»»June 16, 2012 Father's Day Cruise on the Fantasy!««

For the 1st time in cruising history - we are................

:jumping1: PACKED!!! :jumping1:

Usually, we put it off, dreading it, waiting to the last minute, but this time, we're packed a WEEK EARLY :woohoo:

Sure, there are those few things we can't pack until the last minute, but we were suppose to go to Typhoon Lagoon today to celebrate DD's completion of pre-school, but it's been raining :umbrella: so much due to a stalled out front, that I think we are going to need to build an ark!!! :boat: We decided to postpone TL to Tuesday and pack today.

What a relief! We are all ready to jump into the SUV next Sat AM and head over to the port :drive: I just need to get thru work this weekend and Wednesday, and DH next week and off we go!!

See you soon!! party:

We packed a week and a half early for the cruise! Granted that is only because we have already left home for music camp for my daughter this week :)

So much to do, so little time! Don't even have the packing list complete, let alone actually packing!! :rotfl2:

Happy OFFICIAL CRUISE DAY to all of you! Safe sailings and can't wait to hear from you on the trip and meeting everyone! :cool1:

Well, hope everyone made it back home safely. The ride back to Tampa was uneventful, which is good! :thumbsup2

Loved the Fantasy - prefer it over the Dream for sure, but miss the intimacy of the Wonder & Magic for sure.

Glad to have met some of you at the meet on the first day. I thought I'd feel like an outsider because we weren't part of the FB group, but everyone in our group was so nice :goodvibes Was shocked that on the 1st sea day at the CC reception, I ran into someone who works at the same hospital as I do - big ship, small world!! I had to go up to him and his wife to say hello, even though he doesn't really know me because I thought it was pretty cool. Loved hanging out on Bernard's Tour - especially with the Wileys, Andersons, and Gilletts :wave2: DD loved making new friends princess: Trunk Bay beach in St. John was definitely the highlight, as was the decks 8 & 9 "aft verandah crew" - very, very friendly group ;) (Jules2989, we talked to your hubby on his verandah while leaving St. Thomas - it was a hoot!!)

Didn't make it to La Piazza at 4pm; made it down to the adult areas twice - once to Skyline and once to La Piazza, but usually at 8:45-9pm ish. We planned on heading to lunch at Royal Court on the last sea day, but DD couldn't pull herself away from Deck 11 :rotfl:

ETA: Almost forgot to say THANK YOU to everyone for the FE gifts - we loved it all!!!!

Hope everyone had a great time :beach:

Well, hope everyone made it back home safely. The ride back to Tampa was uneventful, which is good! :thumbsup2

Loved the Fantasy - prefer it over the Dream for sure, but miss the intimacy of the Wonder & Magic for sure.

Glad to have met some of you at the meet on the first day. I thought I'd feel like an outsider because we weren't part of the FB group, but everyone in our group was so nice :goodvibes Was shocked that on the 1st sea day at the CC reception, I ran into someone who works at the same hospital as I do - big ship, small world!! I had to go up to him and his wife to say hello, even though he doesn't really know me because I thought it was pretty cool. Loved hanging out on Bernard's Tour - especially with the Wileys, Andersons, and Gilletts :wave2: DD loved making new friends princess: Trunk Bay beach in St. John was definitely the highlight, as was the decks 8 & 9 "aft verandah crew" - very, very friendly group ;) (Jules2989, we talked to your hubby on his verandah while leaving St. Thomas - it was a hoot!!)

Didn't make it to La Piazza at 4pm; made it down to the adult areas twice - once to Skyline and once to La Piazza, but usually at 8:45-9pm ish. We planned on heading to lunch at Royal Court on the last sea day, but DD couldn't pull herself away from Deck 11 :rotfl:

ETA: Almost forgot to say THANK YOU to everyone for the FE gifts - we loved it all!!!!

Hope everyone had a great time :beach:

We really enjoyed hanging with you guys on the tour also...glad you guys were on our bus!!! We really did have a great gropu to cruise with didnt we? I hated to see it all end!!

Now that you are home, before you put everything away, please share some pics of your FE gifts. popcorn:: So sorry I missed out, but I'm now looking forward to the August 25 Fantasy cruise. A little concerned after reading some FB posts with negative reviews. :eek: Hope they get the kinks worked out before my cruise.;)

Now that you are home, before you put everything away, please share some pics of your FE gifts. popcorn:: So sorry I missed out, but I'm now looking forward to the August 25 Fantasy cruise. A little concerned after reading some FE posts with negative reviews. :eek: Hope they get the kinks worked out before my cruise.;)

Yes, please share some photos on this thread. It is much easier to find from this group here. And, what is meant by negatives? ( if it is that looking thread, I haven' t . checked that in a while.)

In the Face Book group there were a few comments about the cruise that were not positive. Please post your reviews here as well as on the FB page. (Don't worry, we're all friends here:love:)

In the Face Book group there were a few comments about the cruise that were not positive.

Really? That's too bad. I guess I am glad I am not on FB! :rolleyes1

I had an enjoyable cruise. Was it perfect? Nope, but I don't expect perfect. We take everything in stride. It was pretty amazing, though.

As far as the FE goes, we didn't pass out our gifts until the last sea day before main dinner because so much gets passed out right at the beginning of the cruise.

I hate to name specific things because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings if I forget to mention something (and I am sure I will)......we got pretty cool stuff! :cool1: It was a mix of both store bought and home made items. I am very thankful for all the fruit snacks and packs of crackers because DD ate every last pack on our excursions!!! In fact, DD ate a pack of M&Ms after lunch today! We didn't eat any candy on the cruise, but it's all in our candy dish and will get eaten slowly ;) As far as the home made stuff, we got a picture frame, some post it note/note pad holders, some neat pens decorated with duct tape (using one right now to write out my grocery list), home made hair ties, a little memory book, a recipe card book, book marks, tote bags, jewelery, magnets, luggage tags, oh my goodness I could go on and I know I am probably forgetting a lot of stuff to name!!! Oh!!! The wine glass charms made out of scrabble tiles - those are the coolest!!! Someone gave out a kit of "stuff you may have forgotten to pack" and I used both hair ties every day to tie up my hair to work out! DD went ballistic over the Disney dollars and pins, too. It came in perfect time - the day when officer pin trading was that night! I'll have to get DH to do the photo thing; I've put away the various things like candy, tattoos, stickers, etc., but still have some other items out.

I am guessing we had BelleProfHP as our Secret Mickey because we got something from them and they were not in the FE, but the item from them had their name instead of from your Secret Mickey.

I also passed up 3 FEs on random doors that were not on our list :confused: I didn't have anything for them......

I wonder what sort of negative things? Was it service related or FE related???

We are like The Sanders..just take it in stride...Disney does it best and nothing in this world will ever be "perfect". I loved meeting everyone and seeing friends as we turned nearly eery corner of the ship!!! I hope that our paths cross again sometime on another cruise! This is/was an amazing group of people!

I wonder what sort of negative things? Was it service related or FE related???

We are like The Sanders..just take it in stride...Disney does it best and nothing in this world will ever be "perfect". I loved meeting everyone and seeing friends as we turned nearly eery corner of the ship!!! I hope that our paths cross again sometime on another cruise! This is/was an amazing group of people!

^^^^^^^
What Steve said :thumbsup2

Here is most of the loot we received from the FEs and Secret Mickey. And thank you Scott, Emily, and Isabelle for the wonderful Secret Mickey gifts! Heather is already in heaven with hers!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4295784519895&set=a.4295783639873.189360.1445057099&type=1&theater

So glad I got to meet you all. It's been a fun few years and this past week running into so many familiar faces was great. I couldn't believe how small the ship felt compared to how many people were on it. I was always running into or past people from our group. Funny how I'd hear familiar names, or see our logo on someone and then just say hello and strike up a conversation with them. I didn't even meet the Wolfords until we were both dropping off our little ones in the nursery, then we seemed to see them all over the place.

What was even funnier, was how many of us there were in Palo. During both brunch and dinner we saw so many familiar faces at all the tables around us. Really made it feel more homely.

Here is most of the loot we received from the FEs and Secret Mickey. And thank you Scott, Emily, and Isabelle for the wonderful Secret Mickey gifts! Heather is already in heaven with hers!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4295784519895&set=a.4295783639873.189360.1445057099&type=1&theater

Hmmmmm......Jason, the spa robe & stuffed animals weren't from us - I actually received a spa robe as well! Don't want to take credit for someone else's gift......Our SM gift was the stuff in the Disney Magic gift bag :wizard: There was a bathing suit for Lizzie, a puzzle for Alex, a mat & plate for Jake, a Vinylmation for you and an ornament for Heather........

Hmmmmm......Jason, the spa robe & stuffed animals weren't from us - I actually received a spa robe as well! Don't want to take credit for someone else's gift..........

That was from us :) Sorry to cause confusion. There was a little card inside the tote.

yes Janene gave out the spa robes and the stuffed animals were from The Dahlmans. Man I dont want to go back to work in the morning!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter