~ºoº May 4, 2012 - Magic Heads to Key West! ºoº~

-- I just read that some of you booked the trolley tour in Key West and we are booked for that too so I was hoping that it would be OK to go to the meet and greet. It'd be nice to get to know other families who have more experience with Disney cruises.

Cathy,

You are more than welcome to join us at the meet up! Anyone can join us, even if you're not participating in the FE. I posted a map of Deck 3 where we will be meeting at 3:00! It's really easy to find, not far from the Atrium at all.

If you have any questions about a Disney Cruise, let us know! :yay:

Thanks for getting our family added to the spreadsheet link so quickly, Nick!!
I was starting to panic. :hyper: My boys have already helped me bag up all of our family's FE gifts and they are so excited! It would be so sad if they didn't receive any of their own.
So thanks again! :hug: Only 6 days left! :banana:

I was starting to panic. :hyper: My boys have already helped me bag up all of our family's FE gifts and they are so excited! It would be so sad if they didn't receive any of their own.

Amanda,

We are so excited as well! I am starting my packing list today because I don't want to forget anything My mother in law is making TShirts for the three of us on her embroidery machine! We've not been on the Magic before, just Wonder twice and the Dream once. Can't wait to meet your boys. I'm probably just as excited as they are! I'm a 25 year old young kid at heart. :thumbsup2

I do not know what happened! I know i put you on the excel file it must have not saved! I will email everyone this afternoon to make sure they are aware.

This is our first cruise and had no idea about FE until I found it on DCL tips and advice blog. From what I have read above we are way too late to join?:(

Cruising are DD8, DS1, my husband and myself.

Walkers, SR 6514

Welcome aboard!! :sail:
"Technically" it's too late to sign up for the FE but if you really have your heart set on it, have faith in a lil Disney magic! I've read many threads re: FE since our first cruise last year. Many DISers have extra gifts with them and they have been known to "share" a lil pixie dust with cabins not originally participating if they have some sort of FE hanging up. :wizard:
I know I have several extra gifts and I've also put together a few random goody bags to share w ppl who have decorated their door, ppl who are celebrating a special occasion, and who have some sort of FE collection device hanging from their fish. pirate:
My boys and I did this last year and it was great fun! I let them choose who got these extra "sprinklings" of magic! It was a heart warming experience that hopefully got others excited about doing an FE on their next sailing!
:tinker: So, I say, give in to the magic. At least you know you're guaranteed at least one gift from our family. :hug:

This is our first cruise and had no idea about FE until I found it on DCL tips and advice blog. From what I have read above we are way too late to join?:(

Walkers, SR 6514

Count another family in to add to your Disney Magic :goodvibes I have enough stuff to add your family :grouphug:

Walkers, SR 6514

The same thing happened to us. but if you want we can try to do between just our families. I have two daughters 4 and 1.

The same thing happened to us. but if you want we can try to do between just our families. I have two daughters 4 and 1.

Our family would love to include you, along with the Walker Family! I've still got a few extra FE's that need homes.
Just make sure to let me know your stateroom number! :thumbsup2

Thanks Linden Lady, tazgirl1981, nick and cek2005! We'll head out tomorrow for FE fillers. One quick Q on the chart, if the adults are listed, it means the adults have pockets on their FE as well? What is your stateroom # cek2005?

For those that still want to give an FE to our newcomers, I have updated the Excel file with WalkerFamily123 and CEK2005!
We're just waiting on CEK2005 to provide a stateroom number!

Refer to my post HERE for the Excel file

FANTASTIC, Nick!! :banana:

As for the Q on the FE: Just depends. Everyone's FE is different. From what I've seen, most often the adults do have their own pocket. If I run across a family with just a "children's" FE pocket, I just leave an "adult" gift in it and hope they figure it out. :rotfl2:
Additionally, if I just have one large "stateroom" gift (depending on time, group size, and amt of $) to give, I will usually have my boys just pick a pocket and drop it in!
There really are no "rules" to how your family does the FE. The main thing is just to give if you expect to receive. It's supposed to be fun! So, don't stress over it! I know we always appreciate the time, energy, and effort that goes in to ANYTHING we receive....
No matter how big or small, I'm in it for the magic!! :wizard:

Soooooo, is anyone else watching the weather with slight disappointment? Weather.com goes back and forth on whether or not it's going to rain or what percentage. Okay, I live in Miami and looking out my windows is like zero visability with rain rain rain!

My next plan is to let it go and realize we will have FUN FUN FUN no matter what. It's a Disney cruise, there will be plenty to do no matter what!!!

I have some plans for Key West (think :love:), so I'm hoping it will be decent weather that day. :)

Hello---so I purposely didn't sign up for FE because I wasn't sure what was going on and I'm still not sure....but I have to ask. I've been looking at some descriptions and ideas and what do people do if there are seriously 50+ people that sign up?

Do you give something to everyone each day, or do you just take one thing, or is it up to each person? I guess I thought of it as really overwhelming when also trying to plan a trip with two young kids, but maybe it's worth the fun in the end?

Just curious what your family does and how the little ones experience it. :)

We will also have a little extra pixie dust to spead around. I can't recreate what I've already made up for the initial list as there are a few handmade items. I just dont have time to go back to the craft store and sit down and make them. If there was more time I totally would. :worried:

As far as giving gifts (which is the best part)....I've made up a little bag for each cabin with something, hopefully, for everyone. I also have a few gifts for each of the kids which we will deliver separately over several days so the kids are surprised more often.

There are really no rules for FE, which is why it can seem overwhelming and confusing. I think everyone is a little nervous the first time, I know I was. What do I give? How much do I spend? Do I do one gift for the cabin? Do O personalize things? I say, just jump right in, you'll have fun and figure it out along the way! There is no judgement on gifts, as far as what is given, I think it is more about the act of giving and spreading the Magic! :wizard:

Hey I can't send pm so i will leave it hear. Dw heather. ,dh Joby , dd Vivian , dd Olivia ! Yeah! Just days left!

I really should start packing already and stop procrastinating and adding things to my ever growing list!

Does anyone else plan on visiting the fitness center? I just learned they offer spin classes, I LOVE LOVE LOVE spinning and do it 5 days a week here at home. I'm planning on bringing my cycle shoes and hit up a couple classes while onboard. Anyone else interested?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter