“Mom, it’s the plague and on my Birthday!” 11/21-11/27/17 trip. Complete 2/26. New TR link!

I hear you about the double security with the monorail to Epcot
The Christmas popcorn bucket was nice and we got our money’s worth.
I was surprised how nonchalant FQ was about the suitcase situation. I basically had to figure it out myself, ugh!
I stayed there at POFQ last June (our first time at Disney) and had a couple of headaches with them too. The CMs at front office was not very friendly and they lost our luggage that we checked in while we were waiting for our room to be waiting! We had to wait five hours for it because we needed the medicine and charges in there. We had to cancel our evening plans and our phones were dead. We did not get any credit. Just a couple of stuffed Mickey and Minnie and some snacks. Just wanted to ring in I didn’t have good luck there either. Happy to read your report though! Now back to reading.

Still sucks Andi had to wait up so long for the luggage, but glad to hear they at least tried to make it right!

We had these a few trips back and they were simply miraculous!!!! Glad to see you all enjoyed them as much as we did

Yum!!!! Orange chicken was one of my favorite Chinese food items when I was growing up, but I haven't had it in years!!! This is totally making me crave some.

Hope you all survived the cold! I've been complaining about 20 above zero. Stupid cold doesn't even begin to describe what I'm sure you all have to contend with.

Love your face here!

Great Christmas Pics. And side note I totally have the same shirt :-)

I do this all the time!!!!! Especially at Christmas time. My inner cheap-skate sees a cheap price and I don't realize it literally has to come on a slow boat from China.

Yikes!!! NOt sure I could handle crowds that large

Great picture!!!!! What an awesome looking Santa.

Looks great to me. Of course this is coming from the person who loves to eat and drink out of styrofoam and has a strange affinity for plastic cutlery. :-)
I was glad FQ did offer the credit and the 3FP+, it helped.
Morimoto was a great choice, definitely on our to do list again! The ribs yummy!
The orange chicken is pretty basic but it was one of the better ones I have ever had.
We loved meeting Santa, Andi went begrudgingly but then she really enjoyed it.
I look like quite the dork on Buzz, lol!
I was pleasantly surprised how good the take out Thanksgiving dinner was!

I stayed there at POFQ last June (our first time at Disney) and had a couple of headaches with them too. The CMs at front office was not very friendly and they lost our luggage that we checked in while we were waiting for our room to be waiting! We had to wait five hours for it because we needed the medicine and charges in there. We had to cancel our evening plans and our phones were dead. We did not get any credit. Just a couple of stuffed Mickey and Minnie and some snacks. Just wanted to ring in I didn’t have good luck there either. Happy to read your report though! Now back to reading.
I’m sorry you had a bad experience, overall the staff were very nice just rather blah, about solutions to the missing luggage. Thanks goodness United was able to track and knew the suitcase was at Orlando airport. Thank goodness nothing was stolen from the suitcase as it sat unattended for hours!

:welcome:Thanks for reading and joining in the conversation!

Hello Everyone,

Happy New’s Eve. I wish peace, health, and happiness to all in the New Year!
The daylight is just breaking here and unfortunately it is still way below zero so on with Disney memories and dreaming of warm weather!

Thanksgiving Day, Part 2. “Thanksgiving dinner in Asia, I’m down with that”
94788E84-66C3-42F8-B04F-3C0899B47EB6.jpeg

This evening was my favorite of the trip. AK was the best place to be this evening in my opinion because it wasn’t to crowded for it being Thanksgiving Day.

We arrived at the park around 3:30pm and started towards Dinoland and there was a great concert going on across from Flame Tree BBQ, there were dancers and music in Spanish. Andi loved this because she is fluent in Spanish and wants to cont. her Spanish in college as a major! We stood and listened for awhile, so nice. This was new to us, there has never been music there before. Anyone else ever experienced this?

After some lively Spanish music, we moved on to Dinosaur. The ride had a 25 minute wait and Andi did not want to wait. She does not like to wait for anything anymore, ugh! I would have waited for my favorite ride but oh well.
7202F7E0-2897-4CB4-ABC4-08C2E59CBD7C.jpeg
We walked through Dinoland and headed up to Asia and then Africa, taking in all the wonderful sights and sounds of AK. We had some pictures done on the bridge in Africa. The photographer was great, she took many different shots.

Our FP+ for this evening included Na’vi River ride, EE, and RoL. It was time for our river ride so we headed into Pandora using the bridge from Africa. This was awesome, very few people and the lush tropics were alive with cool sounds.
8CD47FCA-8F38-43F8-9697-5B4DE9065044.jpeg

Pandora was lovely as ever and the river ride was wonderful. I really enjoy this calming ride with all the beautiful colors. I know many on here don’t care for it but I sit back and enjoy it for what it is. The ride to me is a way for us to experience what is important to the Na’vi river people without a big storyline.
C0CC1E76-62AD-49DB-AB87-580264D78BA2.jpeg 5CD0062B-6C55-4930-8C37-C2F926180B49.jpeg

We decided to have dinner at one of our favorite place, Yak and Yeti. We saw a photo op right before Yak and Yeti so we got a few pictures here. I think this is the spot Kaa from The Jungle Book hangs down, we didn’t get him in our pictures. I think because it was getting dark, oh well!

I have a Landry’s card so we did not have a reservation. It was busy in there, however, we were seated upstairs in a nice spot within about 5-10 minutes. I feel, that alone, is worth having the card.
We decided to split food here since we had a decent lunch earlier.

We went with the potstickers for appetizer, chicken masala for entree, and cream cheese wontons for dessert. Our food was delicious as usual. The potstickers were very tasty and cooked perfectly.
The chicken had a nice deep curry flavor with a hint of heat, with the rice and naan bread it all goes perfect together. Please don’t let the unflattering food pictures sway you from trying, this is so good.
The cream cheese wontons with the vanilla sauce, fruit and vanilla ice cream are so good. It is so important to mix everything together with this dessert to get it. Separate not so great all together in one bite, heaven!
9664D37B-42B8-4682-B304-512680BD8063.jpeg 47A0B68A-C118-435D-9144-8DF6FE205C2B.jpeg 70D0447E-4C93-47A5-8141-22F1C4D0ACA7.jpeg
I had some money left on a Landry gift card so this meal was quite cheap for Thanksgiving Day!
We had a very efficient waiter and really enjoyed our experience. I need to get Andi to expand a little here and try the tuna nachos. I so want these, we have a place here that makes the best Ahi tuna tacos and I love these so I know I would love the nachos!

It was time for EE, Andi rode twice since I am a chicken and very afraid my neck will snap off on this ride, lol! Andi loved it in the dark, this was a first for her to ride at night.
2B70241F-9263-4D10-B305-474F68958E97.jpeg 3A08FD6F-B930-460C-8F01-CDF750430928.jpeg
We decided to head back into Pandora again to see at night. We used the bridge again by the Lion King, I loved this! It isn’t always open unfortunately as we found out another day we tried to use it, it was roped off.

Pandora at night was beautiful. I just took it all in, the colors, the sounds, and the ambiance. The weather turned out to be wonderful this evening, actually warmer than I thought and no rain! We lucked out today.

We headed towards the Tree of Life for some night pictures. This was a first for us as well. We usually do AK early morning and leave by noon so some cool firsts for us this evening.

It was time for us to go to the RoL area for our FP seating. We decided against popcorn because we were still very full from our dinner.

RoL was really nice, again I am a sap and really enjoyed it for what it is. I liked the music, the lanterns, the animals, and the narration. Cynical Andi, stated she did not like it all.:confused3

This girl holds a grudge! She does not like HEA because it replaced Wishes and she didn’t like this show! Oh well, I really enjoyed it.

We slowly made our way out of AK to the bus and headed back to FQ for a good nights sleep!

I have many pictures from this night so I will put more pictures in another post right after this one!

More great pictures of AK on Thanksgiving Day!
C2AC48D7-AFB3-42BF-9934-026D77922059.jpeg 5391F59F-61CB-4393-BBEB-7F42599FF3DA.jpeg 4E5D643B-B1B5-4364-BA06-FB722C7DE74D.jpeg 086073DA-6B7B-4565-924A-3ED14C231E4D.jpeg EB666503-956A-417B-9085-FC9FC9309F0E.jpeg 564BF3F5-2FCB-479F-8B1C-86BB770AB42D.jpeg A65E34A7-8592-4F96-9FCE-757319ED28B5.jpeg 7324C2E4-8466-43DC-A3E3-7FC002BB0279.jpeg E9BBEA46-48BA-4BDD-BCEA-63967FE7B811.jpeg

Food costs for today
Sassagoula QS, kid turkey dinner and kids chicken nuggets meal= $16.82
Yak and Yeti= $27.26

Under budget today, our food budget is $100.00 a Day. Conservative for some but this usually works great for us and we are often under budget and we don’t skimp, honestly, we eat what we want and when we want.

Attachments

• 973A87BB-A8D1-4EC5-8EA6-025733D83E44.jpeg
    973A87BB-A8D1-4EC5-8EA6-025733D83E44.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 1

Happy New Year Caroline and family!

I love all the photos you posted. Looks like so much fun (and at my favorite park!), it makes me really want to get another mother/daughter trip on the books soon.

arrived at the park around 3:30pm and started towards Dinoland and there was a great concert going on across from Flame Tree BBQ, there were dancers and music in Spanish. Andi loved this because she is fluent in Spanish and wants to cont. her Spanish in college as a major! We stood and listened for awhile, so nice. This was new to us, there has never been music there before. Anyone else ever experienced this

Yes! Was it part of the Carnivale they introduced with the night stuff? We have seen several acts on that stage but I love the one with the dance party with the people on stilts. So much fun. I really really love animal kingdom's street entertainment!

After some lively Spanish music, we moved on to Dinosaur. The ride had a 25 minute wait and Andi did not want to wait. She does not like to wait for anything anymore, ugh! I would have waited for my favorite ride but oh well.
Sounds like my family... ugh. Dinosaur is one that I never trust the wait time on. I will get in line and see how many wraps around the inside room are going and judge whether I want to stay in the line... haha :rotfl:

It was time for our river ride so we headed into Pandora using the bridge from Africa. This was awesome, very few people and the lush tropics were alive with cool sounds
Yes! I love this. It's like a private park sometimes. I was going to ask if you got to experience it at night and then I saw that you did later that day. I loved the "sparkly" projections on the trees in this area at night! I could get a cocktail and just veg out here for sure!

I really enjoy this calming ride with all the beautiful colors. I know many on here don’t care for it but I sit back and enjoy it for what it is. The ride to me is a way for us to experience what is important to the Na’vi river people without a big storyline.
I'm on team Navi River Journey too! I love it. So relaxing! And fun music.

I have a Landry’s card so we did not have a reservation. It was busy in there, however, we were seated upstairs in a nice spot within about 5-10 minutes. I feel, that alone, is worth having the card.
We decided to split food here since we had a decent lunch earlier.
I totally agree. I listen to the be our guest podcast and they had a listener question the other day about getting seated at Y&Y with no reservation and the landry's card and they told her not to risk it. I was yelling at my phone! LOL. We have always gotten a table walking up even at very busy times with the Landry card. And the management is so gracious and thankful when they bring it back to you at the table.

I need to get Andi to expand a little here and try the tuna nachos. I so want these, we have a place here that makes the best Ahi tuna tacos and I love these so I know I would love the nachos!
I read somewhere on here too that you can get it with chicken! I will have to try that sometime if I'm not in the mood for tuna.

RoL was really nice, again I am a sap and really enjoyed it for what it is.
I love it too! I found a disney live stream of ROL on my cable on demand channels and have been watching it in the morning before work :rotfl2: it definitely improves my morning attitude!

Happy New Year to You and Andi!

We arrived at the park around 3:30pm and started towards Dinoland and there was a great concert going on across from Flame Tree BBQ, there were dancers and music in Spanish. Andi loved this because she is fluent in Spanish and wants to cont. her Spanish in college as a major! We stood and listened for awhile, so nice. This was new to us, there has never been music there before. Anyone else ever experienced this?
We've encountered this a few times, largely in the late afternoon. I don't recall anything Spanish before, but we've seen a Caribbean band, stilt walkers, and even a harpist one time. Definitely makes for a fun encounter !

This really does make it worth it. We don't even have any Landry's restaurants by us, but its worth the $25 to have it in Disney. On our last trip it started pouring and tons of people flocked into Yak n Yeti. They were quoting 90 minute waits and we were seated in less than 10

We went with the potstickers for appetizer, chicken masala for entree, and cream cheese wontons for dessert. Our food was delicious as usual. The potstickers were very tasty and cooked perfectly.
Sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving meal to me!

RoL was really nice, again I am a sap and really enjoyed it for what it is. I liked the music, the lanterns, the animals, and the narration. Cynical Andi, stated she did not like it all.:confused3
I've yet to see this, but it sounds like something I'd like. Of course anything can be better than the Jungle Book show :P

086073da-6b7b-4565-924a-3ed14c231e4d-jpeg.291227
Great picture!!! Love the trolls

Happy New’s Eve. I wish peace, health, and happiness to all in the New Year!
The daylight is just breaking here and unfortunately it is still way below zero so on with Disney memories and dreaming of warm weather!
Happy NY Caroline....and BURR :cold: bet it's colder up there than here in Indy.

We saw a photo op right before Yak and Yeti so we got a few pictures here. I think this is the spot Kaa from The Jungle Book hangs down, we didn’t get him in our pictures
Yes we got a magic shot with Kaa here.

Pandora at night was beautiful. I just took it all in, the colors, the sounds, and the ambiance.
It is gorgeous isn't it. It's nice to have a slow pace tot enjoy it.

Cute Magic shot I haven't seen this one before. I love your shirt and ears. Andi not liking ROL:worried:

I loved that walk to Pandora from Lion King area so quite and pretty, DH even loved it.

Andi loved this because she is fluent in Spanish and wants to cont. her Spanish in college as a major! We stood and listened for awhile, so nice. This was new to us, there has never been music there before. Anyone else ever experienced this?
We did see it when we made a bathroom break (at the ones by Flame Tree. Lauren actually wasn't paying attention and nearly walked right into the dancers-don't know how you could miss those colors and the noise! :rotfl2:

Pandora was lovely as ever and the river ride was wonderful. I really enjoy this calming ride with all the beautiful colors. I know many on here don’t care for it but I sit back and enjoy it for what it is. The ride to me is a way for us to experience what is important to the Na’vi river people without a big storyline.
I do like it very much too. Peaceful and beautiful to look at with lots of details. I love the animals jumping on leaves above your head!

Caroline........I found this trip report totally by accident.......

Absolutely loved reading about your trip so far.......we stayed at FQ in 2008.....last time we ventured to Disney actually......we loved FQ though......everything about it was just perfect.

Your daughter is adorable!! And you both look to enjoy every second! I would so have pizza for breakfast too.......only on vacation though.......lol.......who am I kidding!

Your pictures are lovely, the resorts look so lovely.....you know I love Christmas trees so the GF one was glorious to see........

I always worry about losing luggage too.......fortunately it’s never happened! Famous last words........

Looking forward to reading the rest.........so much fun.......:wave2:

Hi Caroline! Happy New Year to you and Andi! How are the university applications going? Has Andi picked where she wants to go yet? I haven't had the Dis time I've wanted lately so I am way behind on reports. But now with a nice two week break from school and our regular routine, I am slowly getting caught up. Your trip looks like a ton of fun so far! I am really enjoying your updates and am excited for you that you are going back in February!Looking forward to the next installment! :)

Happy New Year Caroline and family!

I love all the photos you posted. Looks like so much fun (and at my favorite park!), it makes me really want to get another mother/daughter trip on the books soon.

Yes! Was it part of the Carnivale they introduced with the night stuff? We have seen several acts on that stage but I love the one with the dance party with the people on stilts. So much fun. I really really love animal kingdom's street entertainment!

Sounds like my family... ugh. Dinosaur is one that I never trust the wait time on. I will get in line and see how many wraps around the inside room are going and judge whether I want to stay in the line... haha :rotfl:

Yes! I love this. It's like a private park sometimes. I was going to ask if you got to experience it at night and then I saw that you did later that day. I loved the "sparkly" projections on the trees in this area at night! I could get a cocktail and just veg out here for sure!

I'm on team Navi River Journey too! I love it. So relaxing! And fun music.

I totally agree. I listen to the be our guest podcast and they had a listener question the other day about getting seated at Y&Y with no reservation and the landry's card and they told her not to risk it. I was yelling at my phone! LOL. We have always gotten a table walking up even at very busy times with the Landry card. And the management is so gracious and thankful when they bring it back to you at the table.

I read somewhere on here too that you can get it with chicken! I will have to try that sometime if I'm not in the mood for tuna.

I love it too! I found a disney live stream of ROL on my cable on demand channels and have been watching it in the morning before work :rotfl2: it definitely improves my morning attitude!

Happy New Year to you as well! We had a really nice evening in AK. I didn’t realize the fun times we were missing by only doing this park in the morning.

The Landry’s card is so worth it and you are right they really treat you well!

Yay for RoL and Na’vi river ride. I am hoping to try some more food from the Satu’li Canteen when we go back.

Andi loves to find Disney attraction music and she streams it all the time, lol!

Happy New Year to You and Andi!

We've encountered this a few times, largely in the late afternoon. I don't recall anything Spanish before, but we've seen a Caribbean band, stilt walkers, and even a harpist one time. Definitely makes for a fun encounter !

This really does make it worth it. We don't even have any Landry's restaurants by us, but its worth the $25 to have it in Disney. On our last trip it started pouring and tons of people flocked into Yak n Yeti. They were quoting 90 minute waits and we were seated in less than 10

Sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving meal to me!

I've yet to see this, but it sounds like something I'd like. Of course anything can be better than the Jungle Book show :P

Great picture!!! Love the trolls
The street concert with the dancers and entertainment was so fun, we miss things when we don’t stay past 1:00 lol!
We don’t have any Landry’s restaurants by us either but the card is still so worth it for when we are in Florida.
Thanksgiving at Yak and Yeti was a win for us
I really enjoyed the RoL, not sure what Andi had against it, oh well. I hope you all get to see it.
We did get some nice pictures this time in AK, it is getting harder to get Andi to stop at all the photo ops.

Happy NY Caroline....and BURR :cold: bet it's colder up there than here in Indy.

Yes we got a magic shot with Kaa here.

It is gorgeous isn't it. It's nice to have a slow pace tot enjoy it.

Cute Magic shot I haven't seen this one before. I love your shirt and ears. Andi not liking ROL:worried:

I loved that walk to Pandora from Lion King area so quite and pretty, DH even loved it.
It is still so cold here, we spent 96 hours below zero, yuck!
I think I saw your picture from there and knew Kaa is usually in it.
I love AK at night now, will be back
Thanks, Andi bought those ears for me on my Birthday, what a sweetie and my Minnie shirt sort of matched.
Love the bridge in Africa to Pandora, I hope it is open more.

We did see it when we made a bathroom break (at the ones by Flame Tree. Lauren actually wasn't paying attention and nearly walked right into the dancers-don't know how you could miss those colors and the noise! :rotfl2:

I do like it very much too. Peaceful and beautiful to look at with lots of details. I love the animals jumping on leaves above your head!
That concert really put us in the mood to have a great night! It does get crowded around there so I could see bumping into people!

I agree about the river ride, so beautiful and peaceful!

Caroline........I found this trip report totally by accident.......

Absolutely loved reading about your trip so far.......we stayed at FQ in 2008.....last time we ventured to Disney actually......we loved FQ though......everything about it was just perfect.

Your daughter is adorable!! And you both look to enjoy every second! I would so have pizza for breakfast too.......only on vacation though.......lol.......who am I kidding!

Your pictures are lovely, the resorts look so lovely.....you know I love Christmas trees so the GF one was glorious to see........

I always worry about losing luggage too.......fortunately it’s never happened! Famous last words........

Looking forward to reading the rest.........so much fun.......:wave2:
:welcome: Carole, so glad to have you here and commenting. I love your reports and each time I see a new one from you I jump on board.

Thank you for the nice words and we do have a great time traveling together.
The resort Christmas decorations are always so fun to see
FQ was so laid back and decorated nicely, it was a great contrast to the busy parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter