• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha! Even dressed as the dwarfs in 2016 we didn’t get greeted by each one individually! But yes, our costumes helped our interaction I’m sure. Most of those in front of us walked up, posed, 1 picture by PP and off they went. We got four whole pictures!!!! :rotfl:

I thought you guys had a fun time with them!!! :woohoo:

Jack & Sally

upload_2018-9-10_13-15-53.png

UPDATE: 10/09/18 Jack & Sally are now meeting at Town Square Theater.

So I know this looks confusing but looking at the WDW map this is the location for Jack & Sally in the RED circle.

upload_2018-4-3_16-53-16.png

It does not show the gazebo on the map but it is there. Here's an actual photo previously posted on Post #167

upload_2018-4-3_16-55-10.png

Photo of queue
upload_2018-4-16_10-47-11.png
Post #157

Jack & Sally starts meeting at 5pm. they sign autographs and photopass is available. This dynamic duo are a fun meet and very entertaining which may take time. ;)

2018 Update: Now that DVC members are allowed early access at 2pm, guests are lining up even earlier 3:30 has been reported. Post #6058

Thanks again @Cluelyss and @Bex258 for confirming and photos.

Last edited:

So I know this looks confusing but looking at the WDW map this is the location for the Seven Dwarfs in the RED circle.

View attachment 313686

It does not show the gazebo on the map but it is there. Here's an actual photo previously posted on Post #167

View attachment 313687

Thanks again @Cluelyss for confirming. The last time I saw them is when Snow White appeared with them which was many years ago.
I thought the 7 Dwarfs were in the red tent?

I thought the 7 Dwarfs were in the red tent?

GREAT catch. YES, Dwarfs are in the YELLOW tent. Jack & Sally are at the gazebo. Post has been corrected! Really, thanks for catching this. Who needs the confusion! :thumbsup2

Last edited:

GREAT catch. YES, Dwarfs are in the RED tent. Jack & Sally are at the gazebo. Post has been corrected! Really, thanks for catching this. Who needs the confusion! :thumbsup2
Lol I was pretty confused since I've never even seen the gazebo before! Is it pretty hard to find?
Also, you told me to go through the bypass before lining up for Jack & Sally. Will the line get too big if we waste time at the bypass?

So I know this looks confusing but looking at the WDW map this is the location for the Jack & Sally in the RED circle.

View attachment 313686

View attachment 313687

Thanks again @Cluelyss for confirming. The last time I saw them is when Snow White appeared with them which was many years ago.

Wait....this is the Jack and Sally M&G, right? I can confirm that we do, indeed have tickets to the Oct 8 MNSSHP. I am guessing it will be a sell out since that is Columbus Day or maybe not since most kids should have school the next day, right?

Not really. Those who use their park tickets and party tickets may have a slight advantage since they'll already be in the parks. However, wristbands will only be released inside the parks at 4pm. You do not want to miss the bypass if this is your first party. Lots of stuff going on over there and it's for a limited time. What you could do since you're attending two parties is get your wristbands and zoom towards Jack & Sally. On your second party slow things down and enjoy this area.

Not really. Those who use their park tickets and party tickets may have a slight advantage since they'll already be in the parks. However, wristbands will only be released inside the parks at 4pm. You do not want to miss the bypass if this is your first party. Lots of stuff going on over there and it's for a limited time. What you could do since you're attending two parties is get your wristbands and zoom towards Jack & Sally. On your second party slow things down and enjoy this area.
I think that's what we will plan on doing. Thanks! Our second party will probably be much more relaxing lol

Wait....this is the Jack and Sally M&G, right? I can confirm that we do, indeed have tickets to the Oct 8 MNSSHP. I am guessing it will be a sell out since that is Columbus Day or maybe not since most kids should have school the next day, right?

Yes, this is for Jack & Sally. It's a roll of the dice. Again, last year the weather was crazy, here are the dates that sold out:
Sold Out Dates: 9/24 (9/24), 9/26 (9/26), 10/15 (10/15), 10/31 (10/8)

Obviously it's going to be busy especially around Characters and MNSSHP exclusives, like I said before It will be interesting to see Touring Plans 2018 Crowd Calendar for MNSSHP.

Last edited:
I think that's what we will plan on doing. Thanks! Our second party will probably be much more relaxing lol

Yes, especially if you can get Moana or the Dwarfs done on your first party! Seriously, I recommend you two split up and check them out using your cells to notify which line is shorter and go for it.

@Haley R I also wanted to say, no one is allowed to get into any of the Character lines without a wristband. CM's do look for them.

And for those of you who do and have been able to :P

I updated my posts of my itineraries to make them work a little better. The second party will be harder to plan since I won't know what all we will get done at the first party.

I updated my posts of my itineraries to make them work a little better. The second party will be harder to plan since I won't know what all we will get done at the first party.

I'll work on your second party tomorrow. I just want you to soak in what you can accomplish at your first party. You two are going to have an awesome adventure! :hug:

First of all :welcome: to the party solo adventurer!

Good news and bad news lets talk about the bad, in 2017 Saturday Sept. 24 and Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017 both sold out on the day of the party. There are various reasons for this which include discounts for CM's, Military and AP holders and possibly the weather. Your date Tuesday, Sept. 25th is currently a discounted ticket, only time will tell if this will sell out but the possibility is there.

Good news, your plan looks great and easy flowing. Hopefully Disney will release what specialty treats they'll be offering soon, I would follow that trail and hit up the rides by those locations. We'll work on your plan more as soon as we hear from Disney. Please note, the Haunted Mansion desserts they had last year sold out by 6:30 at some locations.

Quick question, is there a reason you'll be arriving at MK at 5pm instead of the recommended 3:30-3:45?

FYI - It's not necessary to color your time frame:flower3: I've also added your itinerary to the MAIN page!
Sunday the 24th and Tuesday the 26th of 2017 were my exact parties last year! They were crazy crazy busy! Sunday more so than the Tuesday... but crowded! I think with them being the last discounted days plays a huge part but this was also about 10 days or so after the hurricane and I think that played a huge role. So so many people rescheduled to that week and after that I think it increased our parties significantly. I could be totally wrong but just something I thought could have been a factor! Lol

So the only MNSSHP we attended was in 2015 and we were already in the park that day. I got our party bands right at the appointed time and off we went to get in line for Jack and Sally. Am I understanding you correctly when you say that there are things going on in the line to get into MK park for the party? Since we moved our party date to the 8th we plan to be in EPCOT that morning and head over to MK later on. Is it better to get to MK around 3pm or just get inside using our hoppers (and my AP)? When I called to get our party tickets I was a little surprised in the price (as it certainly went UP)! I'm not sure what my AP discount was. What is the retail price of party tickets this year?

Sunday the 24th and Tuesday the 26th of 2017 were my exact parties last year! They were crazy crazy busy! Sunday more so than the Tuesday... but crowded! I think with them being the last discounted days plays a huge part but this was also about 10 days or so after the hurricane and I think that played a huge role. So so many people rescheduled to that week and after that I think it increased our parties significantly. I could be totally wrong but just something I thought could have been a factor! Lol

Not wrong at all! It was a huge deal! So happy to see you posting here again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter