly beds!

We’ll be in Moorea LV come Thursday for seven nights. Hopefully, we get our room request for a higher (highest/third) floor, but no guarantees, as they always tell me when I call.

I have a few boys (8, 5, and 3) if anyone else will be there and want some friendly resort compatriots for their kiddos in the Lava pool.

We bought Poly DVC (resale) and this is our first visit. Can’t wait!!

Some early thoughts (3 days and 2 nights) into a 8 day and a 7 night Poly stay. We bought DVC without ever staying. Within our first night, my wife thought Moorea LV wasn’t enough to buy DVC for two parents and three boys. My opinion is it works for now, but in the future, the studios would be tight for four tall males and one lady. But we knew it was for a time and other resorts would work in the future. Now that we’re settled, and considering the pools and the transportation options…we love it! We went swimming yesterday at the Lava Pool and I never saw our five year old. He just spent an hour and a half going down the slide on repeat and never thought to check in. Another parent offered to help him go down until he realized my son was already a pro. Love the parents here. Took the older boys to the Oasis Pool tonight. They loved it and so many people were welcoming and encouraged them to jump in around them. Just a great vibe. As a parent, I’m grateful for other kind and gracious parents. The Poly is better than I could have believed.

Some early thoughts (3 days and 2 nights) into a 8 day and a 7 night Poly stay. We bought DVC without ever staying. Within our first night, my wife thought Moorea LV wasn’t enough to buy DVC for two parents and three boys. My opinion is it works for now, but in the future, the studios would be tight for four tall males and one lady. But we knew it was for a time and other resorts would work in the future. Now that we’re settled, and considering the pools and the transportation options…we love it! We went swimming yesterday at the Lava Pool and I never saw our five year old. He just spent an hour and a half going down the slide on repeat and never thought to check in. Another parent offered to help him go down until he realized my son was already a pro. Love the parents here. Took the older boys to the Oasis Pool tonight. They loved it and so many people were welcoming and encouraged them to jump in around them. Just a great vibe. As a parent, I’m grateful for other kind and gracious parents. The Poly is better than I could have believed.
You're right Jack. We spend every July 4th week at PVBs and the environment is without peer. Dating myself, as a 12 year old my family stayed at the Polynesian the first week it was open in 1971. :oops::D It remains my favorite WDW resort to this day.

The environment at the Lava Pool is one of our favorites. It's perfect for our group of 12. The adults take turns swimming, relaxing, and monitoring our 6 littles ages 4-11. We absolutely love watching the fireworks waist deep in the pool. Plus, nothing like having a pavilion at the Oasis Pool daily to use as needed. Indeed, it's a one of kind resort for us.

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Last edited:
My opinion is it works for now, but in the future, the studios would be tight for four tall males and one lady. But we knew it was for a time and other resorts would work in the future.
Yep! It will work long enough to find out the Poly2 details and maybe even what’s coming after that! Then you can buy your 2BR points somewhere and use Poly for your parents-only visits. :cutie:

Last edited:
Last night, we went to the Oasis Pool to swim and grab dinner. The food was great and the boys loved swimming there. Additionally, we experienced first-hand how Disney and the Polynesian CMs are the absolute best when it comes to caring for their guests.

During our time at the Oasis Pool, we had a health scare (allergic reaction) with our oldest, D. Thankfully everything turned out okay and D is doing much better this morning. Disney and the Polynesian CMs showed their ability to be all-hands-on-deck instantly. No fewer than four CMs, including the Polynesian’s duty manager, came to check on D and to offer their help. Two CMs stayed with us from start to finish, and once the duty manager arrived, she didn’t leave until we headed back to our room to let D rest (the fourth CM is CPR-certified, so he stayed with D until the paramedics arrived). We are so grateful for the compassion and care from each CM we encountered. While Disney goes above-and-beyond for any and all guests experiencing health scares, guests of the Polynesian are in especially good hands. When we went back to the room to rest, D was pixie dusted with a Pluto stuffed animal, Uno, and some Benadryl.

Here’s a picture of D and his pixie dust:

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpeg
    IMG_0276.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 34
Yep! It will work long enough to find out the Poly2 details and maybe even what’s coming after that! Then you can buy your 2BR points somewhere and use Poly for your parents-only visits. :cutie:
Yes, absolutely true! This year, we are spending two nights in a 1BR at AKV-Kidani. Next year we plan to book a 2BR at BRV for part of our trip. Just want to check out other resorts in addition to enjoying the Poly.

Anyone know how quickly the studios are booked during rundisney weekends? Do we need to book immediately at the beginning of the 11 month window?

We managed to snag two nights in a studio on August 16th and 17th! Poly was one of the top non-home resorts we wanted to try and snag; didn’t realize we would already be staying there less than 3 months after we joined and as a last minute trip. 😂

Hoping to get into Trader Sam’s on Thursday or Friday when we are back for pool time midday. 🤞 our last trip was a bust because they started taking names around 12:30 that day.

We were going back and forth on whether to book a last minute trip before our daughter starts kindergarten but decided to pull the trigger when my husband got an amazing raise and Avelo had half off flights. It is going to be a short Wednesday evening to Saturday afternoon trip since Wednesday and Saturday are the only flights from our regional airport.

We started by booking 2 nights in an Old Key West studio for the 16th and 17th and decided to wait to book the 18th since only 1 bedrooms were available. Waitlisted Beach Club studio and Poly studio but also checked back often.

Our reservation edits:
1) booked 18th for AKV Jambo House Standard View Studio
2) switched the 16th and 17th to SSR Standard Studio
3) switched the 16th to PVB Standard Studio (this would have been a very annoying split stay but we would have been ok with it)
4) switched the 17th to PVB Standard Studio (half asleep when I decided to check in the middle of the night…the excitement certainly woke me up 😂)

Still checking availability randomly several times each day hoping a studio opens up at Poly or studio/1 bedroom Beach Club for the 18th (willing to splurge on a 1 bed if it’s beach club since Saturday morning will just be a pool day).

We managed to snag two nights in a studio on August 16th and 17th! Poly was one of the top non-home resorts we wanted to try and snag; didn’t realize we would already be staying there less than 3 months after we joined and as a last minute trip. 😂

Hoping to get into Trader Sam’s on Thursday or Friday when we are back for pool time midday. 🤞 our last trip was a bust because they started taking names around 12:30 that day.

We were going back and forth on whether to book a last minute trip before our daughter starts kindergarten but decided to pull the trigger when my husband got an amazing raise and Avelo had half off flights. It is going to be a short Wednesday evening to Saturday afternoon trip since Wednesday and Saturday are the only flights from our regional airport.

We started by booking 2 nights in an Old Key West studio for the 16th and 17th and decided to wait to book the 18th since only 1 bedrooms were available. Waitlisted Beach Club studio and Poly studio but also checked back often.

Our reservation edits:
1) booked 18th for AKV Jambo House Standard View Studio
2) switched the 16th and 17th to SSR Standard Studio
3) switched the 16th to PVB Standard Studio (this would have been a very annoying split stay but we would have been ok with it)
4) switched the 17th to PVB Standard Studio (half asleep when I decided to check in the middle of the night…the excitement certainly woke me up 😂)

Still checking availability randomly several times each day hoping a studio opens up at Poly or studio/1 bedroom Beach Club for the 18th (willing to splurge on a 1 bed if it’s beach club since Saturday morning will just be a pool day).

Now that we are 7 days out, call/chat MS and check with them. Sometimes, within the last week, they do see things that we can't see...they could be rooms that were sent for cash that can be pulled back for points bookings..

Now that we are 7 days out, call/chat MS and check with them. Sometimes, within the last week, they do see things that we can't see...they could be rooms that were sent for cash that can be pulled back for points bookings..
Thanks Sandi! I just called because I had to have the 2 nights at Poly combined and asked if there was anything else available that night but there wasn’t. Is there something specific I should say or is just asking what is available sufficient?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter