~ºoº June 24, 2013 - Wonder in majestic Alaska! - 6/24/13 ºoº~

Less than 3 weeks to sign up for the FE Gift Exchange:

FE UPDATE April 23:

13 rooms

26 Adults

Teenagers 5 (Boy 13, Boy 14, Boy 15, Boy 17 & Girl 19)

8 Boys (1, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 11,11)

8 Girls (5, 6, 10, 10,10, 11, 11, 11)

Total # of people: 47

To Sign up Please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dC1UVVFiSnAxWnZjTDFOcVBLRDFuWXc6MQ#gid=0
** Last Day to Sign Up: May 10th **

-- To find out names, cabins and information about everyone that has signed up, click on Files on the right hand corner of your FB Wonder Alaska Cruise Page -- Some people have asked for this info to be able to personalize gifts.

We are so excited to be joining all of you for our family's first cruise! There will be myself (DW), DH, DD (14), and our twin daughters (10). We just signed up for the fish exchanger.

We have been on a few. We first cruised with DCL in 1999 when our youngest was 5. The only reason we didn't go sooner was because the Magic was late. We were booked to cruise at the end of May in 1998, but the ship wasn't finished on time.

Watching both of our kids grow up on Disney cruises, I would recommend that your daughter go to the age-appropriate club the first evening aboard and meet as many kids her own age as possible. Most of the other kids in the clubs are in the same boat, pun intended, as your daughter. Unless they brought a friend, they don't know anyone either.

I can't speak for your daughter, but by the second day both of our daughters had a group of grils that they were running with.

A few years ago I asked our youngest how she always managed to have an instant group. She told me just what I told you. She would go to the club early the first day before groups had already started to form. She understood that she was not the only one scared because she didn't know anyone, no one knew anyone and everyone was a little scared. She would look for a group of girls that she thought she would enjoy being with to start out. Some trips she had the same group all week, other trips the mix changed over the course of the week, but after every trip she has come home with email addresses, cell phone numbers to text and new people to "friend" on Facebook. The only way to meet others is to go to the age appropriate club.

Don't think we just sent our kids off to their areas and didn't do anything as a family. We required the girls to eat dinner with us every night. Each morning we would look at the navigator and pick out the activities we each wanted to do for the day. Sometimes the club has so much that's appealing it's hard to fit it all in and there were times she didn't want to leave the club when we went to pick her up, but those are good problems to have.

Bill & Laura

I'm the DD18 (but will be 19) on the cruise. And I just wanted to say that everything my dad said is true. Making the kids eat with you epically on the first, second cruise is super important. It allows that family bond.

You can ask my parents. I will not let us do different shore excursions because I believe those are a family thing. They started that by having our whole family do things together. Do have you kids go to their age appropriate club. (If you can sign them up while at the port that way the don't have to wait once they are on the ship.) the clubs activities are all about building friends. Even if your kids are shy they will have friends by the end of the cruise if they keep trying. I know from experience.

I hope this helped some people.

The 4boons DD.

Just a reminder, there are ONLY 2 days left to sign up for our Fish Extender Gift Exchange. Tomorrow at midnight will be the last day to sign up.

To Sign up Please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FuWXc6MQ#gid=0
** Last Day to Sign Up: May 10th **

-- To find out names, cabins and information about everyone that has signed up, click on Files on the right hand corner of your FB Wonder Alaska Cruise Page -- Some people have asked for this info to be able to personalize gifts.

I sent my FE info to you, but just in case, its:
Monica(mom)
Sophia (DD 25)
No cabin assigned yet
from California
I also requested to join your FB group. Thanks.
3rd Disney cruise, 1st to Alaska:banana:

Thank you travel4fun :) I've got it and you've been added! Glad you are joining us!

Our FE Gift Exchange is now --> CLOSED <---

FE FINAL UPDATE:

16 rooms

32 Adults

Teenagers 6 (Boy 13, Boy 14, Girl 14, Boy 15, Boy 17 & Girl 19)

9 Boys (1, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 11,11,12)

10 Girls (5, 6, 10, 10,10, 10,10, 11, 11, 11)

Total # of people: 57

-- To find out names, cabins and information about everyone that has signed up, click on Files on the right hand corner of your FB Wonder Alaska Cruise Page -- Some people have asked for this info to be able to personalize gifts. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO OPEN THE FILE ON FACEBOOK please send me an email to Catabohorquez (at) hotmail (dot) com and I will gladly send you the finalized list --

**** Please double check your information and if anything has changed be sure to update the FILE or let me know and I will update it. *****

Well guess that's a few things I can take out of the "ready to pack" bag. Not sure if I'm :) or :sad2:

Well guess that's a few things I can take out of the "ready to pack" bag. Not sure if I'm :) or :sad2:

Gretchen,

I agree! I was a bit disappointed when I heard there was not going to be a Pirate Night in Alaska (This is my 1st cruise) but it just gave me another reason to convince my husband to book another one :).

I'm hoping the Pixar Pal Party is good. I am looking forward to reading reviews folks going before us post here on the DisBoards before we sail :)

If you are participating in the FE Gift Exchange please be sure to double check the list.

There were 2 ppl added to a cabin that was already signed up .... Just in case you have extras or you feel inclined to make 2 more FE gifts :)

The list can be accessed via the Closed FB group

Counting the days down ....

FINAL FE EXCHANGE COUNT - CLOSED

16 cabins + 1 Late addition = 17 cabins

32 Adults + 3 late additions = 35 adults

Teenagers 6 (Boy 13, Boy 14, Girl 14, Boy 15, Boy 17 & Girl 19)

9 Boys + 1 Late Addition = 10 BOYS (1, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 11,11,12)

10 Girls (5, 6, 10, 10,10, 10,10, 11, 11, 11)

** LATE ADDITIONS:

3 adults & Male 24yrs -functions around 4-5 yrs **

Total # of people: 57 + 4 LATE additions: 61 people

-- To find out names, cabins and information about everyone that has signed up, click on Files on the right hand corner of your FB Wonder Alaska Cruise Page -- Some people have asked for this info to be able to personalize gifts. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO OPEN THE FILE HERE ON FACEBOOK please PM here on FB or send me an email to Catabohorquez (at) hotmail (dot) com and I will gladly send you the finalized list --

**** Please double check your information and if anything has changed please update the FILE or let me know and I will update it. *****

**If you signed up prior to the deadline of May 10th, please do not feel obligated to create these extra gifts, however, if you are inclined to spread extra magic I am sure our Late additions will appreciate it**

Hi everyone,
We just got our room assigned :thumbsup2. We are in cabin 7604:cool1: The 4 of us are super excited to be sailing to Alaska. See you all in 14 days :yay:
Monica, Sophia, Lydia and Aaron :wave2:

I just booked this cruise for my kids (DS 12, DD 11) and I. This will be my 3rd trip on the Wonder to Alaska. The whole family went in 2011 and DH and I went for our anniversary last year. We have done a few excursions and they were all great. I am looking forward to a relaxing week and spending quality time with my kids - if they don't ditch me for new friends made on board!!
Jennifer

Hi all! we just got off the June 3-10 Alaskan cruise and it was an AMAZING trip. You will have a great trip! I'm asking a favor. We collected the free coins at the 3 ports but didn't have time to grab 1 in Juneau. If anyone would be able and willing to do this, my 9 year old special needs son would be eternally grateful. It's at stop 4 on the map in the coupon book they give out at most of the shops, Juneau Trading Company the Moose coin. I will pay for shipping but it should fit in an envelope. Anyone able? I can PM my info. Thanks and have a great vacation!!!

Sqektoy, has anyone volunteered to help yet? My husband and I plan on making Juneau a shop stop so we can search out the coin for you.

Has anyone inquired about what movies they will be playing? I tried to call but it's Sat, no one is there. I know Monster's University opens on the 21st, but I was curious about The Lone Ranger which opens a day or 2 after we get off. Just WONDERing. Leavin in 4 days YEAH :tigger: :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter