“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!! Thank you for organizing this wonderful thread. We just bought the MNSSHP for October 30th:yay:~~ NO Rain please:confused: No real itinerary as we just like to go with the flow and enjoy the ambiance. Liz:love:

I hear ya! No rain please!!! And hey, that's my birthday Oct. 30th!!! :cake:

OOOh will you be at the Party??

Have a very Happy magical Birthday:cake::flower3:!! I'm the 18th and my DD's is the 29th:cake:

YES!!! With a very special friend! Same to you and your DD Happy Birthday!!! Its like WDW is throwing us our own special party and to think we won't have to clean up afterwards!!! Woohoo!!! :rotfl:

Saturday Sept. 24 and Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017 both sold out on the day of the party.
Well pooh. c'est la vie, I'll make do. My schedule is nothing if not flexible.

Haunted Mansion desserts they had last year sold out by 6:30 at some locations.
I'll keep an eye this once this years party's get fired up. If it seems necessary, I'll beeline for a specific spot.

Is there a reason you'll be arriving at MK at 5pm instead of the recommended 3:30-3:45?
I'm in town for a tech conference (Go Ignite!), I might make it to MK by 4pm, but it's better to plan for the worst.

Well pooh. c'est la vie, I'll make do. My schedule is nothing if not flexible.
I'll keep an eye this once this years party's get fired up. If it seems necessary, I'll beeline for a specific spot.
I'm in town for a tech conference (Go Ignite!), I might make it to MK by 4pm, but it's better to plan for the worst.

You have plenty of time to make decisions but please stay on top of this thread. New info will be posted when they're released. I'll also be watching twitter & FB to see how the party progresses and how it will impact your party. :thumbsup2

I've got your 6!

@FoxC63 , my mom could probably still run circles around me! Lol. But I’m all reality, we are waiting to get HER ticket to the party closer to time if not sold out(going to decide a date and get the rest of ours when they go on sale online) and see how she feels. We have also told her that we can and will take as many breaks as she needs the full trip. She will be my part of the tag teams that hangs in line with me or sits close by But she is in really good health and shape right now. I can only hope I get around like she does at that age! I’m sorry to hear about your mom. And thank you for the concern for mine ♥️

@Bex258 , @HopperFan , @Cluelyss @OhioStateBuckeye I have ZERO experience when and where for Hocus Pocus, IF Disney keeps the same schedule as last year:

Hours: Aug & Sept 8:15 p.m., 10:45 p.m. and 12 a.am.
Oct & Nov 7:40 p.m., 8:35 p.m., 10:45 p.m., 12:00 a.m.
Duration: 20 minutes

How much time should someone allow for each showing and where are the best views especially for parents with kids or for those of us who are 5'2"? Please include your thoughts on non sold out as well as sold out parties.

Thanks for your help and guidance!

Ok so I watched the 2nd parade and then tried to get to the last show of Hocus Pocus, I was sat on Main Street looking straight down. I did this solo and it was tricky getting from there to the stage area and my view wasn't the greatest but I am also around 5'2" so I could of had better but there were a lot of talk people up front so I don't think I would have gotten much better, I was able to see parts of the show but photos were a bit poor.

My parade location:

26208627357_199800b2e1_n.jpg

The crowd leaving after the 2nd parade:

26208613497_ccb66d008c_n.jpg

The view of Hocus Pocus from my spot, I could see them, the camera didn't do well with the stage lights in the photos as I didn't want to use flash.

40370655404_2614b2e3f5.jpg

40186299005_7de560bd11.jpg

September 25th - Tuesday
Solo Trip, Working from the assumption it won't be a sold out night.
Priorities: Hocus Pocus show, Fireworks, Special Desserts.

5:00
-5:30 MK Party Entrance
5:30-9:00 Wander around, get desserts (special ones if I can, normal ones if not), Drop in at the Mansion, Thunder Mountain, Pirates.
9:00 - 10:30 Fireworks from the HUB
10:30 - 11:00 - Hocus Pocus
11:00 - Close: Hit up some attractions: Buzz, Seven Dwarfs, PeopleMover, Astro Orbiter (some/all whatever time&crowds allow)

As @FoxC63 mentioned the two parties either side of that date were sold out last year, but I did both of them and solo and my plan was much more complicated. I did find Haunted Mansion very busy when I passed it, can't recall BTM or Pirates though so they may not have been so bad. Dessert queues can be a bit long I can't recall how long it took me but it wouldn't hurt to assume 10-20minutes if it sells out.

Sept 16th
Me and DH
Must dos: Hallowishes, Boo to You, SotMK card, Tarzan/Jane, Haunted Mansion :)

Sunday, Sept 16th / Me and DH
3:30-4:10 Main Street bypass
4:10-4:20 SotMK card
4:20-5:15 Skipper Canteen ADR @ 4:30
5:15-6:30 :) Just wandering/enjoying the atmosphere--watch Jack Sparrow interact if he comes out early? Get the Headless Horseman straw ornament at Caseys.
6:30-7:15 Tarzan, Jane & Terk - They sign autographs so allow for more time.
7:20-8:30 Haunted Mansion & Cemetary Watchman photo prop - This is located by the exit, we didn't experience a long wait for it either.
8:30-9:00 Pirates of the Caribbean (if the line isn't too long)
9:00-10:30 Parade in reserved parade viewing, then Terrace for Hallowishes and the Dessert Party
10:30-11:00 I'll ride Space Mountain while DH trick or treats/watches Belle and Gaston do their Meets..or DH may go get the Spicy Nachos treat :)
11:00-11:15 Teacups!
11:15-11:45 Trick of Treat - Going towards Main Street (Across from the Speedway, Carousel of Progress, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor)
11:45-12am Dancing Ghosts Magic Shot on Main Street; Headless Horseman Magic Shot - In front of MK entrance.

Thanks for the itinerary @FoxC63 ! Looks great to me :)

Last edited:
So all of this is assuming/hoping that there is no issue with rain/weather! :) I have no idea if this is too ambitious or not, but this is a first draft of an itinerary. :)

Sept 16th
Me and DH
Must dos: Hallowishes, Boo to You, SotMK card, Tarzan/Jane, Haunted Mansion :)
3:30-head over to main street bypass and hang out to get our wristband, etc (we'll already be in the park)
4:00-SotMK card
4:30-Skipper Canteen ADR
5:30-special desserts? depends on what/where they are. the HM ones last year looked amazing, but I don't wanna run all over MK for them. :) Also just wandering/enjoying the atmosphere
6:30/7:00pm-Tarzan and Jane
8:00-Haunted Mansion! (but really head over whenever done with Tarzan and Jane)
9:30-head over to the hub to try and get a spot for Hallowishes
10:15-Hallowishes!
10:45-Dancing Ghosts Magic shot? then over to Frontierland to watch the Parade
11:15-Parade (not sure if we should watch from Frontierland or Main Street, though I'm leaning towards Frontierland
11:45-last ditch trick or treating; try and get the Cemetary Watchman magic shot by HM if we didn't get it earlier?
12:00am-Headless Horseman magic shot at main entrance? does it go that late?
DH and I will be at the 9/16 party too :)

So all of this is assuming/hoping that there is no issue with rain/weather! :) I have no idea if this is too ambitious or not, but this is a first draft of an itinerary. :)

Wow look at you go!!! Before we start plotting I have a few questions:

• You do know there are three Wristband Locations inside Magic Kingdom? Post #3
  • Instead of making a special trip all the way to the bypass you can pick them up closer to Skipper Canteen.
  • To view HalloWishes at the hub it is recommended to arrive 60 minutes prior.
  • Dancing Ghost Magic Shot was on Main Street
  • Cemetary Watchman photo is not a Magic Shot - Just making sure we use the same language to prevent confusion.
upload_2018-3-28_19-21-16.png
  • It was reported last year that you could get the Headless Horseman Magic Shot between 12-12:30, if it's important for you to get this do it at 12.
I Have added your itinerary to the MAIN page. Please get back with me at your convenience and we'll start plotting your evening but from what I'm seeing your going back & forth a little bit and that's going to cost you. :flower3:

Again to all - PLEASE do NOT re-post your itineraries.

Last edited:
UPDATED:

Tarzan, Jane & Terk

upload_2018-9-10_13-10-32.png

In Adventureland, under the awning to the right of Sunshine Seasons, just over the bridge. They meet together and sign autographs. Start Time: 7pm. Photopass is available.

upload_2018-4-21_23-4-42.png

Rain Location: Under the Skipper Canteen rotunda. Right across from their normal meet. Post #8662

Last edited:
Wow look at you go!!! Before we start plotting I have a few questions:

• You do know there are three Wristband Locations inside Magic Kingdom? Post #3 Yep, but I want to get the SotMK card first thing, so I thought since we'd already be in the park, it wouldn't be a big deal to head to the front and do it there? And the pics of the bypass and all last year seemed cool
  • Instead of making a special trip all the way to the bypass you can pick them up closer to Skipper Canteen.
  • I believe last year Tarzan, Jane & Terk met separately. In 2016 they met together. Aw, bummer. I really only care about Tarzan and Jane, but it'd be neat if they were together.
  • To view HalloWishes at the hub it is recommended to arrive 60 minutes prior. Good to know! Plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere. :)
  • Dancing Ghost Magic Shot was on Main Street
  • Cemetary Watchman photo is not a Magic Shot - Just making sure we use the same language to prevent confusion. Right--what is this one called? just a picture with a prop?
  • It was reported last year that you could get the Headless Horseman Magic Shot between 12-12:30, if it's important for you to get this do it at 12. Oh fantastic! We'll do it then, if they do it again that late this year. :)
I Have added your itinerary to the MAIN page. Please get back with me at your convenience and we'll start plotting your evening but from what I'm seeing your going back & forth a little bit and that's going to cost you. :flower3:

Again to all - PLEASE do NOT re-post your itineraries.

Added my answers above in blue. I can't say :thanks: enough for all your help! :)

Can someone chime in with their 2017 experience with Tarzan, Jane & Terk? I have not met them but have seen photos with only one character at a time. I'm not sure who met first and for how long before another character appeared.

Thank you. :-)

I think Tarzan was first then it was Jane with Terk. :confused:

We had all 3 of them when we went last August 2017.

@Bex258 , @HopperFan , @Cluelyss @OhioStateBuckeye I have ZERO experience when and where for Hocus Pocus, IF Disney keeps the same schedule as last year:

Hours: Aug & Sept 8:15 p.m., 10:45 p.m. and 12 a.am.
Oct & Nov 7:40 p.m., 8:35 p.m., 10:45 p.m., 12:00 a.m.
Duration: 20 minutes

How much time should someone allow for each showing and where are the best views especially for parents with kids or for those of us who are 5'2"? Please include your thoughts on non sold out as well as sold out parties.

Thanks for your help and guidance!
When we saw it in 2016 (non sold out night) I’d planned for the last show but we walked by the hub (just outside of Casey’s) when the 8:35 Show was just starting, so we stopped to watch. Our view would have been much better if we’d been more centered (and closer) but with 2 kids I prefer being on the fringe of the insanity. Lol. The closer you are to the stage, the better your view and the more people around you. Last year we waited till the last show (sold out night) and were able to get much closer - right beside the partners statue - and with far less people around.

We had all 3 of them when we went last August 2017.

I'm loving this!!! Thank you so much, can you please post a picture? I would so appreciate it! I know they sometimes meet together towards the end of the night though I'm not sure when that starts. I did include that bit of info in my 2017 Character List pdf which was updated Sept. 1, 2017. Thanks again!

EDIT: Just a few more questions, when was your party, what time did you meet them and when were you done with the meet. Anything would be helpful!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter