“What?! No! That’s Crazy!” Feb 16 - 21, 2014 (Complete)

Haha, I knew I saw that gif recently. :thumbsup2

Oh my, I'm a pretty easy going person, but I would have been pretty, um, livid if I was told to go to the back of a line like that. Good on those two boys. Guest delivered pixie dust is pretty awesome too.

You are just not having much luck in the Kingdom. I had hoped the FP+ queue growing pains would have lessoned by now. :confused3

I totally get what you're saying in regards to Adam and Elsa, Ariel, Rapunzel, etc. But... for the record I have no interest in meeting "Adam". :laughing:

You are the second person to compliment Santos in the trip reports that I have read! It makes me really want to go to POFQ to meet him! He sounds awesome. I am enjoying your trip report so far! I can't wait to read more!

Wow, you were just not having the luck with people that day. Between the CM with the line and the people who edged your mom out of her spot. I'm sorry, that's super unfortunate.

Also, we had the same FP+ situation a couple of times during our trip. It's certainly unfortunate.

Right on with you about the ending of the movies being what should be represented in the park. Like, come on.

But that is a great picture of you and your mom :)

Good golly it sounds like a crazy crowd level. Yikes! That FP+ line for Jungle Cruise is nuts!
Ohhhh I hate hate hate when lines are not clearly marked out, so people get into a jumble, then you find out that the line you thought you were standing in is really not a line at all... :headache: Glad the young men next to you let you in, how nice of them.
I LOVED BOG! The atmosphere and the food (I'm starting to think I was spellbound by the room though, I'm the only person I know who liked the food. :confused3 :lmao: )

I absolutely LOVE Mom's face with the gargoyle thing! Precious! We had gone to BOG for lunch and we were disappointed with the food as well. I think I was just expecting more. Oh, what a handsome BEAST he is!! And very charming! Yep, we experienced crazy lines during our March trip. Ugh! That's why we are going back in September.....with crowd calendar days being 1 to 4!!! Ah, Heaven!!! ;)

Isn't she a hoot with the faces she makes? That pic is her avatar on my phone now, LOL!

I wonder if the food is just hit or miss? I dunno, Totally worth it to see the Beast though. And I hope the crowds in October when I'm there are LOW LOW LOW LOW!!!

oh gosh - that just sounds crazy with all the people and the not moving and the heat and the what not!

That is crazy that you weren't going to get your ice cream. I would have been all "um, so I just imagined all the people getting ice cream here for the last 20 mins?!?!?!?" - glad you did get it in the end though and the coffee float sounds amazing!

Sorry the food wasn't better at BOG. I am still trying to get a dinner ADR there for our next trip but thinking I might just stick with lunch as, for a QS, I thought the lunch food there was quite good!

It was definitely less than ideal. :eek: And the coffee float was AMAZING! Especially after I almost didn't get it! And I want to try lunch at BOG and see if I like it better!

Haha, I knew I saw that gif recently. :thumbsup2

Oh my, I'm a pretty easy going person, but I would have been pretty, um, livid if I was told to go to the back of a line like that. Good on those two boys. Guest delivered pixie dust is pretty awesome too.

You are just not having much luck in the Kingdom. I had hoped the FP+ queue growing pains would have lessoned by now. :confused3

I totally get what you're saying in regards to Adam and Elsa, Ariel, Rapunzel, etc. But... for the record I have no interest in meeting "Adam". :laughing:

Hey, at least I gave credit on the gif. ;)

I was about to lose my mind. I'm so glad those boys were as nice as they were - I honestly think I like guest delivered pixie dust more! It's unexpected. :wizard:

I do love FP+, but they still have a lot of kinks to work out.

And I can respect not wanting to meet Adam. :rotfl2:

You are the second person to compliment Santos in the trip reports that I have read! It makes me really want to go to POFQ to meet him! He sounds awesome. I am enjoying your trip report so far! I can't wait to read more!

Santos made such an impression that I might stop by POFQ and say hi next trip even though I'm not staying there! And I'm glad you are enjoying the TR. I'm happy to have you!

Wow, you were just not having the luck with people that day. Between the CM with the line and the people who edged your mom out of her spot. I'm sorry, that's super unfortunate.

Also, we had the same FP+ situation a couple of times during our trip. It's certainly unfortunate.

Right on with you about the ending of the movies being what should be represented in the park. Like, come on.

But that is a great picture of you and your mom :)

Yeah, people kind of sucked in general this day, with the exception of Santos and those boys!

I really hope they straighten out the FP+ queues at some point!

It is a great pic. I adore it. :goodvibes And for real - reflect the way the movies end!!!

Good golly it sounds like a crazy crowd level. Yikes! That FP+ line for Jungle Cruise is nuts!
Ohhhh I hate hate hate when lines are not clearly marked out, so people get into a jumble, then you find out that the line you thought you were standing in is really not a line at all... :headache: Glad the young men next to you let you in, how nice of them.
I LOVED BOG! The atmosphere and the food (I'm starting to think I was spellbound by the room though, I'm the only person I know who liked the food. :confused3 :lmao: )

It was crazy! I don't usually walk away from lines, but there was no way!

And you so clearly explained the idiocy that was that line! All I wanted was my ice cream, LOL!!!

I'm not sure you'd notice if the food was bad - you are too busy taking pics! :rotfl:;)

Day 3, Part 2: Who is Prince Adam?

Now, this is always something that's bothered me a little. At the end of Beauty and the Beast, the Beast has been transformed... that's sort of the point. And yet... the Beast roams the park. And Ariel is in her fin. And Rapunzel has long hair. And Anna has the white streak.

I so agree with you! It drives me crazy that rapunzel has long hair ( and its blonde) its like the movie never happened! Also Ariel's fin and the Beast well staying the beast is just inconsistent.

I am really enjoying your report!

I so agree with you! It drives me crazy that rapunzel has long hair ( and its blonde) its like the movie never happened! Also Ariel's fin and the Beast well staying the beast is just inconsistent.

I am really enjoying your report!

Glad I'm not alone on that one! And that you're enjoying the report! :goodvibes

Day 4, Part 1: Why yes, that is ice cream in my coffee.

We once again woke up stupidly early, although not quite early enough for rope drop. We still made good time to MK, even though I was moving a little slow. I had started feeling stuffy the night before, and wasn't feeling so hot this morning. I stuffed some cough drops in my purse, crossed my fingers that it was just allergies, and we were soon at MK!

Since we had failed in our Jungle Cruise mission the day before, we started there! The queue was already about 20 minutes, but that was fine.

Yes, we're on Jungle Cruise, I promise. That's the dock behind us.

We had a GREAT tour guide. Possibly the driest delivery I've ever experienced on JC. He was a lot of fun!

If memory serves we rode Jungle Cruise, then Pirates, and then wanted something more substantial than the granola bars and bananas we'd had earlier, so we went back to Sleepy Hollow and split another of these lovelies!

(Photos from easywdw)

I also had another coffee float. With breakfast. Because I was on vacation. And it was epic.

While eating breakfast we realized we had yet to set foot in Tomorrowland on this trip! Even with that realization, we still didn't make it over there until later that night, LOL!

Anyway, nummy breakfast consumed it was time for....

Haunted Mansion, of course. Come now, you didn't think I could be THAT close to HM and not ride, now did you?

Foolish Mortals.

In fact... we rode it twice!

We had a FP+ for Enchanted Tales with Belle coming up, so we started that direction. While on the way, we took one of my favorite pics from the trip:

That one was also Mom's idea. I heart her. And clearly we know where I got my silliness from!

We bypassed the substantial line for ETWB, and walked right up to the front of the FP+ queue.

You guys - this was so much fun! Maurice's workshop, the mirror! The MIRROR! That I don't have a pic of. :confused3 I do have these though!

I loved the sketches!

I do hate how they crowd you in like cattle though. Ugh. I mean, they built this thing from scratch, the next area is much larger... they could have made this one bigger as well. Anyway. When the mirror magically turned into a doorway, the girl next to me just gasped and said "How the heck did they do that?!?!" I just laughed and said "Only in Disney!"

The pre-show was great - the animatronics are amazeballs!

All of the actors were really into it, our Beast was adorable, although I think the little girl doing Phillipe was my favorite!

I don't have many pics of our show, but let me tell you that Belle made this experience for me. There were about three little girls dressed as Belle, all introduced as "magic mirrors." When they went to do the parade around the room, Belle of course had the hand of one of the little girls. When Belle went back up front, the little girl just burst into tears at her seat. Without breaking stride, Belle just walked over, crouched down, gave the little one the BIGGEST hug, laid her hand on the side of her face and smiled. The little magic mirror stopped crying immediately, and just BEAMED. It has to be one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. :goodvibes:lovestruc

After our lovely ETWB, we wandered a bit. Rode Ariel again, saw Philharmagic and just soaked in the atmosphere. The original plan for the day had been to do the morning at MK and then go to Epcot for dinner. Neither of us was feeling up to walking around Epcot though, so I cancelled our Rose and Crown ADR (sniffle - I was looking forward to my Guinness!) and I checked my phone for a lunch reservation on the monorail track. There was a 1:00 at the Wave, and that sounded good to both of us, so we started towards the front of the park.

Now, I had specifically picked something on the monorail to cut down on walking. We got out front... and the monorail was down.

tumblr_luca2zernK1qbrdf3o2_500.gif

Okay, no big, we can take the bus. And we did.

I have no pics of lunch. I wish I did. It was amazing. Our favorite meal of the whole trip. I don't even remember what we got, other than that it was amazing, filling, fresh, and super tasty.

Service was on the slow side; it looked like they had a bunch of business folks in eating lunch, and our server apologized saying that they were short staffed, but we didn't mind. I felt cruddy, and the AC felt amazing, and it was all good.

After lunch we did some hat modeling... er, shopping, I mean.

Ack - an Ewok on my back! Oh, wait, I like Ewoks.

After this we wanted to head back to the resort. I was WIPED. Needed a rest, stat.

Now, the monorail was still down. To get back to MK, we'd have to either walk, or wait for the bus, which would then go to Wilderness Lodge, and THEN to MK. And then we'd get the bus to POFQ.

We walked. It was stupid hot. In hindsight, should have gone for the super long bus ride.

Ah well, we got back to POFQ eventually, filled up our refillable mugs with some tasty beverages, said hi to Santos, and then went and chilled in the room for a bit. I also picked up some ice and iced my knee, which helped a LOT!

Up Next: Day 4, Part 2: What?! No! That's Crazy!

The Jungle Cruise is always so great and such a classic. But getting a good skipper just makes it so much better.

Wow, you rode the HM twice and had almost the exact same picture. You should have a contest of spot the differences. ;)

Awww that story of Belle and the little girl is truly precious. I love hearing stuff like that.

so did you notice the impact of having a gourmet tomato in your waffle sandwich? and I could support coffee floats for breakfast every day :thumbsup2

That is such a sweet story of Belle with the little girl - gotta love the Disney Magic!

So annoying with the monorail down! Glad you enjoyed your lunch though - that would have really been a painful walk after if you hadn't

Jungle cruise!! I'll never forget my first trip on that as an adult. Omg I was so entertained by the dry humour. Glad you got a great skipper.
I find coffee too strong for me, I need to dilute it with hot chocolate but I love the smell and flavour so your coffee float looks so good! I want to try!
Also, your waffle sammie looks delish.
I have to see ETWB. What a lovely story about Belle and the little girl, so sweet.
Glad you enjoyed your lunch!

The Jungle Cruise is always so great and such a classic. But getting a good skipper just makes it so much better.

Wow, you rode the HM twice and had almost the exact same picture. You should have a contest of spot the differences. ;)

Awww that story of Belle and the little girl is truly precious. I love hearing stuff like that.

I do live JC.
Isn't it amazing how similar those pics are? Funny how that happens. ;)
Belle was amazing - she totally made the experience awesome!

so did you notice the impact of having a gourmet tomato in your waffle sandwich? and I could support coffee floats for breakfast every day :thumbsup2

That is such a sweet story of Belle with the little girl - gotta love the Disney Magic!

So annoying with the monorail down! Glad you enjoyed your lunch though - that would have really been a painful walk after if you hadn't

Well, I'd have to ask my mom about the tomato. I despise tomatoes with every fiber of my being, so she was the one eating it! :rotfl:

It really was amazing Disney magic!

I was less than amused with the monorail being down. That's one of the reasons I won't shell out to stay in a hotel on the monorail track. Well, that and I'm not made of money. But to pay that much and then have it be unreliable... not cool.

Jungle cruise!! I'll never forget my first trip on that as an adult. Omg I was so entertained by the dry humour. Glad you got a great skipper.
I find coffee too strong for me, I need to dilute it with hot chocolate but I love the smell and flavour so your coffee float looks so good! I want to try!
Also, your waffle sammie looks delish.
I have to see ETWB. What a lovely story about Belle and the little girl, so sweet.
Glad you enjoyed your lunch!

I like that they've expanded the JC script while still staying true to the original. So fun!

Polluted and diluted coffee is totally acceptable!

Go to ETWB!

Vacation rules are the only rules that matter at Disney.

I approve of the decision to ride HM twice. I wish I could get Marie to ride it twice in a row with me. Goals for next trip.

That is an awesome picture of you and your mom :)

Enchanted Tales with Belle really is so awesome. I would love to try and get my cousins in on the show, I'd die of the cuteness.

Eek. Monorail down is no fun, no fun at all.

Vacation rules are the only rules that matter at Disney.

I approve of the decision to ride HM twice. I wish I could get Marie to ride it twice in a row with me. Goals for next trip.

That is an awesome picture of you and your mom :)

Enchanted Tales with Belle really is so awesome. I would love to try and get my cousins in on the show, I'd die of the cuteness.

Eek. Monorail down is no fun, no fun at all.

I agree! Vacation rules! :D

I honestly can't wait until October. There will be no one to stop me from riding it all day long if I want to, LOL!!!

I want to take my nephews to ETWB! That would be awesome!

Day 4, Part 2: "What?! No! That's Crazy!"

After our nap/rest/recharge, we hopped back on the bus to MK. The plan for the night was to see Wishes. But we had an additional goal; to be sitting. On a bench. Or a curb. Not flat on the ground. Mom's hip was bugging her, and I was really feeling wiped out.

We are more than willing to sit and people watch while we wait, so our first order of business was to ride HM (duh). And then to procure some dinner!

We both opted for the tuna salad sandwiches from Columbia Harbor House. They seemed like they'd transport fairly well, as we wanted to take them with us. But the dessert was this awesome berry cobbler, with nothing even remotely resembling a lid that looked like it was going to fall off of the plate at any moment.

So I went up to the counter and asked the CM (I wish I could remember his name!) if they had lids for the cobbler. The answer was no, but as I turned to walk away disappointed, he piped up and told me that they had full size to-go boxes; would that work?

Would it EVER! :cool1: To add to the amusement of this moment, before he would give them to me, I was informed that the charge would be a million dollars. To which I gave him my biggest, goofiest grin and asked if, "A huge smile and my undying gratitude would suffice?"

And of course it did.

So, food in hand, we took a seat on one of the benches that are just off the hub leading to Adventureland. I specifically asked a CM if we would be able to sit there through the fireworks, and was told that yes we could. And furthermore, that no one would be able to stand right in front of us, because it was a walking path and they'd have to move forward into a taped off area.

Score!

So we sat. And we ate. And all was well with the world.

And then I decided to do something that I'd been wanting to do the whole trip, and every trip prior. I got.... a balloon!

Why? Well, why not!? Never grow up! Never!

This pic posted on FB created a firestorm of comments from my crazy cousins. The best of which was, " I want a Mickey Mouse-head shaped sucker, a smashed Jungle cruise penny (oh wait I got one last year), Dole Whip and some stale Splash Mountain water in my face."

We mailed her a sucker and a smashed penny from Jungle Cruise the next day. I was unable to procure stale Splash Mountain water. :rotfl:

So, I had my balloon, we had our seats, and Wishes was coming up soon! I broke out the glow bracelets, and we were chatting with the families around us, attempting to take artsy photos with the balloon and generally having a pleasant time. For the record, I don't recommend this spot for CTM and Wishes; we had a fairly obstructed view, but it was what we needed on this night.

And then Celebrate the Magic started. And people rushed to get a good view. Most of them flocked to the taped off area. But... not all.

One man and his son decided to push through and stand directly in front of us, almost stepping on our feet. I very politely asked him to please move, as this was a walkway, and he'd need to stand in the taped off area. He then tried to SHOVE his way into the 4 inch space between the bench we were on and the one next to us.

tumblr_lu3ckurDPL1qbqrtb.gif

And I - well, I lost it. I politely, and firmly, stood up and told him that, "Sir, you may not stand there. You may not stand in front of us, and you certainly may not attempt to cram yourself into that 4 inch space. We have been sitting here for 3 hours waiting, and you will move."

He then made an extremely rude face at me, and gestured down at his son. Along with some comment about how sad his son was going to be at not being able to see.

Now, please don't get me wrong. If he'd asked nicely, if there had been room, we would have moved over and let them sit/stand. We had moved and let some kids jump up into our spots for Illuminations earlier in the week. But the rude look, the rude treatment, the gesture, the shoving... No. Not happening.

giphy.gif

So in response to his gesture, I told him that "I do not care. You and your son can see the show perfectly well from the taped off area, and if not there's another Celebrate the Magic later tonight. You WILL move."

And he did.

And I got a round of applause from the people around us.

And I proceeded to watch CTM and Wishes with my mother, and tried not to let it ruin my night.

And then... something magical happened. That would absolutely MAKE the whole trip for me. That would wipe away the encounter with the rude gentleman and would inspire the title of this TR.

Now you see, I had this balloon. I'd had it for about 4 hours at this point. And I'd thoroughly enjoyed it. And I wanted to let someone else enjoy it. All through Wishes, I could hear what sounded like a little girl off to my left laughing her head off. Gasping. Oohing and Aaahing and just having a grand 'ole giggly time.

So after Wishes, I stood up, grabbed my balloon, and went over to the source of the giggles. It was a group of several adults, and the little girl looked to be about 3, and was the only kid in the group (I didn't want to start a fight or make a sibling feel bad etc.). I approached what looked to be her father, and asked him if I could give her the balloon.

He looked dumbstruck. He just stared at me.

giphy.gif

And then said, "What?! No! That's crazy!"

I was a little taken aback. Now I get it, it's a $12 balloon, but I really wanted to give it to her. So I asked again, "Please, may I? I have had it, I've enjoyed it, and I'd really like her to have it so she can enjoy it."

He again just stared at me, and then offered to pay for it. As he was going for his wallet I laughed and told him that, "No, no, that's not the point. Please, may I? I'd really like to."

He just stared at me for a minute, smiled this slow smile, and said okay.

So I got down on her level, and held out the string to her.

And she stared at it.

And looked at me.

And then looked at Dad, who nodded.

And reached out her little hand and took the string.

And stared at it.

And then....

tumblr_inline_mflkq2XpdQ1ro8qpo.gif

You guys - she went INSANE in her stroller. Started to laugh and giggle with so much joy I seriously almost cried.

tumblr_lmagqmTWDi1qii6tmo1_500.gif

happykid.gif

giphy.gif

It. Was. EPIC. Worth every penny, worth every moment, and absolutely made the trip for me. :goodvibes

We saw them a little while later as we were heading out, and I heard what I assume to be another member of their party asking where the balloon had come from. He said that, "This young lady just GAVE it to her!" And as we walked by I just smiled, and the little girl was STILL giggling and pulling on the string and making that balloon dance. :lovestruc

It was an absolutely perfect way to end the night.

Up Next: Day 5: Tower of Terror on Cold Meds...

Awww see, this is why I love CM's.

And good for you getting a balloon!!! Love it!

You go girl!!!! Enough with people showing up at the last second trying to push in and using their children as a crutch. Believe me, I would do anything to help make a magical moment for a child. But I won't do that. Because he wasn't doing it for his kid, he was doing it for himself.

Awwww I love that story with the little one. :lovestruc THAT is where the magic lives. :goodvibes

Good for you putting that guy in his place! It drives me crazy when people just invade your space so they can get a better view. :furious: I would have been clapping too.

That is so sweet to give your balloon to a little girl. It is the little things in life that really make a difference.

By far an awesome CM, I am not that outgoing but hope I can get out of my bubble by september to have some good interactions!

Awww see, this is why I love CM's.

And good for you getting a balloon!!! Love it!

You go girl!!!! Enough with people showing up at the last second trying to push in and using their children as a crutch. Believe me, I would do anything to help make a magical moment for a child. But I won't do that. Because he wasn't doing it for his kid, he was doing it for himself.

Awwww I love that story with the little one. :lovestruc THAT is where the magic lives. :goodvibes

He really was fantastic! And I loved that balloon. It was a lot of fun!

I'm with you - I'll go out of my way to make Disney magical for kids. But this idiot... no, no way, not happening. You are right, he was doing it for himself. And they moved up the the taped off area, he put his kid on his shoulders and it was fine. Argh. So irritating.

That moment when she went insane with giggles - still makes me smile/teary.

Good for you putting that guy in his place! It drives me crazy when people just invade your space so they can get a better view. :furious: I would have been clapping too.

That is so sweet to give your balloon to a little girl. It is the little things in life that really make a difference.

By far an awesome CM, I am not that outgoing but hope I can get out of my bubble by september to have some good interactions!

My mom was so surprised; it was a really out of character thing for me to do, but I just couldn't handle that dude! So rude!

Smiling just thinking about the balloon! And you're right, it is the little things!

Definitely come our of your bubble a bit. Most Disney CMs are amazing, and you can have some amazing interactions with them!

What a bargain,a million dollar box for a smile and gratitude? ;)

Good for you for speaking up. People can be so inconsiderate that it just is awful. So I'm glad it all worked out for you to say something.

Oh my goodness. The story is so amazing. You totally made that little girl's day. How awesome. Marie is looking to get a balloon next trip and we were thinking about giving it away to a stranger. This makes the idea that much better :)

What a bargain,a million dollar box for a smile and gratitude? ;)

Good for you for speaking up. People can be so inconsiderate that it just is awful. So I'm glad it all worked out for you to say something.

Oh my goodness. The story is so amazing. You totally made that little girl's day. How awesome. Marie is looking to get a balloon next trip and we were thinking about giving it away to a stranger. This makes the idea that much better :)

I know right? Total bargain!

I'm really glad I said something. I didn't yell, I didn't start a fight, I just was NOT going to let him get away with it!!!

DO IT! Seriously, it made my trip for me. I will never ever forget the look on her little face or her reaction. Totally amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter