“I like your muscles”- a Post-Christmas and NYE trip January 2014 Update X6!!! 8/8!!!

Fun day! I don't know anything about hockey, but I'm glad y'all had fun! Omg, salted caramel hot chocolate sounds... drool-worthy. :laughing:

Fun times! Love it! The boys just went to the college intramural hockey games last night. Jesse thinks the zamboni is the best thing ever :laughing: Faith and I went shopping:rolleyes1

By the way....love IHOP and Carrabas!!! Great choices. Love the Minnie coffee mug too!

Looking forward to more!
Heather

Fun day! I don't know anything about hockey, but I'm glad y'all had fun! Omg, salted caramel hot chocolate sounds... drool-worthy. :laughing:

It was great! I'm definitely learning, but it's such a fun game to watch live!

It was AMAZING!!!! :love:

Fun times! Love it! The boys just went to the college intramural hockey games last night. Jesse thinks the zamboni is the best thing ever :laughing: Faith and I went shopping:rolleyes1

By the way....love IHOP and Carrabas!!! Great choices. Love the Minnie coffee mug too!

Looking forward to more!
Heather

It was so fun!! Shopping is always a great alternative!! ;)

ME TOO! It was great!

Great update! :goodvibes

Thank you!! :goodvibes

Great update and pics.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Checking in! So glad to see you have another TR!

Looks like you had a safe trip down to see your mom. And it looks like y'all were off to a nice start of fun! I honestly know nothing about hockey. I did attend one NHL game when we lived in Atlanta and I really had a lot of fun!

Can't wait to read more!

Checking in! So glad to see you have another TR!

Looks like you had a safe trip down to see your mom. And it looks like y'all were off to a nice start of fun! I honestly know nothing about hockey. I did attend one NHL game when we lived in Atlanta and I really had a lot of fun!

Can't wait to read more!

Hi Amanda! :wave2:

It was a lot of fun! I'm excited to get to the Disney parts though!! :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in!

Shopping Day!!!
December 30, 2013
Day 3

Today was shopping day!! I woke up at 8 and got ready. We left for True Fashionista which is a resale boutique. Mom wanted to see if there were any nice purses, and she ended up finding a super cute Vera that’s pattern had been discontinued for $10! Then we went to the Miromar Outlets and shopped literally ALL DAY. IT WAS AMAZING. We started at the Disney Character Warehouse which is always awesome! Then, of course, we had to take advantage of my employee discount at the Gap and Banana Republic Factory stores! We also stopped in at Coach Outlet and Bath and Body Works. Before we knew it, it was like 3pm!!!! We were really hungry, so we decided to eat at Ford’s Garage. Fabulous choice made by us! It was amazing, and it was really well themed.
I mean, the napkins.....

And the bathroom sinks are tires. I couldn’t resist taking a picture because they were just SO COOL!

For lunch, we ordered fried pickles to start because um YUM!

I got an apple pie shake which was really yummy, but a little strange because it had chunks of crust in it! LOL! It was really good though!!

Mom got a banana foster shake that was supposed to have rum in it, but she didn’t taste it! Mom got some kind of burger specialty (that’s what the restaurant is known for) that had an egg on it. IT WAS SO GOOD. Like, I can’t even tell you how much I wished I had ordered it.

I got the pulled pork sliders which were good, but a burger would have been a lot better!

After lunch we headed over to the Coconut Point Mall. Our first stop was Ulta which is where we spent most of our time! Then we went over to Sephora to find some specific things. On our way over, there was a huge Christmas tree which was so pretty!!!

We shopped some more and decided it was time for dinner. On our way out, we stopped to admire the huge Christmas tree!

I promise I’m in there somewhere!

For dinner, we decided to go to Mr. Tequila’s. It was really good!!! The atmosphere was great, and the food was delicious! I think I had the chicken quesadilla with something else and mom had beef tacos. YUM.

After that, we went back home and went to bed!!

Mr. Banks and BBQ
December 31, 2013
Day 4

Happy New Year’s Eve! I woke up around 8am this morning, ate breakfast, and got ready to go. We left at 11:30 for the movie theater because we were seeing Saving Mr. Banks!!!!!! It was SUCH a good movie!!! I laughed. I cried. It was fabulous!

After the movie, we were really hungry, so Mom and Step Dad brought me to this really yummy barbeque place called Texas Tony’s BBQ. It. Was. So. Freaking. Amazing. Like, REAL barbeque. OMG. I want some RIGHT NOW!!!! I mean, you can’t get much more fabulous than this!

Oh, and I’m VT reppin’!!

After lunch, we went to the beach, took some pictures, and hung out.

The water was actually pretty chilly at first, but it was nice once you got used to it. The beach was filling up pretty quickly near the pier because they were lighting off fireworks later that night for New Year’s Eve. I really wanted to stay, but it was another three hours until dark. We got back in the car and drove around looking, no, GAWKING, at what we could see of the mansions and went home.

I helped Mom pack for Disney and we watched TV until we forced ourselves to go to bed! We went to bed around 10:30 and didn’t even stay up until midnight. Even though I probably could have because I had trouble sleeping. We were soooo excited!!!!! DISNEY TOMORROW!!!!!

It's DISNEY DAY!!!
January 1, 2014
Day 5

Happy New Year! And Happy Disney Day!!!!!!! I woke up at 5am, showered, and got ready. We packed up the car, said goodbye to Step Dad, Jolie, and Zuzu, and rolled out of the driveway at 6:08am. We stopped at Dunkin Donuts to get COFFEE and breakfast. I, of course, got my usual: caramel swirl iced coffee with cream and sugar and a plain bagel with veggie cream cheese. I think mom got an iced tea and a sandwich. We were on our way to DISNEY!! We went to Disney through the town my mom works in which was absolutely eye opening. It was incredibly sad to see the way these people live, and I definitely realized how blessed I am. It seemed like a completely different country. Also, the amount of orange groves and beef livestock ranches was insane! We were through the town by 7:45 and continued onto Disney. We made it to property by 9:35am.

Weeeeee!!!!!!!

We kind of got a bit lost because the GPS on my phone was taking us somewhere else. However, we finally got to Art of Animation by 9:45.

We checked in which took an hour because there was something wrong with my Magic Band.

Pretty!!!

They ended up giving me a new one, but it was still orange. It just didn’t have my name on the inside. The manager was so sweet because he felt so bad that he gave us two extra fast passes!! We made it to our room by 10:50am. Mom’s Magic Band didn’t work on our door, but luckily mine did.

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

I spy a Mickey!

And in case you were wondering, our view:

Pretty spectacular.

Art of Animation Photo Shoot part I
January 1, 2014

***Don't miss the first three updates on the previous page!***

We loved our room! It was so cute!! And even though we were in the LAST and FARTHEST building, it wasn’t more than a 7-10 minute walk to Animation Hall. We unpacked and got ready to head over to Animation Hall.

Oh hey, Ariel!

It was RAINING! Ugh!!!

Headed into the Lion King section!!!!!

Sup?

Even though it was after Christmas, I was SO EXCITED to see the decorations!!

Hiya :wave:

So excited to see another installment!!! :woohoo: Hope you're staying warm! Rainy and nasty here today, so lots of DisTime.

I absolutely love the theme of that restaurant you experienced!!! How fun! Whoever came up with the idea for the tire sinks is quite creative! Love it!

Sorry you had to do an hour check-in, however....you did get 2 FPs out of the deal :thumbsup2 The AoA looks really neat. We so wanted to stay there on our mini Christmas trip, but it was booked. Thinking we might have to try it next Christmas.

We saw Mr. Banks, too. What a phenomenal movie...especially if you're a Disney geek;) Sad but funny, like you said. I was unfamiliar with the whole story line....had no idea all that transpired.

Have a fabulous weekend!!
Heather

Art of Animation Photo Shoot part II
January 1, 2014

So, while I was taking pictures, Mom went over to a CM who was standing in the lobby with a tablet answering people’s questions. She told him about the room key problem, he took it away for a bit, and he came back with it all fixed! He said it had to be reset because the MB was being “stubborn.” We went into the Landscape of Flavors food court to get a quick snack because we were starving. We chose to create our own smoothies.

I ordered a berry base with raspberries and bananas. Mom got strawberry base with bananas and mangos. Hers was WAY better than mine, but they were both yummy!

We also got veggies and hummus dip too!

Totally missed the previous installments because I was posting :upsidedow LOVE the pictures of AoA! It really looks like lots of fun! Disney always does it right for sure. Can't believe how many characters they incorporated into the landscape...totally cool!

HOORAY FOR DISNEY DAY!

All of the Christmas decorations are stunning! I especially love how there are sketches in the trees, how cute!

Your room pictures, too. HOLY WOW ALL THAT DETAIL. My favorite part is probably the 'Under the Sea' sheet music on the table. And your view is also amazing!

I had no idea they had a create-your-own-smoothie station at Landscape of Flavors. That's so cool!

Hiya :wave:

So excited to see another installment!!! :woohoo: Hope you're staying warm! Rainy and nasty here today, so lots of DisTime.

I absolutely love the theme of that restaurant you experienced!!! How fun! Whoever came up with the idea for the tire sinks is quite creative! Love it!

Sorry you had to do an hour check-in, however....you did get 2 FPs out of the deal :thumbsup2 The AoA looks really neat. We so wanted to stay there on our mini Christmas trip, but it was booked. Thinking we might have to try it next Christmas.

We saw Mr. Banks, too. What a phenomenal movie...especially if you're a Disney geek;) Sad but funny, like you said. I was unfamiliar with the whole story line....had no idea all that transpired.

Have a fabulous weekend!!
Heather

That restaurant was so cool! Yummy too!! :goodvibes I loved Mr. Banks! It was great, and I'm so glad I got to see it.

The hour check in was pretty long- especially because I REALLY just wanted to GO! I'm just glad we didn't have anywhere to be right away! And the FPs helped quite a bit!

I would definitely say go for AoA! I LOVE that place and the decorations are amazing!

Totally missed the previous installments because I was posting :upsidedow LOVE the pictures of AoA! It really looks like lots of fun! Disney always does it right for sure. Can't believe how many characters they incorporated into the landscape...totally cool!

:rotfl: It's ok! Thank you! I loved looking for all of the details. I could stay there all day!

HOORAY FOR DISNEY DAY!

All of the Christmas decorations are stunning! I especially love how there are sketches in the trees, how cute!

Your room pictures, too. HOLY WOW ALL THAT DETAIL. My favorite part is probably the 'Under the Sea' sheet music on the table. And your view is also amazing!

I had no idea they had a create-your-own-smoothie station at Landscape of Flavors. That's so cool!

Yayy!!!! :cool1:

I loved the decorations!! I could've stared at them all day!!

The details really make the magic! :artist:

It was amazing!! I haven't had a good smoothie in a while, and it was amazing!

Love those sinks in the restaurant.
Eww, not sure I would like the crust in the shake.
Looked like a fun day of shopping.
Nice pics of the room.
Nice pics around the resort. Glad she got her band fixed.

Love those sinks in the restaurant.
Eww, not sure I would like the crust in the shake.
Looked like a fun day of shopping.
Nice pics of the room.
Nice pics around the resort. Glad she got her band fixed.

Me too!!

It was strange, but the flavor was really yummy!

It was!

Thank you! I love that place!! :goodvibes

Sounds like a fun couple of pre-Disney days! Omg, ART OF ANIMATION! LITTLE MERMAID ROOM!!! It's all too exciting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter