~ºoº June 24, 2013 - Wonder in majestic Alaska! - 6/24/13 ºoº~

My DD(21) will be going along. Can't say we are dragging her. She is more of the ring leader.

Looking so forward to this cruise.

Becky

We can't offer a 21-year-old, but our DD age 19 will be aboard. This is the first time she'll have outgrown the kids/teen programs (which she loved!) and eligible for programming geared to college-age.

Hi everyone! My daughter will be crusing with my parents (Grandad & Grandma) and is very excited. I wasn't invited ;) but I wanted to join the boards so that I can keep them informed. I sent a FB request as well. I will also sign them up for the Fish Extender Exchange once I get their cabin info. I know they are going to have a magical experience!!! Please let me know all the tips and secrets. :)

Hi everyone! My daughter will be crusing with my parents (Grandad & Grandma) and is very excited. I wasn't invited ;) but I wanted to join the boards so that I can keep them informed. I sent a FB request as well. I will also sign them up for the Fish Extender Exchange once I get their cabin info. I know they are going to have a magical experience!!! Please let me know all the tips and secrets. :)

Welcome to your parents and daughter. We will be sailing with our daughter, but I assume at 19 our dd is older.

Something we learned in 2011 is that the weather in Alaska is very unpredictable and you need to be flexible.

Have fun helping your family plan their trip.

Bill

Welcome to your parents and daughter. We will be sailing with our daughter, but I assume at 19 our dd is older.

Something we learned in 2011 is that the weather in Alaska is very unpredictable and you need to be flexible.

Have fun helping your family plan their trip.

Bill
My daughter is 11 and she is most excited to go down the big slide that she saw on the TV commercial for this trip! We have never cruised before and have no idea what to expect. She's only a little spoiled by her grandparents :) I wondered what the weather was like, I will be sure to pack her layers so that she can be prepared for whatever. Thanks for the info!

We have never cruised before and have no idea what to expect.

We have been on a few. We first cruised with DCL in 1999 when our youngest was 5. The only reason we didn't go sooner was because the Magic was late. We were booked to cruise at the end of May in 1998, but the ship wasn't finished on time.

Watching both of our kids grow up on Disney cruises, I would recommend that your daughter go to the age-appropriate club the first evening aboard and meet as many kids her own age as possible. Most of the other kids in the clubs are in the same boat, pun intended, as your daughter. Unless they brought a friend, they don't know anyone either.

I can't speak for your daughter, but by the second day both of our daughters had a group of grils that they were running with.

A few years ago I asked our youngest how she always managed to have an instant group. She told me just what I told you. She would go to the club early the first day before groups had already started to form. She understood that she was not the only one scared because she didn't know anyone, no one knew anyone and everyone was a little scared. She would look for a group of girls that she thought she would enjoy being with to start out. Some trips she had the same group all week, other trips the mix changed over the course of the week, but after every trip she has come home with email addresses, cell phone numbers to text and new people to "friend" on Facebook. The only way to meet others is to go to the age appropriate club.

Don't think we just sent our kids off to their areas and didn't do anything as a family. We required the girls to eat dinner with us every night. Each morning we would look at the navigator and pick out the activities we each wanted to do for the day. Sometimes the club has so much that's appealing it's hard to fit it all in and there were times she didn't want to leave the club when we went to pick her up, but those are good problems to have.

Bill & Laura

We are getting closer to the time when we can start booking excursions, Palo, and spa. What is everyone thinking of booking?

in 2011 we booked the following:

Skagway - "Dog Sledding and Glacier Flightseeing" - canceled due to weather
and "Adventure Park and Zip Lines"

Juneau - "Extended Helicopter Glacier Trek" *this was the highlight of the trip

Ketchikan - "Misty Fjords Boat and Floatplane Adventure"

for 2013 we are looking at booking:

Skagway - "Grizzly Falls Zip Lining Expedition"

Juneau - "Extended Helicopter Glacier Trek"

Ketchikan - "Adventure Kart Expedition"

Palo on the night of Tracy Arm Fjord.

What are you looking at booking?

Bill

Joining the thread as we will be on board. :cool1:

This will be our 3rd DCL cruise (well, 4th, since we did back to back on the Dream after it started sailing), but 1st to Alaska. Needing tips for packing and excursions!

My oldest picked this trip because, at 11, he is excited about being old enough for the tween club! We'll also have another son, 9, and daughter, 5.

I've been looking into the fish extenders, and think this is something we'd all enjoy. So, I'll be singing up for that, as well as the FB group.

Thanks so much!

Does anyone know what characters will be on board? I was told to ask about a "Navigator"? Does anyone have that info?

Will you send out a list for the FE before May 1st so we can be sure we are on it. I'm new to this LOL and not very tech savvy

Will you send out a list for the FE before May 1st so we can be sure we are on it. I'm new to this LOL and not very tech savvy

UPDATE 2/25

8 rooms

17 Adults

5 Boys (1, 8, 9, 11, 14)

4 Girls (5, 6, 10, 11)

To Sign up Please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dC1UVVFiSnAxWnZjTDFOcVBLRDFuWXc6MQ#gid=0
** Last Day to Sign Up: May 10th **

Have you sent in your info?
I found a list on the facebook page.

Bill

Stayed up late even though working tomorrow, but got most of what we wanted. Expected the "Disney Exclusive" dog sledding to be sold out, and of course it was, but got another that I hope we'll all still enjoy.
Add in Palo and the spa... :cool1: Not looking forward to the bill :eek:
Time for bed! :goodvibes

gretelg3, You've been added :) Are you on the FB group? We've posted all of the info there since it is a closed group. You can see names, cabin #s etc. If you are not on FB let me know and I will get it to you by email :)

Ktalina

Can someone please accept my friend rquest so that I can also keep up with the fish extender list. Thanks!

We are getting so excited for Alaska! We are booking excursions on Tuesday. What is everyone booking? :)

We are super excited too! We booked a Glacier Walk, Whale Watching Quest, Liarsville and Lumberjack show :). Of course we also booked Palo!

What did you end up booking? :)

Less than 1 month to sign up for the FE Gift Exchange:

FE UPDATE April 11:

11 rooms

22 Adults

Teenagers (Boy 14, Girl 19)

7 Boys (1, 7, 8, 9, 11, 11,11)

7 Girls (5, 6, 10, 10,10, 11, 11)

Total # of people: 38

To Sign up Please fill out this form:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dC1UVVFiSnAxWnZjTDFOcVBLRDFuWXc6MQ#gid=0
** Last Day to Sign Up: May 10th **

-- To find out names, cabins and information about everyone that has signed up, click on Files on the right hand corner of your Facebook Wonder Alaska Cruise Page or email me at Catabohorquez (at) hotmail (dot) com -- Some people have asked for this info to be able to personalize gifts.

This will be our first Disney Cruise! So excited!
DH can't go, so will be myself, DD7, and DS5. My parents will be across the hall.
Want to do FE; I'm sure my kids would love it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter