• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
October 9, tuesday DH, DW

Hi and :welcome: to the party! You did a great job on your itinerary!

We will probably do MK this day.....we've done it in the past and I enjoy the lower crowds on party days. Planning on a late lunch ADR at either BOG or Skipper's Canteen.

4pm get party bands at area closest to Jack and Sally
4:00-4:30 ride something
4:30-5:30 Jack and Sally 1 hour - As you know lines start early see this post: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2017-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-boo-to-you.3580223/page-393#post-58208984"]Post #7859[/URL]
5:30 snacks - I would use Tag Team
5:45-7:15 Queen of Hearts/Tweedles (do they ever come out early)? Is 5:45 too early to get in line if we want to do this one? - I think you're lining up too early for this meet, I recommend 6:20-6:30
7:20-8:30 Photo opps either Pirate Goofy, Ariel/ERic, or Village Belle w/Gaston--unsure here, probably Goofy? Not sure of his exact location - Pirate Goofy is at the Barnstormer

Grave diggers photo opp......where is this and is there usually a line? Or is this just the Magic Shot? It's over by HM, yes? No, last year they were located in Adventureland.

8:30 line up for Boo to You Parade 9:15 event - Missing location
9:30 position selves for fireworks and maybe get a treat? -
10:15 HalloWishes by Casey's maybe? Undecided on best location
After HalloWishes, position selves for Hocus Pocus
Headless Horseman magic shot
exit park

We'll also do the Return to Sleepy Hollow (this is new to us). Can anyone help with the difference between the General admission at $22 and the Premier admission at $38 besides the seating at the movie? Not interested in the Dessert portion of this event. Thanks to all for any help you might be able to offer! - I did a review of it here: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989882"]Post #12[/URL]

I've posted your Itinerary to the MAIN page. Think about some of the recommendations and make changes and I'll go back and see what we can add to your plans. Again, nice job!:thumbsup2

Ok so I went back over my photos and found some queue pictures to give everyone an idea what the queues look like and where you need to be heading.

These were for two sold out parties so kind of the worst case scenario.

JACK AND SALLY QUEUE
Yikes.....so this is not where they met in 2015. They met in the tent area (I think) by Storybook Circus? Is this where the Dwarfs meet now? Where exactly is J&S meet and greet? Is there a post somewhere that lists the locations of the M&Gs for the Halloween party? In any case I will revise my time to get in line for J&S to 4pm. Is it possible to tag team getting the party bands? I'm thinking NOT.....but if dh stayed in line for J&S I could take his magic band to get both of our MNSSHP bands?

Wow this thread is great! Now off to make an itinerary.. our party date is 9/18

October 23
DH, DW

FP: Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion - These are going to play a major role in your itinerary and from my understanding you're only going to use Party Tickets so we'll see what happens with FP's this year. Big Thunder Mountain is a Walk-on 8pm-ish, so I would do this later in the evening and focus on the other two FP's which you might have to do separately. Also the list of opened attractions might not include Splash Mountain. Let's just play with your itinerary until we know more.

Brunch at 1900 PF (11:30 or latest possible) - I recommend a lite breakfast and a later lunch
3:15-4:00 MK party entrance - Change to: 3:30-4:10 MK party entrance There is a lot going on in the bypass that you don't want to miss.

4:15-5:10 Jack & Sally
(Gazebo in Liberty Square)
Tag Team: FP - For one Person Haunted Mansion schedule it for 4-5pm
5:10-5:35 FP - For both of you ??? schedule it for 5-6pm I recommend Pirates
5:35-6:30 Magic Shots - focus on Magic Shots from this ride ^ towards Jack Sparrows location.

Tag Team: DH grabs snacks from Sleepy Hallow and YOU get in line for Jack Sparrow.

6:30-7:10 Jack Sparrow in Adventureland
Snack Time & Restrooms

7:10-7:30 Tarzan, Jane, and Terk
7:30-8:00 Jasmine with Genie
8:00-8:30 Jafar - See: Post #1186
8:30-9:35 Boo to You parade in Frontierland (9:15 pm)
Tag Team: Try Halloween treats
9:35-10:30 Watch Fireworks in the hub (10:15 pm)
10:30-11:10 Watch Hocus Pocus (10:45 pm)

Meet characters, do some rides, shopping

I've added your post to the MAIN page.

Last edited:

FP: Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion - These are going to play a major role in your itinerary and from my understanding you're only going to use Party Tickets so we'll see what happens with FP's this year. Big thunder Mountain is a Walk-on 8pm-ish, so I would do this later in the evening and focus on the other two FP's which you might have to do separately. Also the list of opened attractions might not include Splash Mountain. Let's just play with your itinerary until we know more.

Brunch at 1900 PF (11:30 or latest possible) - I recommend a lite breakfast and a later lunch
3:15-4:00 MK party entrance - Change to: 3:30-4:10 MK party entrance There is a lot going on in the bypass that you don't want to miss.

4:15-5:10 Jack & Sally
(Gazebo in Liberty Square)
5:10-5:35 FP - For both of you ??? schedule it for 5-6pm I recommend Pirates
5:35-6:30 Magic Shots - focus on Magic Shots from this ride ^ towards Jack Sparrows location.

Tag Team: DH grabs snacks from Sleepy Hallow and YOU get in line for Jack Sparrow.

6:30-7:10 Jack Sparrow in Adventureland
Snack Time & Restrooms

7:10-7:30 Tarzan, Jane, and Terk
7:30-8:00 Jasmine with Genie
8:00-8:30 JafarPost #1186
8:30-9:35 Boo to You parade in Frontierland (9:15 pm)
Tag Team: Try Halloween treats
9:35-10:30 Watch Fireworks in the hub (10:15 pm)

Meet characters, do some rides, shopping

I've added your post to the MAIN page.
Thank you so much! When I have time I will update my original post. I honestly just threw the FPs in there. We would rather wait in line together than ride something alone so we may just get the fps as back ups if we mysteriously have extra time lol.

Yikes.....so this is not where they met in 2015. They met in the tent area (I think) by Storybook Circus? Is this where the Dwarfs meet now? Where exactly is J&S meet and greet? Is there a post somewhere that lists the locations of the M&Gs for the Halloween party? In any case I will revise my time to get in line for J&S to 4pm. Is it possible to tag team getting the party bands? I'm thinking NOT.....but if dh stayed in line for J&S I could take his magic band to get both of our MNSSHP bands?
J&S now meet in the gazebo in Liberty Square (where Tiana used to meet). The dwarfs are under the tent in Storybook Circus now.

Each person must pick up their own party band as the CM secures it on you. You *may* be able to get in line without your party band and take turns picking them up as long as a CM is not manning the queue yet. Once the CM arrives, everyone without a band will be asked to leave the line.

Jack & Sally

upload_2018-4-3_16-0-50.png
Located to the left as you enter Liberty Square from The Hub
You cannot get into any lines without your wristbands. No Tag Team allowed.

Last edited:

@ksromack what you remember from the last party you attended - let it go. Things are constantly evolving. YES, if you looked on the MAIN page it lists "Post #6: Character List - Location, Times Guide & Printable pdf"

I will be updating my Character List & Locations pdf soon. :-)

Thank you so much! When I have time I will update my original post. I honestly just threw the FPs in there. We would rather wait in line together than ride something alone so we may just get the fps as back ups if we mysteriously have extra time lol.

To be honest you don't have extra time and someone else I'm sure could use those FP's, just saying :flower3:

Also on your first party you might want to check Moana's line after:

It would be nice to get her done since this is your focused area.
Pick up your SotMK card at Guest Services if the Fire House is closed on your way out by 12pm.

Are jack and sally an option to meet last minute near midnight?

We attended Sold out party in September 2016. We waited for J&S at the end of the night. The line was quite long. I don't remember the exact time we got in line or when they stopped letting people in it. When we were done it was quite late (way after midnight - the park was empty). Next time I will pay more attention to detail (times)!

Are jack and sally an option to meet last minute near midnight?

It's been posted "some" have slipped into the queue before the CM's closed the line but it was not posted what time they did this nor did anyone post their party date which is very important to know, as some parties are busier than others.

Also, here's a post from a newbie so take this with a grain of salt.
Post #1561

What you need to remember is last year the weather played a major role in attendance. Rain occurred on the following parties: Aug. 25, Sept 1 & 7, Sept 10th - Hurricane Irma. After Hurricane Irma locals were too busy taking care of business. Low attendance was reported on Sep 12, 13, 15, 17. Yes, I kept a record. October parties saw rain, party goers tried to switch parties only to find them sold out on the day of or that party too was full of rain.

:beach: This is what I need!

EDIT: Log! :rotfl: waaay to much coffee indeed!

Last edited:
Ok so I went back over my photos...
I finished with the Dwarves at 7:40pm. It was so slow moving because for 2017 they decided to have every Dwarf greet you individually which is a nice touch but that really seemed to slow this queue down.

I did not know this!!! Disney must read these threads because I have always stated how boring they were. :laughing:
Yes, @Cluelyss reported they had a fun meet with them? but majority have not!

OTHER INFO Lotso's meet area

27334013708_c649a5f7e5.jpg

Thank you so much for the photos!!! I can't wait to meet Lotso!!!

We attended Sold out party in September 2016. We waited for J&S at the end of the night. The line was quite long. I don't remember the exact time we got in line or when they stopped letting people in it. When we were done it was quite late (way after midnight - the park was empty). Next time I will pay more attention to detail (times)!
I think we will stick with going to them first thing.

Been to several MVMCPs but never the MNSSHP - hoping (waiting on bonus from work) for a F&W September trip and would really like to finally attend the party, likely won't have details or confirmation of trip for another month. Add to this newbie to the party piece, I am hoping to rent DVC points something I have never done before. Take a Disney "vet" and add one or two new things and queue the anxiety and confusion :) all these plans are helping so much!

Been to several MVMCPs but never the MNSSHP - hoping (waiting on bonus from work) for a F&W September trip and would really like to finally attend the party, likely won't have details or confirmation of trip for another month. Add to this newbie to the party piece, I am hoping to rent DVC points something I have never done before. Take a Disney "vet" and add one or two new things and queue the anxiety and confusion :) all these plans are helping so much!
You’re planning to rent points in September? I looked for October and there’s basically nothing left. We gave up and are going to rent in February instead.

Hi and :welcome: to the party! We look forward to helping you when you secure resort & party dates! Be sure to look on the MAIN page and scroll down, lots of information to go through to help you plan an awesome trip!

I did not know this!!! Disney must read these threads because I have always stated how boring they were. :laughing:
Yes, @Cluelyss reported they had a fun meet with them? but majority have not!
Ha ha! Even dressed as the dwarfs in 2016 we didn’t get greeted by each one individually! But yes, our costumes helped our interaction I’m sure. Most of those in front of us walked up, posed, 1 picture by PP and off they went. We got four whole pictures!!!! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter