“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a huge help as I plan my first WDW trip and first MNSSHP this October. Thank you so much for pulling it all together!

When ever your ready to post your itinerary we'll go through to make sure it's perfect! I'll be adding the printable pdfs soon but I'm sure it will be tweaked a bit but the cast is all there.

Trick or Treat locations don't change that much either so that's another win!!!

Later this month I'll be adding more information about my Halloween Party and you'll not want to miss a chance to win a Disney Gift Cards or Starbucks Gift Cards!

Last edited:
Amazing job on this post. It’s so fun to follow and plan! Thank you!

Thank you for your kind words! Last year we had great seasoned DISers here helping many plan for their trips it was so amazing! Please feel free to jump on in, each poster who writes down their itinerary will be able to update it if changes are needed and your "Post #" will be added to the main page giving you easy access while in the parks!

Last edited:

What a great thread! This will be the first MNSSHP for my husband and me, and I'm gonna need all the help I can get for planning, so this is invaluable. :) Thank you!! I'm excited to start planning, cause trying to see the parade, Hallowishes, and meet Tarzan and Jane in one night is starting to worry me--at least we won't be trying for Jack/Sally or the 7 dwarves! :)

Another party 1st timer here..
DD15 and myself going 8/24 looking for as much direction as possible!
Thank you everyone!!

Post #2: Itinerary Guidelines for Creating & Posting

Guidelines:

• Date of your Party
  • Who is attending
  • Time Frame on the LEFT, you do NOT need to color it.
  • Red = What time you need to be there.
  • Blue = What time you should be done.
  • Tag Team: One member of your family can 'save' your spot while you get snacks and/or take a restroom break. Please inform those around you what you're doing I'm sure they too will need the same and appreciate your kindness.
  • Hallowishes & Boo-To-You: Times and tips are listed on Post #3. Make sure you allow enough time to get the best view and be sure to include your viewing location.
EXAMPLE:
Aug 17
DH, DW, DD, DS

3:30-4:10 MK Party Entrance
4:15-4:20 Snap some photos!
4:20-4:45 Mickey's PhilharMagic 15min
4:50-5:15 It's a Small World 25min
5:20-5:45 Mad Tea Party 30min
5:50-7:20 Winnie the Pooh M&G
Tag Team: Send DH to pick up snacks.
7:30-8:15 Lots-o-Huggin Bear
8:15-9:00 Headless Horseman Magic Shot / SotMK card
9:00-10:30 10:15 HalloWishes at Fake grass at Plaza
10:30-11:50 11:15 Boo-To-You Parade at Main Street

If you're unsure about the Time Frame you should list what your priorities are, but you MUST include your DATE and those attending.
EXAMPLE:
Aug 17
DH, DW, DD, DS
Pooh & Gang
Captain Jack Sparrow
1st Boo to You Parade
HalloWishes

I know some of you are thinking "I don't want to post my itinerary, people might copy it." Truth is these itineraries are designed specifically for you and are based on:
  • YOUR Party Date
  • YOUR Group & ages
  • YOUR Priorities
  • Fastpass Selections
  • ADR's/Food options
  • and so much more.
And so what if they copy it, you need to remember only X amount of tickets are sold for these parties. What are the odds they'll arrive exactly the same time at Magic Kingdom as you, attend the same party or their priorities match etc., there are way too many variables to bother with let alone be of concern. DISers have reported issues such as transportation, costumes malfunctions, not being seated at their ADR on time and more. All of which creates a domino effect.

Last edited:
Truth be told if this was my first time attending MNSSHP, I would NOT make an ADR between 4pm-7pm. Even though the party "Officially" starts at 7pm, there are a lot of things you can do between those hours. I recommend eating a full meal prior to arriving at MK and arrive early to snap photos. There are restrooms located outside of MK's entrance too. ;)

What a great thread! This will be the first MNSSHP for my husband and me, and I'm gonna need all the help I can get for planning, so this is invaluable. :) Thank you!! I'm excited to start planning, cause trying to see the parade, Hallowishes, and meet Tarzan and Jane in one night is starting to worry me--at least we won't be trying for Jack/Sally or the 7 dwarves! :)

Hi and :welcome: I'm sure you have more on your wish list but if you wanted to meet Jack & Sally and/or the 7 Dwarfs you actually can. Tarzan & Jane don't normally have long lines and can be seen anytime after 7pm.

I'm sure we can all agree we want to get the biggest bang for our buck but when creating an itinerary and going from point A to point B, because every second counts, sigh., these parties are meant to be enjoyed. Disney does an amazing job decorating the park and have added special elements to enhance your experience, when you walk into MK for the first time you will be in awe. I'm getting all teary eyed just thinking about it. In short, PLEASE leave room in your itinerary to 'smell the roses' after all you paid for it. ;)

Last edited:
Truth be told if this was my first time attending MNSSHP, I would NOT make an ADR between 4pm-7pm. Even though the party "Officially" starts at 7pm, there are a lot of things you can do between those hours. I recommend eating a full meal prior to arriving at MK and arrive early to snap photos. There are restrooms located outside of MK's entrance too. ;)

Would you still have this opinion if this was perhaps your only time to snag a BOG dinner?

Would you still have this opinion if this was perhaps your only time to snag a BOG dinner?

Yes. And here's why, it's a Signature dining experience $$$ and will eat up your time like crazy. You'd be better served having breakfast or lunch there. If you choose to keep your coveted ADR, arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your scheduled time and allow at least 1 to 1.5 hours though could be more when meeting the Beast. Please note he does take breaks but you can come back to get your photo taken with him. We did that last year - check with a manager first as things have changed.

Below is a link about BOG changing to Signature dining:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/02/21/changes-coming-to-be-our-guest-restaurant-in-disney-world/

And here's a great review with photos:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...st-restaurant-in-disney-worlds-magic-kingdom/

It really is an amazingly beautiful restaurant where you can wander through and take photos of. I would hate to feel rushed just to keep up with an itinerary instead I would secure an ADR on an evening when MNSSHP is not going on and after dinner enjoy a few rides and fireworks. If this is your first visit you'll definitely want to take your time here, you can also use the park hopper option and secure an ADR.

If you currently have an ADR and are pleased with your time than keep it, creating an itinerary around it will NOT be problematic.

This is a great thread and I will be following closely as I build our itinerary!
We have tickets purchased for Oct 31st! :)
Our first time to the party AND to WDW as well! :)

Hi and :welcome: I'm sure you have more on your wish list but if you wanted to meet Jack & Sally and/or the 7 Dwarfs you actually can. Tarzan & Jane don't normally have long lines and can be seen anytime after 7pm.

Thanks! But I'm actually good with meeting just Tarzan & Jane, walking by and catching a glimpse of the dwarves and some of the other characters will make me just as happy, and take much less time in a line! :) And we're planning on eating an early (quick) dinner at Skipper Canteen at 4:30, and want to be sure to get a good spot for the parade/fireworks, and just enjoy the ambiance. I'm so excited! :) I'm excited to get some more details so I can put out my itinerary for everyone's help and critiques. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!