• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it depends on traffic and all, but does a 20 minute ride to FW sound about right? Fantasmic (as of now) is scheduled for 8:00 and we have reservations for the 10:00 Return to Sleepy Hollow. Would you think there's enough time for both?

We always stay at Wilderness Lodge so I do know you can catch the bus from HS to WL, then ride the boat from WL to FW. Then walk a short distance to the Sleepy Hollow event.

I'm looking online now and see the times for Fantasmic! and I'm getting various times, what date are you going?

As the outcomes have been different for many folks, I’ll post only what my personal experience was in a similar situation....

I am the only AP holder in my family. For both MNSSHP and MVMCP last year I was able to book party FPs for my entire group of 4 with no adverse effects to any of us. I would think, though, that if there were any repercussions if your case, it would only affect the non AP holder. Just watch your email and FP selections carefully.

I know it would affect the non-FP holder. I just don't want it to.

I also think some people were just confused as to how it works with a party ticket because you have to book your other days first and then the party day.
Why that is? I don't know but I just know that's how it works lol.

Well, at least I can say that is indeed how I booked it - first our regular FP+ on days 2,3,4,6,8,9 and 10, and then the MNSSHP FP+ on day 5. Hopefully that means it'll work. (I haven't gotten a naughty e-mail yet.)

I know it would affect the non-FP holder. I just don't want it to.

Well, at least I can say that is indeed how I booked it - first our regular FP+ on days 2,3,4,6,8,9 and 10, and then the MNSSHP FP+ on day 5. Hopefully that means it'll work. (I haven't gotten a naughty e-mail yet.)

If you do get a naughty email, I hope you keep us informed. Thank you for posting your question on this thread too!

We always stay at Wilderness Lodge so I do know you can catch the bus from HS to WL, then ride the boat from WL to FW. Then walk a short distance to the Sleepy Hollow event.

I'm looking online now and see the times for Fantasmic! and I'm getting various times, what date are you going?

Friday, 9/28 is our HS/Sleepy Hollow day. How much time would you budget for the bus/boat route? Thanks so much!

Friday, 9/28 is our HS/Sleepy Hollow day. How much time would you budget for the bus/boat route? Thanks so much!

In all fairness, 40 minutes. The buses run slower starting in the afternoon and will pick back up slightly in the evening. As soon as Fantasmic! is over which should be at 8:30 there might be a mass exodus which can prevent you from getting onto the bus at a specific time. Toy Story Land may be your saving grace. All ADR's recommend one full hour for transportation.

In all fairness, 40 minutes. The buses run slower starting in the afternoon and will pick back up slightly in the evening. As soon as Fantasmic! is over which should be at 8:30 there might be a mass exodus which can prevent you from getting onto the bus at a specific time. Toy Story Land may be your saving grace. All ADR's recommend one full hour for transportation.
And knowing you’ll have to take the internal bus once you get to FW, I’d plan for at least an hour, if not 90 minutes.

ETA: just realized you want to take the bus to WL then boat to FW, but my timing suggestion remains the same.

And knowing you’ll have to take the internal bus once you get to FW, I’d plan for at least an hour, if not 90 minutes.

ETA: just realized you want to take the bus to WL then boat to FW, but my timing suggestion remains the same.

I don't think it took DH and DS that long when they went this route last year. I will say on the return back, it took them longer to arrive at WL only because they walked around a bit to look at decorations.

I don't think it took DH and DS that long when they went this route last year. I will say on the return back, it took them longer to arrive at WL only because they walked around a bit to look at decorations.
Definitely agree it can be done in less time, but if you just miss a bus, or boat, the trip becomes much longer. For something like this, with a hard start, I’d personally plan for delays just to be safe. Or take a Minnie Van.

If you do get a naughty email, I hope you keep us informed. Thank you for posting your question on this thread too!

I will definitely post whatever might happen in this case. We are going to one of the first parties (8/28 I think is the third one) so perhaps our experience will help others.

Definitely agree it can be done in less time, but if you just miss a bus, or boat, the trip becomes much longer. For something like this, with a hard start, I’d personally plan for delays just to be safe. Or take a Minnie Van.

Thanks so much to both you and @FoxC63 for your help! I think we're leaning toward your earlier Minnie Van suggestion since that looks like there's less of a time crunch. We definitely don't want to miss our trip to Sleepy Hollow haha. We're kind of on the fence about watching Fantasmic! at all, but I wanted to have a good plan in case we decide to. Thanks again!

Thanks so much to both you and @FoxC63 for your help! I think we're leaning toward your earlier Minnie Van suggestion since that looks like there's less of a time crunch. We definitely don't want to miss our trip to Sleepy Hollow haha. We're kind of on the fence about watching Fantasmic! at all, but I wanted to have a good plan in case we decide to. Thanks again!

I didn't chip in on this - but my thoughts are the same. You are looking at 8:30 PM to get out of Fantasmic, maybe 8:45 PM by the time you get to the front of the park and get in line with the crowds for the buses. You likely would make it, but there could be a lot of stress involved. Gettting a Minnie Van or regular Uber/Lyft will get you to FW by just after 9 PM and then you just have the internal bus. MUCH less stress and plenty of time to get there. We always budget for a couple of paid travel rides per trip.

I didn't chip in on this - but my thoughts are the same. You are looking at 8:30 PM to get out of Fantasmic, maybe 8:45 PM by the time you get to the front of the park and get in line with the crowds for the buses. You likely would make it, but there could be a lot of stress involved. Gettting a Minnie Van or regular Uber/Lyft will get you to FW by just after 9 PM and then you just have the internal bus. MUCH less stress and plenty of time to get there. We always budget for a couple of paid travel rides per trip.

We usually have a car, so relying on buses and ride shares has added a whole new level to planning this trip!

We usually have a car, so relying on buses and ride shares has added a whole new level to planning this trip!

I have many favorite things about Disney trips - but one of my absolute favorite things is the fact that someone else does the driving for 10 days. So I almost never, ever, ever complain about Disney transportation. However, you just have to be prepared for the time its going to take.

I know it depends on traffic and all, but does a 20 minute ride to FW sound about right? Fantasmic (as of now) is scheduled for 8:00 and we have reservations for the 10:00 Return to Sleepy Hollow. Would you think there's enough time for both?
I would catch a Minnie Van. Fort Wilderness is very large and I believe Return to Sleepy Hollow is in the back (not sure though). If you take the bus, you will then need to take the internal bus to the back. The Minnie Vans can take you straight there.

One month until the Halloween Party e-Gift Card Giveaway!

Friday, August 3, 2018
4pm EDT

upload_2018-7-4_21-14-35.png

The following information has been added to Post #10:
  • GAMES
  • ELIGIBILITY
  • RULES OF PLAY
  • HOST & SCORE KEEPER
Please read the information carefully and if you have any questions please feel free to post them!

Last edited:

Friday, August 3, 2018
4pm EDT

View attachment 334850

• GAMES
  • ELIGIBILITY
  • RULES OF PLAY
  • HOST & SCORE KEEPER
Please read the information carefully and if you have any questions please feel free to post them!
I’m super excited for this and really hope I can. I babysit until 5 pm (central time) or later though so idk if I’ll be able to participate. I’d feel bad asking to leave early lol

Friday, August 3, 2018
4pm EDT

View attachment 334850

• GAMES
  • ELIGIBILITY
  • RULES OF PLAY
  • HOST & SCORE KEEPER
Exciting! I never win anything but I’ll definitely play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter