“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are playing around with dates to try and get a dvc rental.

It's the way to go. We did that last year saved $800 thru Daves. I also recommend getting trip insurance ours was $117. Included 100% resort, tickets and cancellation for work, medical & weather. I'll look later tonight and PM you, for that price it was a no brainer.

EDIT: Cost of Trip Insurance

Last edited:
It's the way to go. We did that last year saved $800 thru Daves. I also recommend getting trip insurance ours was $117. Included 100% resort, tickets and cancellation for work, medical & weather. I'll look later tonight and PM you, for that price it was a no brainer.
Thank you so much that would be great

Last edited:
This will be my first party ever so I have a lot to learn. It will be myself and niece-in-law and nephew and we are going Sept 25th - will be getting tickets next month

Priorities: Pooh and gang, Fireworks, 2nd parade, Last hocus show, special desserts, shopping, magic shots
Secondary: 7 dwarves (will see them at Xmas), Donald, Goofy, Minnie, Mickey, Queen of hearts, a few rides maybe

I really have no clue how to schedule this. Thanks for your help!

This will be my first party ever so I have a lot to learn. It will be myself and niece-in-law and nephew and we are going Sept 25th - will be getting tickets next month

Priorities: Pooh and gang, Fireworks, 2nd parade, Last hocus show, special desserts, shopping, magic shots
Secondary: 7 dwarves (will see them at Xmas), Donald, Goofy, Minnie, Mickey, Queen of hearts, a few rides maybe

Hi and :welcome: to the party!!! Since you haven't purchased tickets maybe you should read this first:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-4#post-59008947"]Post #78[/URL]

Please post me a note after you read the information and confirm your party date.

I’d recommend lining up for the Hundred Acre Woods gang by 6:30. This will get you into their first set of the night and you’ll be done around 7:30. I’d then seek out desserts and magic shots, securing a spot by 9:30 for the fireworks (I prefer the garden in front of Casey’s and it’s usually relatively uncrowded as a lot of people think it’s reserved). Depending on where you want to watch the parade, you may be able to sneak in a visit with Goofy, Donald, Minnie and/or Daisy next. Shop after the last HP show while you wait for the crowds to disperse.

I’d recommend lining up for the Hundred Acre Woods gang by 6:30. This will get you into their first set of the night and you’ll be done around 7:30. I’d then seek out desserts and magic shots, securing a spot by 9:30 for the fireworks (I prefer the garden in front of Casey’s and it’s usually relatively uncrowded as a lot of people think it’s reserved). Depending on where you want to watch the parade, you may be able to sneak in a visit with Goofy, Donald, Minnie and/or Daisy next. Shop after the last HP show while you wait for the crowds to disperse.
Thanks - Was thinking after Pooh I should grab the Queen of hearts picture too. Would that work?

Thanks - Was thinking after Pooh I should grab the Queen of hearts picture too. Would that work?
You can try, but her line may be quite long at that point. These are both characters I would recommend lining up by 6:30 for. But of the 2, Pooh and gang will have a longer line all night long and take frequent breaks.

My question is when you're already in the parks and you go to the bypass can you pick up your treat bags and get Photopass pictures taken at 3:30? I know the CM's will not disperse party wristbands until it's time but what about everything else? Last year they offered photo props too. Anyone with this experience please feel free to chime in! Thanks!

My question is when you're already in the parks and you go to the bypass can you pick up your treat bags and get Photopass pictures taken at 3:30? I know the CM's will not disperse party wristbands until it's time but what about everything else? Last year they offered photo props too. Anyone with this experience please feel free to chime in! Thanks!
IIRC, the bypass doesn’t open until they start letting party goers in the main entrance.

Ok, @FoxC63 , the itinerary you gave me makes a lot more look possible than I thought. BUT, I am considering 2 parties just to fit it all in. Only thing is, we are only going to be at Disney for a short time and would like to make use of one of those nights at possibly food and wine(we have another night set aside for here, too, plus time at AK to see pandora that we haven’t seen and time at HS to see the new toy story land- just wonder if I have ENOUGH time set aside for all). That being said, looking over my possible itinerary, will we feel rushed and be better off with another night and splitting Moana and capt jack into separate nights to maybe meet more characters, etc? Does capt jack usually have a super long wait?

Ok, @FoxC63 , the itinerary you gave me makes a lot more look possible than I thought. BUT, I am considering 2 parties just to fit it all in. Only thing is, we are only going to be at Disney for a short time and would like to make use of one of those nights at possibly food and wine(we have another night set aside for here, too, plus time at AK to see pandora that we haven’t seen and time at HS to see the new toy story land- just wonder if I have ENOUGH time set aside for all). That being said, looking over my possible itinerary, will we feel rushed and be better off with another night and splitting Moana and capt jack into separate nights to maybe meet more characters, etc? Does capt jack usually have a super long wait?

When I read this ^ I automatically went to the MAIN page and clicked on your itinerary... which has not been updated. I did take into consideration your mother in allowing more wiggle room from point A to point B also the recommendations I gave you were based on the information you provided.

Changing your itinerary / priorities are up to you. My family and many other DISers do attend two parties annually only because there is so much to enjoy. You can dedicate one party arriving to MK no later than 3:30 then attend a second party arriving later to focus on things you missed. I recommend scheduling your top priorities on the FIRST party. If weather becomes an issue you'll have the second one to get them done.

The lines for Jack Sparrow has increased over the years maybe due to the latest movie. You should get in his line no later than 6:30. He does leave to attend the parade. At this time frame you should see him during his first set.

What is the bypass, for those of us who have never been?
There’s a pathway next to Town Square that dumps out in Tomorrowland. They open it from 4-7 to help funnel party goers into the park while day guests are exiting down Main Street. Just helps with traffic flow. They’ll give you your first “treat” there and there are photo ops set up. But you don’t have to use it.

So it's closed off at both exit and entrance, is that correct? If you're inside the park how long are the lines?
I believe so. I’ve never been in the park on a party day so can’t answer your second question. We always arrive at 4.

Has anyone gone and just enjoyed the rides, fireworks, parade and trick or treating? My DD is kinda past the character stage so it's not a big draw for us to wait and see them in Halloween costumes. Is it reasonable to think that ride lines will be manageable during the party? We're basically using it as a cheaper way to enjoy time in the MK with trick or treating thrown in as a bonus.
We do! None of my kids (nor my DH) were born with the patience to wait in line for characters, they like to smile and wave when we walk by and are satisfied with that. I love the parade, trick or treating, rides with shorter waits, and costumes everywhere.

I have to work on an itinerary at some point, but not sure yet if we are on or off site which actually makes a difference. If we are off site I would prefer we stick together, if we are on site I am less concerned about breaking up into groups because we can take the bus back to our resort at different times if some people want to stay until the end and some want to leave a little earlier.

I'm loving this!!! Thank you so much, can you please post a picture? I would so appreciate it! I know they sometimes meet together towards the end of the night though I'm not sure when that starts. I did include that bit of info in my 2017 Character List pdf which was updated Sept. 1, 2017. Thanks again!

EDIT: Just a few more questions, when was your party, what time did you meet them and when were you done with the meet. Anything would be helpful!

We attended the party on Tuesday August 29th. I'm not sure of the time but I think it was early because the photo looks like it was taken when it was still light out. I don't recall how long the wait was but I don't think it was too bad. There was no photopass photographer and my daughter took the picture with her cellphone. I have the photo and will try to post it (I am not too computer savvy so it may take some time). My grandson chickened out at the last minute so only my granddaughter is in the photo with Terk, Tarzan and Jane (she was so sweet and tried so hard to get my grandson to join them for the photo).

LOL...The previous year we tried to get both kids to meet Tarzan at AK, neither one would so my daughter took a picture with him instead and he signed autograph cards.

Last edited:
We are planning on doing the parties on the 23 and 25 of October! Just booked our hotels tonight. I will come back later to try and get some kind of must-do's posted.

Hi this is our first chance ever for a party, we're thrilled they’ve started them earlier as sept/Oct are worst times for us to get away .. We’re a party of 10 but not all going .. So we have our tickets for August 17th party and are beyond excited .. it’ll be Me, DD19, her boyfriend 19, then we’re taking 2 of my cousins children :cutie: 14 and pirate: 9

We want to do as much as we can, definitely parade, hocus pocus and fireworks. Rare characters would be a bonus also the magic shots as we love those and coming from the UK we want to get as many goodies trick or treating as is humanly possible hahahahaha
I have no idea where to start at all so will be glued here for the next few months .. any help would be appreciated, thanks so much ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter