“I like your muscles”- a Post-Christmas and NYE trip January 2014 Update X6!!! 8/8!!!

Christmas at the Lodge
January 1, 2014

We sat for a bit and ate our snack. We finished up and got to the bus stop by 11:45 and a bus came 15 minutes later. After 20 minutes we got to Magic Kingdom. BUTTTTTT we weren’t going into the park. Not yet. We had a lunch ADR at Whispering Canyon!!! We got to the resort boat launch and waited for a boat!

I love this resort!!

It’s JANUARY!! I just can’t get over it!

So GORGEOUS

Shall we go in?

Like what?? How gorgeous is this????

Whispering Canyon part I
January 1, 2014

I think this is my favorite picture ever!

We checked into Whispering Canyon at 1pm for our ADR.

SO FREAKING PRETTY.

Whispering Canyon part II
January 1, 2014

Once our pager went off about 20 minutes later.....

We were seated by a hilarious host who asked if I was a CM. He said I should be because I have that “annoying smile we all have to have.” I was flattered. Sort of. Anyway, we got to our table and our waitress was an older lady who was SO loud but very nice and funny. She had been working for Disney for 25 years! The party at the table next to us was finishing up, and they said they were going to the airport. The server went over to the girl and told her she had a big bag and poured the ENTIRE bowl of sugar packets into her purse and said, “good luck going through security with that!”

For our lunch we shared the flash fried Navajo bread which was soooooo good!!

Mom ordered the potato leek soup which was also really yummy!

I got the smoked chicken quesadilla which was AMAZING!

Ok so funny story. When we were done with our meals, a table next to us with two young very muscular body builder guys were also finishing. The waitress saw my camera, and she made a big deal about it and told me to go pose with them! I was dying!! At first I said no, but she was making a big deal and the host came over and got into it too! Mom also didn’t help and was urging me to go, so I decided that it would be more embarrassing to say no now that everyone was staring. It was the most embarrassing thing ever! The host also took my phone and snapped some photos! I’ll post them here because they are just way too funny not to share!

The one the server took from my camera:

The ones the host took from my phone:

I DIDN’T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY HANDS!!

Awwwkwarrdddd!

BTW, this is the host:

Anyway, after that hilarious event, we left the restaurant and went into the gift shop. We found some really cute scarves, and I ended up wearing mine for the rest of the evening.

Hi! Just wanted to say I am following along. Any story of Christmas in Disney is one I want to read.

Loved the hockey game, I'm watching Canada/Norway Olympic game right now. Most of my family are Canucks fans (we're Acadian French, lol) but I have to admit to being a Penguins fan.

Omg I would be so embarrassed at WL to get pictures with the muscle men! Too funny. I wouldn't know what to do with my hands either!

Looks like you and your mom were having a great time with shopping, movies & eating out! I'm sure y'all were so happy to have that time together.

Y'alls Little Mermaid room is precious! I love all the details!

And what a fun & hilarious time @ WCC!

Wilderness Lodge is so gorgeous. Omg, how awkward that they made you pose with those guys! Do you think they felt awkward too? That's just strange. Hahaa

Hi! Just wanted to say I am following along. Any story of Christmas in Disney is one I want to read.

Loved the hockey game, I'm watching Canada/Norway Olympic game right now. Most of my family are Canucks fans (we're Acadian French, lol) but I have to admit to being a Penguins fan.

Omg I would be so embarrassed at WL to get pictures with the muscle men! Too funny. I wouldn't know what to do with my hands either!

Hi!! Thanks for following along! :goodvibes

Hockey is such a fun sport to watch! Especially live!!

It was SO EMBARRASSING!! haha! It made for a great story though!

Looks like you and your mom were having a great time with shopping, movies & eating out! I'm sure y'all were so happy to have that time together.

Y'alls Little Mermaid room is precious! I love all the details!

And what a fun & hilarious time @ WCC!

It was a lot of fun! I love spending time with her, so it was perfect!

I loved it too! SO cute! I want to go back! :goodvibes

:rotfl2: It was definitely a moment to remember!!

Wilderness Lodge is so gorgeous. Omg, how awkward that they made you pose with those guys! Do you think they felt awkward too? That's just strange. Hahaa

Right?? It was horrible but hilarious afterward! I'm sure they were just kinda like uhhh, ok I guess! But they didn't have to stand up and walk over haha they just sat there!! hahahahaha I was dying! :lmao:

Hahahah, I forgot about the muscle guys at Whispering Canyon! That was the funniest thing in the world! Poor Emma, I really don't help, do I? Those guys loved it - hahahaha! And I LOVE spending time with you, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, but ESPECIALLY at Disney! :) Great updates, as always and gorgeous pictures, as always! <3 (I can't find the blasted heart smiley on here...)

:lmao: I am literally laughing out loud!!!! That restaurant is notorious for embarrassing their guest. Love it!!! What's really funny is when the customers don't realize the wait staff is totally role playing. And the picture with the muscle mania men is WAY funny:rotfl: Especially your comment about "didn't know what to do with my hands..." :laughing:

Ok, so now that I'm done laughing - kind of- I can comment on your excellent pictures. Absolutely beautiful, Emma! You really captured the spirit of the WL!! So when are y'all gonna book a trip there??? :hyper: Your pictures are really making me want to go to the lodge NOW! Not sure I can wait until June!!!

And do y'all realize we were almost at Disney at the same time yet again! We left on Dec. 29th and you arrived on the 1st. Crazy. Are you gonna be there June 3-14??? :laughing:

Great post! Thanks for the comic relief. And hope school is going well for you :goodvibes
Heather

Hahahah, I forgot about the muscle guys at Whispering Canyon! That was the funniest thing in the world! Poor Emma, I really don't help, do I? Those guys loved it - hahahaha! And I LOVE spending time with you, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, but ESPECIALLY at Disney! :) Great updates, as always and gorgeous pictures, as always! <3 (I can't find the blasted heart smiley on here...)

That was so funny!! We laughed for so long after that!

:lmao: I am literally laughing out loud!!!! That restaurant is notorious for embarrassing their guest. Love it!!! What's really funny is when the customers don't realize the wait staff is totally role playing. And the picture with the muscle mania men is WAY funny:rotfl: Especially your comment about "didn't know what to do with my hands..." :laughing:

Ok, so now that I'm done laughing - kind of- I can comment on your excellent pictures. Absolutely beautiful, Emma! You really captured the spirit of the WL!! So when are y'all gonna book a trip there??? :hyper: Your pictures are really making me want to go to the lodge NOW! Not sure I can wait until June!!!

And do y'all realize we were almost at Disney at the same time yet again! We left on Dec. 29th and you arrived on the 1st. Crazy. Are you gonna be there June 3-14??? :laughing:

Great post! Thanks for the comic relief. And hope school is going well for you :goodvibes
Heather

That was such a funny experience! I love it! We definitely need to go back there! That was my first time there in YEARS. Totally underestimated!

Aww, thank you!! I love that place! The WL is so photogenic. Well, we haven't chosen a date, but we are thinking definitely this summer maybe July or August? June is such a crazy month with activities going on, so it's hard for me to get away. Actually, we were looking at those dates in June! My brother's birthday is on June 12, so I have to be back for that. We didn't want to cut the trip short, so we decided to look later in the summer when there is less going on. That is too funny, though!

It is spring break, so I am very excited for a week off of the stress! Of course, I have many assignments to work on, but not having to worry about classes is very nice! :goodvibes ALSO, that means more time for the Dis!!

Beautiful pics from WL.

Thank you!!

Finally Park Time!
January 1, 2014

We went out to the boat launch to take the boat back over to Magic Kingdom.

I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE THE DECORATIONSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

SO MANY DECORATIONS
January 1, 2014

We got there a little after three and stopped on Main Street near the Starbucks/Main Street Bakery to watch the parade. It took forever to come and there were two high school marching bands that came through before!

Even she was waiting!

So of course I passed the time by taking pictures!

Mom got a peppermint cherry mocha and a chocolate cake pop!

Celebrate a Dream Come True!
January 1, 2014

Then finally, at 3:45, Celebrate a Dream Come True parade came though! I am sad to see this go, but looking at the pictures from the new one, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!!! It looks AMAZING!!!

Parade Continued
January 1, 2014

They didn’t turn around!!

The masses following the parade!

Great parade pics. Love Lady Tremaine leaning on the trash can!!!

Great updates and pics.

Loved the parade pics.

Great pictures. :) I will kinda miss Celebrate A Dream Come True, but everyone is saying Festival of Fantasy is incredible. I have been avoiding pics and videos but gah, can't wait to see it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter