• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

I am now booked for 7 nights in March at the BC, I really wanted YC because I will be at BC in May but YC was not available.
Yeah, I'm still crossing fingers maybe a room or AP discount will be available for YC which will be the same as the lower BC rate.

I do like this place and will give it another try but this visit was not the best.
That's too bad. Mama Melrose is on my list, but it'll probably wait until my NYE trip when I'm spending more time at DHS.

sometimes there are stickers under there as a little prize.

That's really cool, I've never heard of that. I have checked once or twice but now I'm going to have to do it every time!

The only problem with this is our waitress was nowhere to be found for at least 15-20 minutes

Ugh! I've run into this a couple of times at MM. They seem to be short staffed at times which leaves the poor servers scrabbling to cover too many tables at once.

I do like this place and will give it another try but this visit was not the best.

I really love MM, it's a favorite of both me and my Mom but the last couple of times haven't been quite as good. It doesn't help that they took my favorite dish off of the menu which was penne pasta with marinara sauce and chicken. Last time I got the chicken parmigiana and it just wasn't the same.

Sneak peek into my upcoming WDW plans!! First of all I heard some very sad news today:sad: I have been using a TA from a certain agency, not to be named on here and he was AWESOME!! He was so easy to work with and a super nice guy! I had talked to him early in September for a quote and he told me he would let me know when the agency exclusive prices came out in late September. I waited patiently and never heard back from him. I emailed and was directed to a different TA, to later find out my TA died unexpectedly 2weeks ago! Yikes I feel so bad! The lady now assigned to me is not nearly as helpful and does not get back to me quick like J did. Okay this is sad so onto happy things!
I heard this also, and it's terrible news. I have a deep seeded dislike for that particular agency but still, I know he was a good agent and had been around for quite some time.

It was time to meet some characters! We met Pluto first, he really liked Andi! He didn’t pay much attention to me:sad2:
:laughing: I guess that tells us something about Pluto's "friend"!

Next up was the Calamari, this fell a little flat for me. It wasn’t as good as last time and only had one dipping sauce not the three like before.:confused3
Hmm you're right about the 3 sauces. Chris and Steve got the calamari last August and there were definitely 3 sauces!

BTW I love Andi's GMR shirt (RIP GMR). I got one that they put out right before it closed, but I like hers better :)

We saw people wearing these Slinky dog accessories everywhere
The Slinky headbands were everywhere! My DD was obsessed with them and had to get one a few days into our trip. She loved it though, so it was worth it.

We always check for the key under the mat, and sometimes there are stickers under there as a little prize.
Oh darn, I knew about the key under the mat and completely forgot to check for it! I didn't know you sometimes find stickers though.

I have only been to Mama Melrose once, but I found it good. I would say try again.

Great trip report!! I had no idea Disney After Hours existed. My daughter has the month of January off of college as well so we're going the end of the month!! Do you think its worth $500 for DAH? We'll have a 1 year old with us as well.

Soooo many cute photopass pictures! I love those Mickey and Minnie magic shots. Pluto must be a one-girl dog :p

Chewbacca was next on our character parade. We waited about 15-20 minutes for him. It was fun to visit with him. I threw a few lines in from the Solo movie and I think he liked that.

The picture with Chewie turned out so cute! You ladies look absolutely tiny compared to him!

It was so wonderful to get in the AC and I love this out dated and corny show!

Me too! Where is the mat to look under? Too bad Mama Melrose was disorganized that day but the pasta does look tasty!

I love the corny Muppets show, too!!!!! The Muppet Christmas Carol is my favorite version of the tale, and I wish there were more Muppets at Disney. I know they have Rizzo's, but I wish there was a really good muppet-themed restaurant that brought out the spirit of Jim Henson.

My husband and I enjoy Mama Melrose, though we know it can be hit or miss. Your food choices look good, though.
Yay to Muppets, I don’t think we have ever been at DHS and not done the Muppets attraction! So fun. I heard pizzaRizzo’s is closing:confused3and going to be rethemed to something else. We will have to wait and see.
Our food was good at MM, service was not the best. I would go again! The pasta was so yummy.

Muppets is one of my favorites too! With my new job - apparently dressing up for Halloween is a theme and the theme this year is Jim Henson - so I'm going as Janice.

When you are hangry, I don't think anything helps especially when there are delays. Glad you got bread quickly even if your appetizer was just eh.
The Muppets never get old, how fun to dress as Janice for the work party!
I agree, I waited to long to eat and the wait was like forever! The food was good just not great!

That is exciting! I hope your AP takes you through May 6th!

Jeez, that's terrible. Maybe it was a little off because it was lunch? I feel like they save their better servers for the busier times.
My AP expires on May 3rd, bummer for the May trip. I will probably renew. I have to do some fuzzy Disney math to figure out what is the best deal:rotfl:
I was famished by that time, my fault. I should have had a snack to tie me over. Andi never eats much in the morning so I tend to forget and get way hungry!

12 pages later I'm here! I always enjoy your trips with Andi! Glad you were moved to better accommodations! Can't wait for the rest of the trip!
:welcome: Yay glad to have you back joining in! GF was a nice switch, I really did want to stay at WL, maybe one day. More coming soon!

Well now I am totally on team January!! :goodvibes

Wow, sorry the service at MM stunk! I'm sure at that point anything would have tasted good! But I am glad you enjoyed the food for the most part.

You definitely earned that nap!
I got my vacation approved today for January so I am really considering this time frame. Flights are so much cheaper than March! Hopefully we can have a meet if it works out!
MM was good just not great and I was so hungry!

Hi! I’m new here!
Glad you were able to get better accomidations after a crappy start. We are planning a mid-August 2019 trip too.
:welcome:Yay! Happy to have you joining in! Our start to the trip was a bummer, especially when we were so tired! The GF was a really nice change. :PinkbouncHow exciting having an August trip planned. Ours is from 8/17 to 8/26/19. I am thinking the Poly for our resort!

Yeah, I'm still crossing fingers maybe a room or AP discount will be available for YC which will be the same as the lower BC rate.
I hope so, I haven’t found very good AP discounts lately! I’m excited for the May trip, it will be so fun!

That's too bad. Mama Melrose is on my list, but it'll probably wait until my NYE trip when I'm spending more time at DHS
The food is good and a cute place, give it a try!

That's really cool, I've never heard of that. I have checked once or twice but now I'm going to have to do it every time!
Yes, so cool Andi has found stickers a few times!

Ugh! I've run into this a couple of times at MM. They seem to be short staffed at times which leaves the poor servers scrabbling to cover too many tables at once.
Our waitress was really nice but she was so bad, very scattered and had an excuse every time!
I really love MM, it's a favorite of both me and my Mom but the last couple of times haven't been quite as good. It doesn't help that they took my favorite dish off of the menu which was penne pasta with marinara sauce and chicken. Last time I got the chicken parmigiana and it just wasn't the same.
I hate when Disney changes the menu! Our pasta dish was very good, calamari not as good as I remembered.

I heard this also, and it's terrible news. I have a deep seeded dislike for that particular agency but still, I know he was a good agent and had been around for quite some time.
Ohh Ariane, you must tell me why the hatred, would love to know:idea:

I guess that tells us something about Pluto's "friend"!
For sure, he really didn’t notice me at all, :rotfl:

Hmm you're right about the 3 sauces. Chris and Steve got the calamari last August and there were definitely 3 sauces!

BTW I love Andi's GMR shirt (RIP GMR). I got one that they put out right before it closed, but I like hers better
Our calamari last time was so much better, this was overdone and the one sauce wasn’t my favorite
I think Andi got her GMR shirt on Redbubble. Andi loved that attraction so much, she dreamed of being a cm on it someday!

The Slinky headbands were everywhere! My DD was obsessed with them and had to get one a few days into our trip. She loved it though, so it was worth it.
We saw so many as well, when I put the picture on here I couldn’t for the life of me remember if these were headbands or went around the shoulders so I wrote accessories haha!

Oh darn, I knew about the key under the mat and completely forgot to check for it! I didn't know you sometimes find stickers though.
Yes the key is so fun to check for, I learned that on here. Andi has found stickers a few times.

I have only been to Mama Melrose once, but I found it good. I would say try again.
I agree it was just off a little for us this day!

Great trip report!! I had no idea Disney After Hours existed. My daughter has the month of January off of college as well so we're going the end of the month!! Do you think its worth $500 for DAH? We'll have a 1 year old with us as well.
:thanks:and :welcome:for joining in. We might be there in January at the same time:PinkbouncThe DAH is so fun, we have been able to get the AP discount for this so our price was much less than $500. If it is in your budget I would do it. The rides, treats, and pretty empty park are such a treat!

Soooo many cute photopass pictures! I love those Mickey and Minnie magic shots. Pluto must be a one-girl dog :p
Ahh Thank you! I was so happy to get the magic shots! You got that right about Pluto:rotfl:

The picture with Chewie turned out so cute! You ladies look absolutely tiny compared to him!
I love Chewie, such a fun meet and he is giant compared to us!

Me too! Where is the mat to look under? Too bad Mama Melrose was disorganized that day but the pasta does look tasty!
When you walk into the Muppets from outside, turn right and the mat is right there! The key is always under there and sometimes stickers. Our pasta was so yummy. Andi and I have tried calamari at quite a few WDW restaurants and this was not the best!

How sad about your TA!

Your upcoming trip plans must be exciting! I am jealous you get to go back so soon and so often! I am excited for my Japan trip but it is hard to accept it means no WDW for a few years. :sad1:

I can feel your pain waiting for your slow waitress after such an early morning and just wanting to get food in your belly! :laughing:

My AP expires on May 3rd, bummer for the May trip. I will probably renew. I have to do some fuzzy Disney math to figure out what is the best deal:rotfl:

My AP expires November 1st, and at first I was not planning on renewing and thought I'd just get a 3-day ticket for our April trip. But now with the May trip, I think I may be better off renewing the darn thing even though I will literally only need it for 3 days in April and 4 days in May. I really haven't decided yet what to do :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter