~ºoº May 4, 2012 - Magic Heads to Key West! ºoº~

Oh btw, in regards to meeting on the first day, where is the "promenade" on the ship? LOL This is only #2 for us, so we're still very new to DCL. :)

Promenade Lounge is basically right off the lobby on the third floor, where we will board. You will more than likely pass right by it on your way to lunch, especially if you head to Parrot Cay. :thumbsup2

This image will give you an idea of where the "Promenade Lounge" is located at.
It's located between the Lobby and Parrot Cay, near the Aft Elevator Lobby.

Deck 3 Map:
PromenadeLounge.jpg

Here is what it looks like:
PromenadeLoungePicture.jpg

So Parrot Cay will be open for lunch when we board? If so, what will be offered there?
What are the options for lunch on embarkation day?
(sitting here thinking gee I should know that) :confused3

Promenade Lounge is basically right off the lobby on the third floor, where we will board. You will more than likely pass right by it on your way to lunch, especially if you head to Parrot Cay. :thumbsup2

Great thanks. And Nick, thanks for the awesome visual, I'm all about the map and photo, it really helps. So excited!

So Parrot Cay will be open for lunch when we board? If so, what will be offered there?

Yes, Parrot Cay should be open for lunch. Parrot Cay is a "order off a menu" type place for lunch, also one of the dinner restaurants. Also Topsiders, a buffet, will be open for lunch on embarkation day. We usually go straight here once we board the ship because the staterooms don't open until 1. My wife and I prefer going here for lunch. You have the option to eat outside, depending on the day...

Has anyone received the FE list yet?

We leave this Sunday for Florida and I need it before then because I will not have access to a computer.

Thank you so much

Kimberly

We leave this Sunday for Florida and I need it before then because I will not have access to a computer.

Thank you so much

Kimberly

Kimberly, here is your answer:

ok guys I a working on the document but it won't be ready till I get back from vacation on Wednesday night, I just couldn't get it all done in time, I am so so sorry, but this should be enough info to get you started

10 families total (including yourself, so you would buy for 9)
4 boys
7 girls

4 cabins are adults only

when I get back and do the document I will need everyone to double check their info for me please to make sure it is all correct!

In the past, (last time I was on the Magic was September) both Parrot Cay and Topsidders were open for lunch. Both severed an American style buffet. Fruit, salads, carving station, other hot items like chicken and Mac & cheese, sandwiches, and of course several desserts to choose from. A little something for everyone, not too fancy but certainly cures the hunger pains.

Someone may have cruised more recently than I and may have more update information.

Thanks Nick,

Yeah, I saw that one....no cabin #'s. I guess Patricia will be sending that info out soon.

We are planning on meeting at 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge!

yes!!

Thank you so much

Kimberly

Hey sorry guys, like I said I was out of town until last night. I am working on the FE document as we speak. I will be e mailing it out to the addresses yall sent me.

If you have a cabin assignment change or something isn't right on the document please please e mail me back so I can fix it for everyone else. If your cabin changes when you check in, please come to the meet up at 3 and let everyone know so we know where to send your goodies!

Thanks, Nick and Monique, for the lunch info.
I guess we will see what strikes our fancy that day.
Outside could be nice, but staying on the level we board the ship sounds good too. :thumbsup2

ok e mail has been sent, please let me know if you don't get anything by this afternoon.

7 days till hubby and I head to FL! I am still doing laundry from getting back last night, ak!

Ok, Hubby and I will both have on white shirts with our names printed across the front, so be on the lookout and come say hi! It will also make it easier to spot us in the lounge at 3:00 :)

ok e mail has been sent, please let me know if you don't get anything by this afternoon.

Heather, thanks for your hard work in organizing all the info into once place!
I wanted to make it easy for us to access. I uploaded it to my Dropbox account so we can easily view the file from the thread.

Here is the document for all to view:
Excel File: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2214878/May2012Cruise/FishExtenderList.xlsx (Excel file)
PDF File: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2214878/May2012Cruise/FishExtenderList.pdf (PDF file)

On previous cruises many people enjoyed getting their items personalized with their names on them. If you would like to include your name for the list, please PM me (click the link) and I can update the Excel file above quickly. I have added the names that I know from your signatures here on the DIS. The Excel file also contains the image of Deck 3 where we will be meeting up at (in a separate tab)

Let me know if you have any questions!

PS. As of 1:00PM EST, no staterooms are available. Our cruise is officially sold out!

Heather, thanks for your hard work in organizing all the info into once place!
I wanted to make it easy for us to access. I uploaded it to my Dropbox account so we can easily view the file from the thread.

Here is the document for all to view:
Excel File: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2214878/May2012Cruise/FishExtenderList.xlsx (Excel file)
PDF File: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2214878/May2012Cruise/FishExtenderList.pdf (PDF file)

On previous cruises many people enjoyed getting their items personalized with their names on them. If you would like to include your name for the list, please PM me (click the link) and I can update the Excel file above quickly. I have added the names that I know from your signatures here on the DIS. The Excel file also contains the image of Deck 3 where we will be meeting up at (in a separate tab)

Let me know if you have any questions!

PS. As of 1:00PM EST, no staterooms are available. Our cruise is officially sold out!

Thanks to you as well for the name list...Sent you a PM of our names

Here is the link to a thread with the Navigators posted from the April 20, 2012 Magic 5 night cruise -

Hopefully, we will have better weather fortunes.

Thanks for the link! I've been watching for them. I'm also looking at the weather and keeping my fingers crossed. I can't imagine what a bummer that must have been.

I didnt receive an email but was able to open the link that was posted on here.
My family will be participating: Myself, DH, DS 8, and DS 10

Thanks for the FE updates Heather and Nick, especially the kids ages. That helps a lot. I'm off to pick up some more FE stuff!!! One more week guys!:banana:

Hi everyone,

My name is Cathy and we just booked this trip a few days ago. My husband and I have been on other cruises but it is our first one with the kids (4 and 1) and the first on Disney. Any suggestions or tips?

I was reading up on Disney cruises last night and found out that people decorate their doors with magnets and stuff. Where do you get them. I also see a lot of references to "EF" but I don't know what that is.

Anyway, we are super excited to go - well John and I are, we haven't told the girls yet :)

-Cathy

-- OK, so I just read up on the EF thing and I see that it I am waaaaaay too late for it. Pity, but I guess it will give us a reason to take a second cruise :)

-- I just read that some of you booked the trolley tour in Key West and we are booked for that too so I was hoping that it would be OK to go to the meet and greet. It'd be nice to get to know other families who have more experience with Disney cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter