“Well, It’s Really Just 2 Meanies Who Show Up Every Now & Then...And Try To Kill You” August 2021 TR *COMPLETE* 7/22 x2

Agree!! It was nice too to adjust the time if needed, such as while being at dinner and needing a few more minutes etc. Great tradition with the Icee count! Haha maybe hubby and I should start a Perfect Margarita count from Citywalk 🤣 But seriously, love that! Something the kids will always remember.
Ooh, that's a great idea for an adult version of the Icee count!!! :rotfl:
Such a super trip report!
Hope all read it as it has great details
Thanks so much!

Day 6: Friday August 6th

On our last morning, we were up at 6:15 so that we could finish packing and get our stuff down to bell services in time to get to IOA for early entry. We got to security just before they opened at 7 am, so by the time we made it to the gates, it was the earliest we had arrived all week and there were so few people there compared to the other mornings!

IMG_4347 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Untitled by disneymom1024, on Flickr

When they let us in, we headed over to Velocicoaster. The TMs were again saying it wasn’t scheduled to open until 9 but may open earlier, so we took our chances and headed over there anyway. It ended up being open right away!

IMG_2698 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2702 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
This time I went first while we did the child swap, and I was on the very first train of the day! It was really exciting, and of course just as fun as the first time! DH was done with his ride, and we were walking out of the ride at 8:10 am. It was the only thing we had wanted to ride in IOA that morning, but DS had been asking for a Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure t-shirt he had seen at the merchandise kiosk in Hogsmeade so we went over to get that for him. Then we took the Hogwarts Express over to Diagon Alley to finish off our last few hours in the parks.

IMG_2709 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4348 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4350 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2710 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
DD started asking where we were going, and so all of us kind of joined in on teasing her, telling her we were going to London. The REAL London. So we pretended everything we saw was really in London, including Gringotts, saying we were visiting a REAL bank.

IMG_2712 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

She kept doing that thing that young kids do where they are pretty sure you are just pulling their leg, but they aren’t totally sure so they keep trying to tell you that what you’re saying is wrong and trying to point out all of the reasons why it’s wrong. This continued even into the line for Gringotts.

IMG_2714 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2715 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4355 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4356 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4357 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4359 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

It was here in the dark queue where I kept telling her we were just taking a tour of a very REAL bank in a very REAL city of London that she was trying to convince me that it was actually a ride and she said, “It’s a fast ride where a lot of meanies come after you!” My reply was, “A lot of meanies? Well, I don’t like the sound of that at all.” That was when she said the line that ended up becoming the title of this TR…”Well, it’s really just 2 meanies who show up every now and then…and try to kill you.” I couldn’t keep up the charade after that because I was laughing too much!

After the ride, we hit Florean Fortescue’s for some butterbeer ice cream at 9 am because…Vacation!

IMG_4362 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2718 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2719 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4363 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4364 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
DD thought it was very fun that the tip of the ice cream cone looks like a tiny version of an ice cream cone.

IMG_4365 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4366 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4368 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4371 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4372 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4376 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Since we were short on time, we split up again. DH and DS went to do the Mummy while DD and I went to see the Minions.

IMG_4380 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4381 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
We got a lemonade Icee, then walked over to do Transformers.

IMG_4384 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2720 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2728 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Day 6 Continued: Friday August 6th

After the ride, we decided to go meet Optimus Prime because he didn’t have much of a line. The photographer who was out with him had seen us earlier when we had been walking down the street and noticed DS’s Toothless hat and had called out to us, “Hey, Hiccup, I like your hat!” So when he spotted us coming to get in line to meet Optimus, he grinned at DS and said, “Hiccup!! You came back!!” That really made DS happy!

IMG_4388 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

I had really wanted to be able to take DD to the new character meet over in KidZone, but we always seemed to miss it and it wasn’t open yet today either. Instead, we did ET, got some photos in the character area, and did Woody Woodpecker twice in a row.

IMG_2730 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2732 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2735 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2737 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2740 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2741 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2742 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
The kids wanted to do the Simpsons, so they did that one but I sat out. I didn’t want my last day ruined with motion sickness.

IMG_4392 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4393 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4395 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4398 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4399 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
By that time, we were ready for lunch so we went with what we knew would be the quickest option and did another mobile order at Louie’s.

DH and DD decided to do Kang & Kodos Twirl ‘n Hurl while DS and I went for a last ride on The Mummy.

IMG_2746 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2748 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2750 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_2753 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
We met up after our rides to do Men In Black again.

After the ride we got our 3rd and final Icee.

I really wanted to get a frozen Butterbeer before we had to call it a day and leave the park, so we went back to Diagon Alley. The line at the Hopping Pot was enormous, but there was almost no one at The Fountain of Fair Fortune!

IMG_2757 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4405 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4406 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4408 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4413 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
We asked the kids what they wanted their very last ride to be, and they picked…

IMG_2758 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

…Jimmy Fallon! I don’t know what it is about this ride that they love SO much!

IMG_2759 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4418 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Then, it was time to go home! We took the water taxi back to RPR, and got a phone call just as we got on that our ride had arrived to pick us up to go back to the airport. Our driver didn’t mind waiting for us a little bit since he was early, so we got our bags from bell services and made a stop in the bathroom to freshen up before heading to the airport. The drive didn’t take long, and neither did security, so we arrived at our gate in plenty of time! We had an uneventful flight back to New Orleans, and then a 2 hour drive home to finish off our afternoon of traveling.

We had a great trip, and DD absolutely loved being able to spend her birthday in the parks! The crowds were very manageable, and of course having the Unlimited Express Pass makes it very easy to get on everything we wanted to do, whenever we wanted to do them. Of course, it was crazy hot, but it was still better than being hot at home in Louisiana! Thanks so much to everyone who followed along. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter