“Mom, it’s the plague and on my Birthday!” 11/21-11/27/17 trip. Complete 2/26. New TR link!

disneyAndi14

DIS Veteran
New trip report starting in 3,2,1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

I am back from another wonderful Walt Disney World trip, this trip was over Thanksgiving week and we also were there for my daughter Andi’s 18th Birthday:bday:.

We are a mother and daughter traveling team. This is our 15th trip to Disney together. I started taking Andi on mom/daughter trips when she was 9. We travel very well together and dad and brother were not interested in Disney trips after the two they went on.:confused3 I know right! They are weird :hyper: lol!

Andi loves Disney so much, it is her happy place. She is a whiz kid on Disney trivia and knows so much about the history of Walt Disney. She wins trivia games at school so many times because of all she has learned on Disney trips. I kid you not!!

I love the trips almost as much as her. I love getting into the Disney bubble and not thinking about anything else! I also love the Dis boards and trip planning. The planning is almost as fun as the trip itself.

So please join us on our adventures. Our trip was very fun but we did have a few bummer moments and the crowds were there during the Thanksgiving Holiday!

We did some new things and some favorite things we like to do each trip.

Trip details if you didn't have a chance to read my PTR.

Dates: 11/21 to 11/27/17.

Where: Port Orleans French Quarter, standard room.

Why: We love Disney and to celebrate Andi’s Birthday.

Here we are with two of our favorite characters!

Caroline (me) with Mickey.
54FCB372-4ECC-4587-BF6A-D49A12DD9D8C.jpeg

Andi with Dale.
DE1A08B3-A419-4076-B2C1-FACC78D796F8.jpeg

Please join us in our amazing November trip!

The next post will be Day 1, um where is our luggage ugh!!

Attachments

• 25097DE3-A334-4763-9DE9-77BFB1321846.jpeg
    25097DE3-A334-4763-9DE9-77BFB1321846.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 0
Hopping over from your last report. Looking forward to another adventure

I'm so here. Love that Andi excels at trivia because of Disney. I'll have to keep telling myself how educational our trips are :-) Can't wait to read all about it.

Joining in!

:welcome:

Agreed completely!
so true right!

Sounds like fun—I'm in! :)

Hopping over from your last report. Looking forward to another adventure

I'm so here. Love that Andi excels at trivia because of Disney. I'll have to keep telling myself how educational our trips are :-) Can't wait to read all about it.
:welcome: It is so true the kids learn valuable info at Disney!!:rotfl:

Very excited to read more!

Can't wait to read about your trip! :)

Glad you've started, can't wait to hear about the trip!! :)

Following! Happy (late) birthday Andi!
:welcome:And Andi thanks you!

You two are the cutest! Can't wait to read all about it!
:welcome:And Thank you!

Thank you all for joining in and reading. I plan to have an update done today. Day 1 coming up soon.

Let’s get this show started!........

11/21/17. Day 1. Lets travel down to our happy place, shall we................

I had my alarm set for 0400, not to bad, we have had to be up earlier before.

We got ready and left the house at 0500, our airport is about 30 minutes away, weather was okay, Thank goodness. It is always a gamble in Northern Minnesota from November until April, I know it does suck!!

We drove ourselves this trip because Hubby and son were both hunting in South Dakota.
I parked in the long term parking and we were all checked in and through security in about 15-20 minutes. It is a plus flying out of a small airport. Our flight took off right on time at 0620. We flew to Chicago and we were there before 0800. Our flight to Orlando was scheduled to take off at 0950.

We had plenty of time to find our gate, which was miles away, lol! I decided to have Chicago deep dish pizza for breakfast, I thought why not I am on vacation and I was hungry. Andi had a piece and thought it was okay. I forgot to get a picture, sorry!
It was sausage and pepperoni and I really liked it. The crust was really buttery and soft.

We flew United this time because the price was so much better than Delta, we decided to check just one bag, we checked Andi’s huge blue one. Keep this in mind for later, we had the bright yellow MDE tag on it when we checked it in Duluth. I had a small roller suitcase for carry on with some clothes and toiletries in it.
9C161023-C3B8-408A-B36A-48D234B83663.jpeg

Our flight took off right on time and we were in cloudy Florida:confused3 by 1:30pm, we were so happy to be here, cloudy or not! We took the fake o rail to the main terminal and headed down to Disney’s ME area. It was busy, we waited about 20 minutes to get on a bus. We were going to be the first stop so that was awesome!!
64AB7495-2B53-4BB8-BD3E-E434355B97BA.jpeg 6E31F140-A148-4C99-9488-7DC672B3A725.jpeg
I received a text on the ME letting me know our room was ready, yippee! Our room was in building 3, room 3136. I had requested this building on TP except I had asked for top floor, this was the first floor. I was a little nervous because I had been traumatized staying on a lower floor at AoA in 2012, it sounded like the people above us were playing hockey or bowling every night, it was bad!! Spoiler alert, our FQ room was very quiet except for toilet flushing, man they are loud!!
FF54473E-49C0-453D-AA06-50CCF14DB0FB.jpeg B59706A2-35F2-4DE8-BB33-39E2C3FDBF66.jpeg BF912ADD-1ADC-4B12-A637-985AC2EA53F1.jpeg

We went directly to our room, Andi opened the door and saw her Birthday surprise from me. It was from Disney’s gift and floral website. It was the Birthday package. It had balloons, including a big Mickey balloon. The balloon sang Happy Birthday in Mickey’s voice when you tapped it. This came with a Birthday ears hat, 5 Mickey rice krispy treats, a cake, 2 bags of popcorn and a cute Birthday platter. Andi really liked it! Would I get this again? Probably not, it was about $145.00 for something you could get at home for easily 1/2 of this cost but I am glad I did do it for her 18th Birthday.
312FAEA9-4C68-4D39-AE3B-C4FD19873313.jpeg 9427B770-4A20-4575-B5FF-34BB605775B6.jpeg 1C62BFED-6F83-4E5F-BB54-0774BF49442A.jpeg

Once we were settled in the room, we checked the weather, it had been raining some on the bus ride from the airport and it was predicting more rain this afternoon/evening. We grabbed our park bags and headed out to MK. We always go to MK on our first day.

Our BTMRR FP window was getting close to ending so stay tuned for Day 1 Part 2. Do we make it? What about the suitcase? What about the weather?

Check back for answers to these cliffhangers, lol!

Attachments

• 13A81B54-422D-44EF-996E-04540FE50496.jpeg
    13A81B54-422D-44EF-996E-04540FE50496.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 9
It is always a gamble in Northern Minnesota from November until April, I know it does suck!!

I feel you! This is what it's like in Canada! Not so bad in Halifax where we are now—winter usually stars here in January. But where I'm originally from in New Brunswick, we have the same timeline for gambly weather!

6e31f140-a148-4c99-9488-7dc672b3a725-jpeg.287047

This is so cute! I can tell you were excited!

Andi really liked it! Would I get this again? Probably not, it was about $145.00 for something you could get at home for easily 1/2 of this cost but I am glad I did do it for her 18th Birthday.
312faea9-4c68-4d39-ae3b-c4fd19873313-jpeg.287048

Neat! I'm sure it wouldn't be worth the price all the time or anything, but this is a really cool thing that was special for Andi's 18th!

Do we make it? What about the suitcase? What about the weather?

So many questions! The suspense is killing me!

Glad you made it to Orlando with no issues! You both look so happy in your pic on the bus- who wouldn't be when they are on their way to Disney!

What a nice birthday surprise for Andi! I'm sure it was pricey but worth it for the occasion :)

Lets travel down to our happy place, shall we................
::yes::

It is always a gamble in Northern Minnesota from November until April, I know it does suck!!
Upstate New York here... I feel your pain to some degree :laughing:

it sounded like the people above us were playing hockey or bowling every night, it was bad!!
Have you seen the commercial where the upstairs neighbors are doing crazy things like dragging chains around and being purposefully obnoxious? It's such a hilarious commercial and - as someone who lives in an apartment with upstairs neighbors - I think of that commercial all the time :rotfl:

Sounds like an uneventful arrival which is always good. And I wholeheartedly approve of your breakfast choice! I tried deep dish for the first time in Chicago over the summer and I was quite surprised, but liked it. I still prefer my New York style pizza though ;)

I found you!

Chicago deep dish pizza
Mmm, I'd eat this for breakfast :cloud9:

I'm glad your 1st floor room worked out, I think AoA LM was the only time we've been on a first floor the few times we haven't stayed deluxe. I don't particularly remember hearing noise above us but I prefer being on higher floors in general.

Can't wait to read more!

I decided to have Chicago deep dish pizza for breakfast, I thought why not I am on vacation and I was hungry. Andi had a piece and thought it was okay. I forgot to get a picture, sorry!
It was sausage and pepperoni and I really liked it. The crust was really buttery and soft.
Sounds like a great breakfast to me!!! I've only had true Chicago deep dish once and it was a thing of beauty.

Our room was in building 3, room 3136. I had requested this building on TP except I had asked for top floor, this was the first floor. I was a little nervous because I had been traumatized staying on a lower floor at AoA in 2012, it sounded like the people above us were playing hockey or bowling every night, it was bad!! Spoiler alert, our FQ room was very quiet except for toilet flushing, man they are loud!!
Good to hear the room worked out for you. We always ask for a top floor too. We had a bad experience at Pop one time with the noise and I learned my lesson.

he balloon sang Happy Birthday in Mickey’s voice when you tapped it. This came with a Birthday ears hat, 5 Mickey rice krispy treats, a cake, 2 bags of popcorn and a cute Birthday platter. Andi really liked it! Would I get this again? Probably not, it was about $145.00 for something you could get at home for easily 1/2 of this cost but I am glad I did do it for her 18th Birthday.
What a great birthday surprise!

We flew United this time because the price was so much better than Delta, we decided to check just one bag, we checked Andi’s huge blue one. Keep this in mind for later, we had the bright yellow MDE tag on it when we checked it in Duluth. I had a small roller suitcase for carry on with some clothes and toiletries in it.
9c161023-c3b8-408a-b36a-48d234b83663-jpeg.287057
Uh oh, this does not sound good.

Happy belated Birthday to your daughter! Girls only trips are fun :) Loved the birthday balloon surprise!

I'm always hesitant to stay on ground floor especially in Florida mostly due to critters. Never wonder what's going to scoot in the door :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts