~ºoº May 4, 2012 - Magic Heads to Key West! ºoº~

I need to stop shopping and start packing! I maybe working out, I'm bringing clothes to but I run and walk.

Sorry about that. Stateroom number is #7106 and the girls are Victoria 4 and Lizzie 1.

Thank you so much. You guys are amazing!

Sorry about that. Stateroom number is #7106 and the girls are Victoria 4 and Lizzie 1.

Thank you so much. You guys are amazing!

Cathy,

Besides your girls and you, anyone else traveling with you?
Don't want to assume since you have not mentioned.

Cathy,

Besides your girls and you, anyone else traveling with you?
Don't want to assume since you have not mentioned.

It's my husband John, our two girls Victoria (almost 5) and Lizzie (17 months), and myself.

We are so excited, Victoria got the phone call from Mickey on Saturday because we couldn't keep it a secret any longer.

It's my husband John, our two girls Victoria (almost 5) and Lizzie (17 months), and myself.

We are so excited, Victoria got the phone call from Mickey on Saturday because we couldn't keep it a secret any longer.

That's great to hear! Hope to see you at the DIS Meet & Greet at 3! I have information in my previous posts about the location.

We will also have a little extra pixie dust to spead around. I can't recreate what I've already made up for the initial list as there are a few handmade items. I just dont have time to go back to the craft store and sit down and make them. If there was more time I totally would. :worried:

As far as giving gifts (which is the best part)....I've made up a little bag for each cabin with something, hopefully, for everyone. I also have a few gifts for each of the kids which we will deliver separately over several days so the kids are surprised more often.

There are really no rules for FE, which is why it can seem overwhelming and confusing. I think everyone is a little nervous the first time, I know I was. What do I give? How much do I spend? Do I do one gift for the cabin? Do O personalize things? I say, just jump right in, you'll have fun and figure it out along the way! There is no judgement on gifts, as far as what is given, I think it is more about the act of giving and spreading the Magic! :wizard:

I'm the same way, I will have extra pixie dust for new cabins but not the same things as for the other cabins, b/c I got those done last week. (sorry newcomers yours won't be the same, but we had to do a cut off at some point I'm sure you understand. I know a couple of people/cabins left like on Sunday so they needed the list a week ago so they could get their gifts)

for whoever was asking about FE with 50 cabins, that was my dream cruise last year I think we had upper 40's. I had to do one smaller gift b/c I don't own a money tree haha. It also took me HOURS to walk all over the ship delivering! I much prefer it to be smaller like ours! :)

Getting excited, but I haven't packed a thing!

Heather you are so sweet. As newcomers it is just nice to be included. Especially because (at least in our case) it is our first time doing EF so anything at all will be super special - particularly with young children who don't have a reference point.

For example, we were originally planning to go to Hawaii on vacation and we told Victoria (4yo) that we were going to see a volcano. After we opted against it I promised her that we would still do something special. You know what her response was? "Something REALLY REALLY special? You mean like going to Olive Garden?"
See what I mean, you could give a child a diamond ring or a piece of lint and they think it is just as special. :)

Excited....FE gifts done!!! Whew it's been busy the past few weeks. Can't wait to sail the Disney Magic :)

Heather you are so sweet. As newcomers it is just nice to be included. Especially because (at least in our case) it is our first time doing EF so anything at all will be super special - particularly with young children who don't have a reference point.

For example, we were originally planning to go to Hawaii on vacation and we told Victoria (4yo) that we were going to see a volcano. After we opted against it I promised her that we would still do something special. You know what her response was? "Something REALLY REALLY special? You mean like going to Olive Garden?" See what I mean, you could give a child a diamond ring or a piece of lint and they think it is just as special. :)

That made me smile! My family is happy to include your family in the FE. If the Olive Garden (which my wife and I went to last night) is a special thing, I can't even begin to imagine what Victoria will think the cruise will be like. REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY special. :wizard:

We are JUST about done with our FE gifts! My wife and I got most of it done last night, just two more small things to do and they're done.

CEK2005, We hope to see you at the meet at 3:00! And if you have any questions, with being newcomers, please feel free to ask us here or at the meet, or even if you see us around the ship. :)

WE BOARD ON FRIDAY!! :banana:

Weather forecast is looking better every day!

We leave tomorrow to head to Orlando to spend the night. So excited!

Questions:

Corking fee--I've read $20 and I've read $50. Does anyone have any experience with this in the dining room?

Dining table--I realize that sometimes people share tables with others. Do you call and request to only have your cabin at the table or do you like sharing? Just curious. With six of us in the party, I'm assuming we will have our own table, but I will be checking once we get on board.

:banana: <----- my "it's almost time to cruise!" happy dance. :)

For example, we were originally planning to go to Hawaii on vacation and we told Victoria (4yo) that we were going to see a volcano. After we opted against it I promised her that we would still do something special. You know what her response was? "Something REALLY REALLY special? You mean like going to Olive Garden?"
See what I mean, you could give a child a diamond ring or a piece of lint and they think it is just as special. :)

That is too funny about Olive Garden! haha!
FE (fish extender is what it stands for) is really fun!

Quick reference for the weather.

Compiled from weather.com:
weather.jpg

weather looks great!

ok I probably won't check in again, we leave tomorrow!

PLEASE come to the meet up at 3:00 Friday, even if just for a minute. If you have a stateroom change you can tell us then, or text me (my number was in original e mail I sent)
Bobby and I will have on white T shirts with our names across the front. Come say hello!

see you all onboard!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the ship!

We are easy to spot. My dad is 60-something and tends to wander the ship just people watching, my cousin is a 20-something red head who will be cruising for the first time, and I'm a 30-something blonde in a mobility scooter (I have Muscular Dystrophy). We will do our best to make it to the meet up, at least I will but like I said one is a wanderer and the other will probably be too excited to explore the ship to stay in one place on the first day.

Safe travels to everyone! :moped:

I'll be the family with a chunky lil 3 1/2 month old baby girl and a skinny 7 year old hyper lil boy ;) can't wait to see everyone on the ship! Safe travels everyone!

So--it was nice meeting those families that we connected with! We had a great time and hope you did too. :)

So sorry I didn't get to meet our fellow homeschool family--I see you are in Miami too, what a small world!

Now I need to get busy plotting a way to sail out of Miami next spring. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter