“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is awesome!!
I'm going Aug 31st for the first time with my momma!
We´re both excited (me more than her) and I'm DYING to get a picture with Jack and Sally. That's top priority. I'll settle for any other characters I encounter later on and obviously the parade, Sanderson Sisters and Fireworks are also a must.
I hope that since I'll be there so early in the season that there wont be that many people.
If I read correct, they start letting you in at 3:30? Or is it at 4?

That hasn't been confirmed for this year, last year many posted they were allowed in at 3:45 others stated 4pm. 3:45 sounds way better imo! If your reading this thread, you should see that their itineraries state they need to arrive at 3:15 to 3:30 only. ;)

The Minnie Vans do offer boosters (2) but fair warning, the ONLY time we were unsuccessful getting a van was after MVMCP last year. I’d have a backup plan if you want to go this route.

I wonder what Uber & Lyft would be like on Halloween, park hopping night for me and our buddy! :scratchin

Are all the routes working or just some? The DIS seems to be under the impression it's not at full service and they're not the only ones. Could you imagine not having any monorail service while staying at a monorail resort? That would totally suck!
It may not be at “full service” (maintenancing several cars at a time) but we did not have any issues when going between MK and EP or on the resort loop. I feel like they’ve been “working on” the monorail for a while now, but it’s still remained operational (to some degree).

Are all the routes working or just some? The DIS seems to be under the impression it's not at full service and they're not the only ones. Could you imagine not having any monorail service while staying at a monorail resort? That would totally suck!

Our vacation in May we had to take the Ferry from the TTC to MK. The monorail was only running thru the resorts. Chances are they are still running it thru the resorts as first priority.

It may not be at “full service” (maintenancing several cars at a time) but we did not have any issues when going between MK and EP or on the resort loop. I feel like they’ve been “working on” the monorail for a while now, but it’s still remained operational (to some degree).

That's probable why it's still on the refurbishment list. I'm sure once Disney is satisfied that the monorail is running smoothly they'll revise the status. Until then, it is officially on the refurbishment list.

I know a PP asked but depending on the ages/how late you can stay, I'd recommend staying as late as possible in the park, unless that'd be an overload. Last year we stayed at Pop and watched the midnight stage show, then took a couple of pictures, and made our way out. It was not yet 1am and we were not on the last bus...and no lines were long at this point for resort buses. If you think waiting in the line will be more of a pain that slowly walking through the park and catching that last photo op or something then I'd say that time is better spent inside the park. Obviously this depends on how late you want to be out, but the bus lines will DEFINITELY be more insane after the fireworks, unless you wait a WHILE.

I’m open to staying later for sure. If I end up getting a stroller, my sons would be sleeping in it, and that would work. They are 4 and 5, though, so I never quite know what they’ll do. We may have to leave earlier in the evening, for the sake of all involved :).

NEWS

Disney Announces ‘Ultimate Disney Fall into Magic Package’ with Exclusive Fall Experiences

From September 3-8, 2018, visitors can enjoy a 5-night stay at select Disney Moderate, Deluxe, or Deluxe Villa Resort, 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper Option and an itinerary full of magic, including some exclusive experiences exclusively for guests who book this package.

This package can be booked now through August 19, 2018.

Here’s a peek at what the incredible itinerary includes:
  • Sept. 3, 2018 – Disney Resort hotel arrival
  • Sept. 4, 2018 – Exclusive “Welcome to Fall” dinner at Epcot, inspired by the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
  • Sept. 5, 2018 – A nighttime journey aboard Kilimanjaro Safaris and an exclusive showing of Rivers of Light at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park after park closing
  • Sept. 6, 2018 – Two hours of exclusive evening access to Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Sept. 7, 2018 – Tickets to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park (this date only).
  • Sept. 8, 2018 – Disney Resort hotel check-out
For example, starting at $149 per person, per night, for a family of four – 2 adults, 1 junior (ages 10 to 17) and 1 child (ages 3 to 9) – can stay in a standard room at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and enjoy this offer for a total package price of $2,980*.

Travel Date: September 3 – September 8, 2018

Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/ultimate-fall-magic-package/

NEWS

Disney Announces ‘Ultimate Disney Fall into Magic Package’ with Exclusive Fall Experiences

From September 3-8, 2018, visitors can enjoy a 5-night stay at select Disney Moderate, Deluxe, or Deluxe Villa Resort, 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper Option and an itinerary full of magic, including some exclusive experiences exclusively for guests who book this package.

This package can be booked now through August 19, 2018.

Here’s a peek at what the incredible itinerary includes:
  • Sept. 3, 2018 – Disney Resort hotel arrival
  • Sept. 4, 2018 – Exclusive “Welcome to Fall” dinner at Epcot, inspired by the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
  • Sept. 5, 2018 – A nighttime journey aboard Kilimanjaro Safaris and an exclusive showing of Rivers of Light at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park after park closing
  • Sept. 6, 2018 – Two hours of exclusive evening access to Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Sept. 7, 2018 – Tickets to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park (this date only).
  • Sept. 8, 2018 – Disney Resort hotel check-out
For example, starting at $149 per person, per night, for a family of four – 2 adults, 1 junior (ages 10 to 17) and 1 child (ages 3 to 9) – can stay in a standard room at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and enjoy this offer for a total package price of $2,980*.

Travel Date: September 3 – September 8, 2018

Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/ultimate-fall-magic-package/
I was interested to see how much this would cost for DH and I, but it says to call and I just wanted a hypothetical situation...

I'm so excited for Space Mountain! I really hope they do some cool things with it. We were originally planning on DL this October, but ended up switching to WDW. It's way cheaper for us to go to Orlando so we just keep going back there.

I hope they do more enhancements!

WARNING - First issue with FP's on party ticket has been reported!

Without reiterating the details, please see: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-165#post-59389053"]Post #3284[/URL]

Please note, last year not everyone was affected. It was bizarre why some were and other's were not. I hope this does not prevent you from trying, should you proceed please keep an eye on your email and MDE account. And if you experience anything, please keep us informed. Thank you!

Please note, last year not everyone was affected. It was bizarre why some were and other's were not. I hope this does not prevent you from trying, should you proceed please keep an eye on your email and MDE account. And if you experience anything, please keep us informed. Thank you!

This e-mail is from 2017 which we received on the morning of our first day of our stay (already on our way to Disney World). Once I saw this e-mail I spent a decent amount of time on the phone during our stay to straighten things out:

We see that you currently have insufficient tickets on your My Disney Experience account for your selected FastPass+experiences. If an additional valid Theme Park ticket is not associated to your account, your FastPass+ selections for 09/01/2017 are subject to cancellation on 08/26/2017.

To keep your FastPass+ selections, by 08/26/2017, you can either:
  • Purchase another ticket and link it to your My Disney Experience account.
  • Link a ticket you already have to your My Disney Experience account
For future trips we will purchase extra day(s) of park tickets to cover ticketed events if we plan to enter early and want to use FP+. It was not worth the time or energy using party ticket for FP+ because I didn't see the e-mail in time and our last day of FP+ (Epcot) were cancelled. Disney IT was only able to get back two of our three FP+ and for the third one I had to wait in line at Epcot (guest relations)!

This e-mail is from 2017 which we received on the morning of our first day of our stay (already on our way to Disney World). Once I saw this e-mail I spent a decent amount of time on the phone during our stay to straighten things out:

We see that you currently have insufficient tickets on your My Disney Experience account for your selected FastPass+experiences. If an additional valid Theme Park ticket is not associated to your account, your FastPass+ selections for 09/01/2017 are subject to cancellation on 08/26/2017.

To keep your FastPass+ selections, by 08/26/2017, you can either:
  • Purchase another ticket and link it to your My Disney Experience account.
  • Link a ticket you already have to your My Disney Experience account
For future trips we will purchase extra day(s) of park tickets to cover ticketed events if we plan to enter early and want to use FP+. It was not worth the time or energy using party ticket for FP+ because I didn't see the e-mail in time and our last day of FP+ (Epcot) were cancelled. Disney IT was only able to get back two of our three FP+ and for the third one I had to wait in line at Epcot (guest relations)!

Thank you for posting this! I'm sure it will help newbies catch up on what took place last year and/or give people an idea of what to look for.

So now that we know this has happened again this year, what are our options?
  • Try to resolve this issue with Disney/IT: Which many did, some were successful others weren't.
  • Buy an extra park ticket to cover FP's: The cost can be minimal for some and others prohibitive.
  • Do not secure FP's: With a few exceptions, most rides are walk on's and become easier to ride later in the evening.
  • Create phantoms for your MNSSHP tickets: See: Post #235
  • Put your MNSSHP tickets in separate account: This is my preferred method. I did not create a separate account for this purpose I already had one as I plan surprises for me and my family during our trips.
Again, please note this was very random last year. Not everyone received the dreaded email. :flower3:

EDIT: According to @PAGA2003 booking on just party tickets works! See: Post #3003 :thumbsup2

Last edited:
This is a tad off-topic, but I figured you all would be a good resource. We're doing a 10:00 Return to Sleepy Hollow event after a day at HS. We were hoping to do Fantasmic, which is currently scheduled for 8:00, but know that might be pushing it so we're willing to skip it if need be. What are your recommendations for getting to FW for Sleepy Hollow efficiently? TIA!

This is a tad off-topic, but I figured you all would be a good resource. We're doing a 10:00 Return to Sleepy Hollow event after a day at HS. We were hoping to do Fantasmic, which is currently scheduled for 8:00, but know that might be pushing it so we're willing to skip it if need be. What are your recommendations for getting to FW for Sleepy Hollow efficiently? TIA!
You can bus from HS directly to FW, but the bus will drop you at the front of the resort and you’ll need to take the internal shuttle back, so allow for extra time. Personally, I’d take a Minnie Van as they’ll be able to take you all the way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter