ºOº SSR Owners Pride & Countdown to Official Opening ºOº

CRSNDSNY

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone else felt the same excitement I'm feeling about the opening of SSR? :hyper:

The excitement is making my stomach do flip flops and seeing all these new and beautiful photos are really heightening all of my emotions for seeing our new home for the first time! :teeth: :goodvibes

Let's countdown to the grand opening of our newest DVC!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 17, 2004 8:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=3 face="Comic Sans MS, Arial" color=purple>:sunny:GRAND OPENING OF SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT & SPA in...:sunny:</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'SSR is officially open and we are PROUD to call this our new home!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

I think I'm just as excited as you, and we don't even own there! I love that we have another option and that ti looks so wonderful. I hope it lives up to the beautiful photos! :Pinkbounc :hyper:

Originally posted by lenshanem
I think I'm just as excited as you, and we don't even own there! I love that we have another option and that it looks so wonderful.

I agree with Shannon's post above (I corrected your spelling ;))..........we plan on switching our OKW reservations in Feb to SSR in July at the 7 month window. We will only be at SSR for 2 days before our cruise, but we can't wait to check it out!! ::yes::

Darn Nick! You caught me! Been awhile, huh? :teeth: Guess my spell checker didn't catch that one... :p

I'll count down with you!! 9 more days to opening!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

There is such a buzz about SSR right now with the open house, pending opening, and updated photo's that it was hard to pick a thread to respond to. CRSNDSNY, your subject title won me over, but I am thankful for all of the excellent posts, eyewitness updates, and photographs that have recently been contributed. I have to admit that our add on here was more of a calculated value decision than a heartfelt longing. When our guide promised us that if we purchased, she would guarantee that we would live another 50 years, it pretty much sealed the deal. She said that this is where Ponce de Leon would have bought had he ever found his fountain. (Only kidding Julie). Seriously, though our home will always be the VWL, the quality and variety of amenities recently revealed here have really surpassed my expectations. Somehow DVC has once again separated me from my money while leaving me with a big ol' smile on my face.

-Springs Gazer?!

Now that we've finally seen all of these great pictures, I'm definitely counting down the days...til it opens and til we get there!

The kids are so thrilled at the pictures. The playground is adorable! Personally, I'm thrilled that the pool slide isn't huge (or completely in the dark).

I've convinced DH that it makes sense for us to drive down a day early and stay somewhere cheap offsite so that we can have all day Sunday to hang around at SSR and explore. :) I'm afraid the kids won't want to go to the parks!

kweaver, where did you see a pic of the playground? I have only seen one pic labeled playground that was on All ears, but to be honest i couldn't make anything out.

There is a picture of it on the dvctalk yahoo group. The view is from the opposite side compared to the picture from allearsnet.com. It shows a blue spiral tube slide, but other than that you can't see much more that the other photo.

Looking at both of them, it looks like kids can climb up into both tower structures. I think I see a steering wheel peeking over the top of one opening, and a green ladder on the other side of the structure. Maybe the ladder is temporary and not part of the structure, though? Sand base (always fun) and plenty of benches around the area.

I hadnt really payed that much attention to it. But I looked the pictures yesterday it looks beautiful. I am debating about switching my Nov res to SSR.
Tara

I am sure the pictures do not even do the resort justice. If it looks this good in the pictures.....

I was excited before but now I absolutely cannot wait!

Originally posted by CRSNDSNY
I was wondering if anyone else felt the same excitement I'm feeling about the opening of SSR? :hyper:

The excitement is making my stomach do flip flops and seeing all these new and beautiful photos are really heightening all of my emotions for seeing our new home for the first time! :teeth: :goodvibes

Let's countdown to the grand opening of our newest DVC!

I'm with ya! At first I felt like "the ugly stepsister..." buying site unseen, a lot of "what's the draw?" comments, etc...well now after seeing the pictures I feel like Cinderella!

Seeing the newest photos has just put us over the edge as far as anticipating the opening! :bounce:

We've got just about 7 weeks to go before our 9-night stay and cannot wait. We were very happy about buying into SSR, but now, with the opening so close and seeing the newest photos, we know that we made a GREAT decision!

Originally posted by Divamomto3
...well now after seeing the pictures I feel like Cinderella!

front_pre_sz90_qt80.jpg

We switched our July reservations from OKW to SSR in February & I was worried about giving up all the OKW space. Now, after seeing those gorgeous pictures, I can't wait!!
The pool looks great, I'm thrilled that there's a Community Hall (miss that at BCV), and it looks like DS, 7, will go nuts over the arcade.....come on July!!!!!

:wave: I Am soooo happy to see all the photos and reviews. I feel we have a beautiful home resort. DH and I will be there in November. :D I'm going to see it in about two weeks even though I'll be staying at BWV.

Meg

We are excited owners even though we will not be staying at SSR until next spring

thanks
jaysue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter