ºoº Dapper with Duffy: A Delicious Disney Adventure!!!!! - Updated 3/7

Hello friends!

I've had a craaaazy week since getting back to the real world and going back to work! OMG so much to do and so many things that sadly didn't get done while I was at Disney :(

But! I wanted to take a few mins to greet you all and thank you for joining us. Writing a TR is a lot of fun because we get to relive all our adventures at our happy place :)

I hope you continue to read on and forgive me for not making specific comments to all of you, I'll try to do that over the weekend :)

YAY FOR REUNIONS!! So exciting!!

Oooo Chris's fabric looks great! By being a FB and Insta friend I know if Ana was successful or not but I won't spoil it for everyone else :rotfl:

Great start! So excited for more updates!
Everything is so exciting!!!! That first day was just like, an excitement high hahha. and hehehe ty for no spoilers :angel:

Yay the gangs all here!

your all so adorable!

I also spy a Tsum Tsum Minnie on the sewing table!!! can't wait to see the vest!
we were so excited to be together again! and hahaha omg, I didn't even notice that! my roommates and I are kind of obsessed with tsum tsums....they're everywhere in my house.....

First, I have to say again that I love that you're all writing this together. So interesting to get different perspectives of the same events. Though I may create a cheat sheet so I remember who's color is who's, lol. I'm good so far though.

Awww, I love the we-sie picture sent to Sarah. That must have REALLY gotten the excitement level up.

Ahhh Target just fascinates me. I couldn;t wait to visit Target years ago because we didn't have one and they seem so popular. They only came to Canada around a year ago and just have not caught on at all. So funny that it's so popular in States.

I totally get all the tears. It must have been so exciting to finally be starting the trip. :goodvibes
aww, thank you! We are so excited to write it together! I think it will help us actually finish it this time, haha :rolleyes:

yesssss Target is a BIG DEAL to us, I was so excited to show Ana our true love ::yes::

Not sure if I can keep up with all the characters, but I'll do my best.:thumbsup2

Having had a traditional Costa Rican breakfast since my honeymoon in 2002. Guess I could have that at home.:rotfl2:

Looks like a fun bunch, can't wait to see what happens.popcorn::
welcome!!! and haha don't worry, it will get easier to remember who is who with time :goodvibes

Joining in on the fun!

Love that all 3 of you are writing this TR, this sounds like it shall be very entertaining.

Great start so far, can't wait to read more!
welcome!! glad to have you ^_^

Great Start! Arrival days are always the best of a vacation!

Flight delays are the worst, especially if its a flight to Disney.

The fact that Ana has never been to Target made me gasp! She hasn't seen the light of Target :D

Looking forward to the next installment :)
hahah I know right! It's so weird to think that people have never been there when we literally go there like..twice a week hahah

also, I will have you all know that Ana is on a camping trip this weekend and won't be back til Monday, so our next trip report installment is coming soon but may be a bit shorter than a normal update :upsidedow stay tuned!!

"My Waffles Got 112 Likes!!"
Day 2: September 23

Today was the day...our first official park day, that is! It was finally time for all our planning and spreadsheets to come to life and for us to actually DO all the fun things we were looking forward to so much :)

We had quite a bit planned for our very first park day!! We got up around 9 to get ready to head over to Art of Animation for breakfast. Today we will be visiting AK and AoA is close by, so we thought this would be a good opportunity to stop by Landscape of Flavors for a quick and FUN breakfast :goodvibes

Kaela & I both got character waffles (Kaela made a special request for the ARIEL waffles OBVIOUSLY).
YES I DID!!! I was not about to go up there and wait in line and get stuck with a Cars waffle. I needed my girl.

15415131012_6c013fbefd.jpg

when I posted this pic on instagram it got 112 likes. 112!!! for some waffles!?!??!

I got the kids waffles as well, and mine were Dory/Nemo and Simba/Nala character waffles.

15268865868_616b6f6402.jpg

Sarah and I are both not huge fans of breakfast food, so the kids’ breakfast portion was more than enough for us. and with my CM discount it cost me less than $5!!! :thumbsup2

I’m not a huge fan of meats with my breakfast so I asked to get the french toast with eggs instead of meat. The CMs were super nice about it and made the switch for me. And I looooove a nice smoothie for breakfast so I tried the Create Your Own Smoothie station here.

10:29am @snowweisz_: Nom nom #zipadeedisney breakfast @ Art of Animation with @xo_kaela @wreckitsarah

(in case you didn’t know already, #zipadeedisney was our hashtag for this trip! but don’t search it on instagram or twitter if you don’t want spoilers ;))

15455479725_6408ef1440.jpg

Ana’s breakfast!

15392429076_a93090ca66.jpg

in her quest for great photography, Ana was like “hey Sarah can you move your head out of the way” lmao this pic captures that

We had a relaxing and delicious breakfast, followed by the classic photography session in the lobby. Kaela and I took selfies:
15415475515_b50abf9143_z.jpg

and also creeped on Ana while she took classy photos of the lobby.
15228792410_3d23a46378.jpg

15455134562_5d63824885.jpg

this one’s a bit blurry but I love it anyway!

ALSO THIS AMAZING THING HAPPENED:

11:38am @xo_kaela: he lives in you is playing in the art of animation lobby THIS IS AMAZING

nonchalantly chillin in the lobby and listening to the jammin tunes and “He Lives in You” from Lion King on Broadway starts playing and I FREAKED OUT!!! I didn’t know that was on their soundtrack and I got SO EXCITED it was the coolest thing ever haha

Anyway, here are some of the photos Ana took on her fancy camera that morning:
6M8XEwj.png

oh oh! and since it was the first day of our vacation, we decided to all wear our Minnie ears!​
slx3a2R.jpg

That’s all for today friends! Just a short update for now, and in the next one we’ll be headed out to our FIRST PARK OF THE TRIP!!! Animal Kingdom, here we come for a wild time! :flower3:

Those waffles look amazing!!! I would have definitely requested Ariel and Nemo ones…though I would love Simba ones too. No Cars for me :eek:

HA the life of an Internet celeb…people love dem waffles.

You guys are so adorable in your Minnie ears!!

Can't wait to see how your first park day goes!!!

OK... Beep Beep Beep... Back up the truck. They have ARIEL WAFFLES????? I did NOT know that but I am getting me some next trip. ::yes::

Of course it got 112 likes. It's an Ariel waffle. :cool1:

First full day... Minnie Ears... Yup, that sounds about right.

They have Nemo waffles?!?! Since when did that happen???? I need to make a visit to AOA in the near future.

I just recently saw the Lion King on Broadway and I love the music from it more than the movie. I guess I really need to visit AOA

Looking forward to your full day at Animal Kingdom!

First time at Target what?! I live between a Super Target and then a normal Target. Each are about 1 mile away from our house on either side. Target is trouble for me. Is that a basket though? It looks so strange!

Haha I'm guilty of "liking" the waffles. Come on, they're magical!

We loved hearing all the songs in the AOA main hall. It was cool to hear all the different versions.

Looks like a great first night/day girls! Can't wait for more!

LMAO I'm dying at everyone's reaction so far to the character waffles. Highly recommended!!! When we were in line for them, they looked a little crispier than I usually enjoy my waffles but they were actually super light and fluffy. Delicious. Head over to AoA next time you can!!

Those waffles look amazing!!! I would have definitely requested Ariel and Nemo ones…though I would love Simba ones too. No Cars for me :eek:

You guys are so adorable in your Minnie ears!!
You will never see me eat a Cars waffle :mickeybar
and thank you!

First full day... Minnie Ears... Yup, that sounds about right.
I was quite happy to be back in Disney with my Minnie Ears on all day!! I wish I could wear them at home...

They have Nemo waffles?!?! Since when did that happen???? I need to make a visit to AOA in the near future.

I just recently saw the Lion King on Broadway and I love the music from it more than the movie. I guess I really need to visit AOA
Definitely visit! We haven't stayed there (we don't really need a suite & TLM rooms seem to be excluded from most discounts womp) but we have visited it on each of our trips. It's seriously beautiful, I kinda get emotional just being in that lobby with all the art and the music........ ok thats enough :rolleyes1

Haha I'm guilty of "liking" the waffles. Come on, they're magical!

We loved hearing all the songs in the AOA main hall. It was cool to hear all the different versions.
LOL I'm also guilty. It was a very pretty picture! My waffles were sadly not quite as pretty and photogenic, probably because the lady didn't offer me fruit like she did Kaela, and I'm also not working with a fancy new iphone 6! :cutie:

Joining in :)

Reunions between friends are the best, no matter what time of day it is.

I'll ignore the Cars slight even though it's one of my favorite movies ;) I'd be happy to gobble up a Cars waffle.

Seems like you're off to a good start and you all look very fab in your Minnie Ears.

Reunions between friends are the best, no matter what time of day it is.

I'll ignore the Cars slight even though it's one of my favorite movies ;) I'd be happy to gobble up a Cars waffle.

Seems like you're off to a good start and you all look very fab in your Minnie Ears.

Welcome Amber!!

Reunions really are the best. I'm in dire need of planning a new trip so I can begin counting down to the next time I can be with Kaela and Ana :c

And don't worry, I don't foresee any more Cars slights, even though it's really not any of our faves. And even a Cars waffle must be delicious!

princess:

Make your own smoothies??? How did I miss that? What kind did you get?

I missed it my first time too! And the best part is that it's available all day, not just for breakfast.

They have a few bases and there are several smoothie combinations already on the menu but I chose create my own.
They start it with a base always and so I started mine with the tropical fruit base. Then I added my fav smoothie combination which is pineapple and strawberry.
It was an okay smoothie. I'm too much of a smoothie snob tho lol because I get really, really good ones at home.
But it was nice, icy and fresh on a hot Disney morning so I would def rec it!

the waffle fangirling is giving me LIFE because everything you guys are saying is literally representative of how excited we were to be eating them hahah

Of course it got 112 likes. It's an Ariel waffle. :cool1:
right? two of the best things in life combined into one. now if they made Ariel french toast I would be set for LIFE :hyper:

I loooove Art of Animation! it's up there in my top "I need to stay here someday" places but like Sarah said, I don't get a CM discount on the Little Mermaid rooms which is where I would really wanna stay. someday I will do it though!
and omg YAY for TLK on broadway :lovestruc it was my first broadway show and holds a special place in my heart. I love it so much!

First time at Target what?! I live between a Super Target and then a normal Target. Each are about 1 mile away from our house on either side. Target is trouble for me. Is that a basket though? It looks so strange!
hahaha yes it was a basket, I took it from the top angle so it does look misshapen haha. and I know the feeling...I can't walk out of Target without at LEAST getting a starbucks so it is definitely trouble for me too!

We haven't stayed there (we don't really need a suite & TLM rooms seem to be excluded from most discounts womp) but we have visited it on each of our trips.
let's find 4 more friends and get a LK suite next time IMO

Welcome!! glad to have you following along with us :wizard:

--------------------

Also friends, after we posted the last update we realized that we forgot to include this glorious gem of a photo and I really wanted to put it here -
15228722359_57899cbd11_z.jpg

can you spot the Sarah in this pic? she's there, I promise. idk why this pic is so hilarious but it just makes me crack up lol

Another cool thing I wanted to share: so Chris and I are gonna be celebrating our anniversary in December and wanted to do something special...so last night we booked a ROYAL ROOM at Port Orleans for two nights for a little staycation!!!!!! I am SO excited, this was right up there on my list of resorts I wanted to stay in (the royal room especially!), and we even got garden view because upgrading was only $6! :upsidedow and the best part of all - we're getting red and green magicbands because it's the week before Christmas :santa: I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!

ok, ty for your time, back to your regularly scheduled trip report~

we stayed in AoA and never had the breakfast!!!
Well probably we were CONSTANTLY late...

LOVE all the pictures! the minnie ears are perfect for you all and of course i am a Tsum Nut too! I want all the mini snow white ones.. the dwarfs are just SOOOOOOO cute!

Okay seriously those character waffles are so stinking awesome, I don't even care who is on them! My kids would freak, totally adding this as a must do! Thank you!

Love the triple Minnie ears, so adorable.

Can't wait to hear about your first park day.

Haha tricky tricky Sarah...that pic is too funny!

Early Anniversary congrats :thumbsup2, how exciting about your upcoming staycation! Love that the magic bands will be Christmas colors. So awesome!!!

Oh, this sounds like fun! I'm in!!! (Followed the link in Kaela's signature from Shannon's and my Two DIS Princesses PTR - thanks for posting there, Kaela!)

I followed a link in someone else's TR to get over here... love that you're all posting together!

And... add me to the list of people LOVING those waffles! I had no idea!!!

LOVE all the pictures! the minnie ears are perfect for you all and of course i am a Tsum Nut too! I want all the mini snow white ones.. the dwarfs are just SOOOOOOO cute!
They're so cute :3 The Snow White ones were released while we were down there & Kaela's roommates went to go get all of them the DAY OF because they are so obsessed lol. I actually just ordered my first tsum! :O It's a medium sized Marie, I can't wait til she arrives

Sounds like the start of a fun trip report! Joining in!
Hooray!! :hug: Welcome along !

Haha tricky tricky Sarah...that pic is too funny!
LOL what really happened was that the air mattress was deflating... so I kinda sunk in and I guess it was hard to tell I was there under the blankets :cool2:

Oh, this sounds like fun! I'm in!!! (Followed the link in Kaela's signature from Shannon's and my Two DIS Princesses PTR - thanks for posting there, Kaela!)
Hi!!! Ooooh, I'll have to go check it out! Kaela has great taste in TRs, whenever I follow her to one it ends up being a great read :love:

I followed a link in someone else's TR to get over here... love that you're all posting together!

And... add me to the list of people LOVING those waffles! I had no idea!!!
Hello khaleesi! Glad you're here :3 Hopefully posting together will work out well!

I can't get over how much everyone LOVES these waffles!!! Its cracking me up

We're slowly working on our next update! We've got a lot written for it so far, but it still needs some fine tuning! Look for that within the next few days, hopefully life will allow us to put the finishing touches on the next post soon! :bitelip:

I just ordered another Japan exclusive one yesterday.....it's become an unhealthy addiction hahaha

Sounds like the start of a fun trip report! Joining in!
welcome!!! glad to have you! :3

Early Anniversary congrats :thumbsup2, how exciting about your upcoming staycation! Love that the magic bands will be Christmas colors. So awesome!!!
thank you!! we're so excited, I can't wait to stay in a princess room princess:

oh yay hi!!! welcome, so glad you're here to follow along :)

welcome welcome!! lovely to see you here ^_^

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter