ºOº SSR Owners Pride & Countdown to Official Opening ºOº

I know how you are all feeling. I have spent the last month looking at photos of SSR over and over. We are going in July for 4 days only. It was a spur of the moment decission a while back. But we just couldnt resist. I got hooked on looking at photos of SSR every day instead of reading and posting on the boards.

"Oh how DVC changes your daily routines" LOL

I am anxiously awaiting any new pictures also. We purchased in September, so we only really saw the model and initial construction of the resort. It is fun watching it grow into something beautiful.

I am still trying to see if we can swing a trip before our AP's expire in September. Since we have a nice vacation planned at BWV in June/July, it will be tough. Maybe I can talk my hubby into it.

Vicki

we check in on may 17 what time would you say should check in 6.30am and try to be the first LOL
Paulh

I can't wait either!!! All these photos make me so happy we bought into the resort. Thankfully only 3 more weeks before we're back in Florida!!!!!

BarryB.

Just wanted to see the countdown again!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 17, 2004 8:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=3 face="Comic Sans MS, Arial" color=purple>:sunny:GRAND OPENING OF SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT & SPA in...:sunny:</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'SSR is officially open and we are PROUD to call this our new home!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

I can't believe in less than a month we'll be in our home away from home!

Another new SSR owner whose looking forward to seeing it with her own eyes. :D

Just looking at it from DTD got us excited. Wish we were staying there this trip. No doubt about it we will stay at SSR next trip.

:hyper:

Hello All,

I have been lurking for quite a while learning as much as I can from all the informative post.

I just got off the phone with my Vacation Club Guide and my paper work is on the way. I am about to become a owner at SSR.

I did give up my 250 points for 2004 as I already have a week booked at AKL the end of June.

Thanks to all again
Peter

Originally posted by Peteyi
I have been lurking for quite a while learning as much as I can from all the informative post.

I just got off the phone with my Vacation Club Guide and my paper work is on the way. I am about to become a owner at SSR.

party-smiley-004.gif
bek080.gif

"WELCOME HOME and to the DIS peteyi"!!!
trink39.gif

Originally posted by Peteyi

Welcome to the DIS!

Congrats on your new ownership! WELCOME HOME!

Owner's Pride here!! I can't wait to arrive 5/23, staying until 5/29 in a SSR 1 bdrm! I so need this vacation and couldn't be more thrilled with the pictures!

Posting again...

Someone mentioned they had only seen the model so the new pictures were really something.

Being one of the buyers in the very first unit, I never even saw the model. In fact, when I was down in June, BWV and BCV were being offered and SSR was on the horizon. There was no mention of SSR by my guide. I found out about SSR through these boards and then contacted my guide. Having bought site unseen, the newest photos are blowing me away!

I know what you mean, dc139. We bought in September - and then saw the models when we were down there in October. The place looks just great!

Originally posted by DrTomorrow
I know what you mean, dc139. We bought in September - and then saw the models when we were down there in October. The place looks just great!

Very similar to our experience. We started thinking DVC in 2001 but never really researched it much. After a terrible non-Disney vacation in August 03, we came home and immediately called our DVC rep, Julie Hughes (she's been super-friendly and knowledgable, BTW). Without seeing the models we purchased SSR in early September. It wasn't until December that I got to see the models in person. WOW! I was blown away by the colors, size, setup and theme.

THEN, everyone started posting pictures of the actual SSR in the past week and I am completely blown away by the photos. I think I'll probably CRY when I see it for myself at the end of this month!

I am so excited that half the time I could barely contain myself. :sunny: My coworkers are looking at my very strangely! Thank goodness a good friend of mine is DVC and shares my excitement -- and of course, thank goodness for all of you because you understand exactly how I feel! :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter