„Did you feel pressured to provide only EXCELLENT ratings?“

That chicken curry looks absolutely delicious! I'll have to remember that in January.

Unfortunately it is no longer on the menu. I wish they would not mess with the real yummy things that are a bit different. :sad1:

What?! No ice cream at Beaches and Cream?!

Yes, I know, shocking! :rotfl:

Love Tom's hat! I can't see really well, but what does his shirt say?

It's one of the shirts he bought during the cruise. The shirt says - EAT - CRUISE - EAT MORE! So true. :rotfl2:

I just don't understand how people don't/can't follow directions.

They seemed to understand perfectly well during the pre-show, then, when it was time to get onto the ride, they "spread out". ;)

Having a drink 'to go', doesn't really mean the restaurant is open...right? I mean, I don't interpret it that way. That stinks, I would have been totally let down.

Exactly! Had she said that they would only sell drinks to go we might have considered heading back there sooner, but since she said they were open late ......... oh well, we'll just have to try when we get back. :thumbsup2

That's nice of you guys to think of the security guard. Bet it made his night a lot sweeter!:)

We always do that! Makes my day to see their stunned faces when we hand over the box. :lmao:

Great updates Karin! The chicken curry looks GOOD! Great pic of Devine!

The food was really nice. We enjoyed it a lot and it was more than enough to share.
Isn't it funny that we should see her twice. There have been times when we did not see her at all and then twice in a short morning. pixiedust:

The food at B&C looks really good, it has been so long since we've been there, I think when we stayed at BCV in 2005 or 2007 yikes I can't remember what year we were there...eek :faint: Loving all the topiary pics as well!

We just love B&C, but so far it was always a bit of a hassle as they didn't take reservations. Now that that has changed, it is even better! :woohoo:

My DH said last night he won't go back to Disney unless we stay at OKW :beach: I keep reminding him we are booked at Poly and not changing...why won't he believe me :rotfl:

Oh, I can so understand your DH! We just LOVE OKW. :cloud9:
I hope they'll have finished building works at the Poly until next summer. I just saw some pics on Kathy's TR and it's not a pretty sight at the moment.

Day 8, February 22

Better than expected! - Part 1

It was our last day and we had a breakfast reservation, but when the alarm rang we were still far too tired to get up. So we added half an hour of sleep. When we finally got up we had to hurry. We took showers and Tom brewed the last of our coffee and we had a quick doughnut breakfast.

Then we hauled our luggage down to the car and checked our villa one more time for forgotten items and soon it was time to leave and get on our way. One more stop at luggage services to drop off our Owner’s Locker Box and to drop off our luggage until the afternoon and we were on the way to The Wave for a traditional farewell breakfast.
And we arrived there seriously late, but they did not seem to mind and blew off my question if we would be fined with just a smile. We waited for about two minutes until we were taken to our table. Our server was very sweet and talkative, handed us a menu and explained that we could either order from the menu or head to the buffet. And while we do not like buffets, this is one we both really like. Their offerings are really nice and there is plenty to choose from and it is still warm when it gets to your table, so we didn’t even think about it twice and went for the buffet.
And while our server was going to get us some drinks we headed for the buffet. Tom picked some cold items to start out with,

while I already filled my plate with some yummy hot items.

Needless to say, that once we had finished plate 1 we had to go back and pick up a few other goodies. This time Tom went for a plate full of hot breakfast items,

while I picked some sweets.

Both plates were as wonderful as the first plates and it didn’t take us long to clear our plates. Bellies full, we paid for our breakfast and headed up to the the 4th floor to have a look around the shops as the weather outside was pretty bad.

It was grey, overcast and raining, so we decided to browse the shops for a while hoping it would clear up soon. And as soon as it had stopped raining we were on our way over to the Magic Kingdom. I had been lucky enough to have picked up FP+ for our last morning and we were not going to miss our rides. When we arrived a boat had just arrived and it took a little time to go through bag check. But going through the turnstiles was a breeze and we were back to our happy place.

We strolled through the shops and picked up a thing or two before heading to our first FP+ ride, Peter Pan. When we got to the entrance we were pretty shocked to see that the standby line was over an hour long, but we just scanned our Magic bands and were in. Luck was on our side, as we just walked through the line and were to join the regular line immediately.

I think we had not even spent two minutes in line and it was our turn to get into our ship and fly over London and on to Neverland. It was a fun ride as always and soon enough we found ourselves getting off and heading towards “It’s a Small World”. But no chance of riding it today as there was a 20 minute wait and we were not that desperate to ride it.
So we headed towards the new restrooms and were very impressed at how nicely they were done. On the way over to Liberty Square we walked by the Rapunzel Tower

and the apples that were laid out for Maximus.

There were even horseshoe prints on the walkway.

Once we had passed Columbia Harbour House, we headed over to the Haunted Mansion, as we had picked up another FP+ for it. And it was good we did, as there was a 30 minute wait.

We scanned our Magic bands again and soon found ourselves watching the pre-show

and heading into the Stretching room. Our doombuggies were already waiting for us and off we went. The ride stopped a few times,

but none the less it was a lot of fun. Once we were off we paid a visit to the Christmas Store, before heading further on towards Splash Mountain. But we did not go all the way down, but cut through to Adventureland and over to the Jungle Cruise.

We were not sure if we should ride or not as there was another 30 minute wait, but the line seemed to move fast, so we hopped in.

To be continued ............

Breakfast looks good, I've heard great things about the Wave...and YAY for more MK pics..great HM pic!!!:cloud9:

I am just getting caught up! Great TR! The cruise is amazing, wishing I could take one. Nice villa at Old Key West! I love KK, they don't have them around where I live anymore... boo!

Thanks for sharing!

I didn't know the Wave had a breakfast buffet! The items you chose look very tasty.

Don't you just love Peter Pan! Wish they would loop your around 1 more time to make it a one minute ride instead of a 30 second ride:lmao:

Uh oh, hopefully the JC didn't take that long to board.

I had no idea that the wave had a breakfast buffet. It looks pretty good.

I have yet to check out the Tangled bathrooms. It looks like a nice day in the MK.

Hi Karin!

Wow - I had no idea you could get something like chicken curry at Tamu Tamu. It looks amazing and would be right up my alley. Great information!

I just love that you caught DeVine twice!!! :laughing:

Oh, I always love reading about B&C and seeing the pics. I think the one downside to the DxDDP is that you end up skipping all the CS places and the little spots like B&C because they aren’t great value. But B&C always looks so fun!!!

I love Tom’s hat!!! :laughing:

You got some beautiful WS pictures, Karin.

I think Willow would really enjoy touring with you two - hit up MS twice in a row and then TT via single rider? She’d be all over that! :laughing:

How completely bizarre about the Soarin’ family. What in the WORLD were they thinking????

Oh, what a shame about Spice Road Table. You must have been so disappointed. And I am so disappointed too - I was really looking forward to hearing about it. :( But at least you got more KK, including bonus donuts! :laughing:

Ugh - last day. I hate those on my trips, and I hate them in a good TR. Luckily, you have about 25 other TRs going, so at least I can continue to enjoy your travels! :laughing:

Your traditional last breakfast sounds great! And what a great idea to have Peter Pan as one of your final FP+ rides - soooo Disney, you know?

Breakfast looks good, I've heard great things about the Wave...and YAY for more MK pics..great HM pic!!!:cloud9:

It's a great place to have breakfast and that is the one buffet I will happily go to. Their offerings are very good and you are able to get your food to the table hot! :thumbsup2

I am just getting caught up! Great TR! The cruise is amazing, wishing I could take one. Nice villa at Old Key West! I love KK, they don't have them around where I live anymore... boo!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sticking with me for all that time. I am not known for finishing my TRs quickly. ;)
It was a wonderful cruise, we loved every minute of it. And we always love going back to OKW.
And KK have become a vacation staple for us. Best consumed hot off the conveyor belt. :thumbsup2

I didn't know the Wave had a breakfast buffet! The items you chose look very tasty.

You really should try it. It is a great buffet and the items they offer are all really good. They even have a breadpudding on the menu. OMG - breakfast heaven! :woohoo:

Don't you just love Peter Pan! Wish they would loop your around 1 more time to make it a one minute ride instead of a 30 second ride:lmao:

It is such a typical Disney ride and even though we have ridden it ever so often, it never gets old. But still too short! ;)

Uh oh, hopefully the JC didn't take that long to board.

Not to get ahead of myself, but we made it on in good time and had a blast. :thumbsup2

I had no idea that the wave had a breakfast buffet. It looks pretty good.

I have yet to check out the Tangled bathrooms. It looks like a nice day in the MK.

They have had that buffet for a few years now. We went first when it was still a trial and really liked it, which is so unusual as we normally do not do buffets. :lmao:

You have to check out the Tangled restrooms! They are so beautifully themed. :goodvibes

Hi Karin!

Wow - I had no idea you could get something like chicken curry at Tamu Tamu. It looks amazing and would be right up my alley. Great information!

I had seen it in the foodblog shortly before we went and wanted to try it. Unfortunately they have taken it off the menu again. Not nice! :(

I just love that you caught DeVine twice!!! :laughing:

Isn't it funny how we sometimes never see her once during a trip and then bump into her twice.

Oh, I always love reading about B&C and seeing the pics. I think the one downside to the DxDDP is that you end up skipping all the CS places and the little spots like B&C because they aren’t great value. But B&C always looks so fun!!!

You are absolutely right that B&C does not make sense if you are on the DxDDP. We have Tables in Wonderland and really like the flexability. You really should try it out, at least for dessert - I am sure Willow would like one of the ice-cream sundaes! ;)

I love Tom’s hat!!! :laughing:

You got some beautiful WS pictures, Karin.

I think Willow would really enjoy touring with you two - hit up MS twice in a row and then TT via single rider? She’d be all over that! :laughing:

We just need to time our vacations better, Roni! We would love to spoil her even more than you do. :goodvibes

How completely bizarre about the Soarin’ family. What in the WORLD were they thinking????

They were perfectly okay with standing on the dots on the floor in the waiting area, but once inside the theatre they just picked their seats. :rotfl2:

Oh, what a shame about Spice Road Table. You must have been so disappointed. And I am so disappointed too - I was really looking forward to hearing about it. :( But at least you got more KK, including bonus donuts! :laughing:

I was really unhappy at first. I mean to tell you they would be open, but then to hear that they were not by the same person, was a bit odd.
But at least we got some fresh KKs - made up for the loss of Morroccan food big time. :lmao:

Ugh - last day. I hate those on my trips, and I hate them in a good TR. Luckily, you have about 25 other TRs going, so at least I can continue to enjoy your travels! :laughing:

Last days are never fun, especially with a 10 hour flight ahead of you. ;) But you are right I still have a few more TR going and once I finish this one I need to start planning for our March and summer trips. :goodvibes

Your traditional last breakfast sounds great! And what a great idea to have Peter Pan as one of your final FP+ rides - soooo Disney, you know?

We really love that breakfast, so relaxed. And to be so close to the MK afterwards.
We love to do some classic rides before we head home and with FP+ it really worked out well.

Day 8, February 22

Better than expected! - Part 2

We were not sure if we should ride or not as there was another 30 minute wait, but the line seemed to move fast, so we hopped in.

What we had not expected was, that the line went all the way back to an area we had not been to before.

But about 30 minutes later we boarded our cruise through the jungle and had one of the funniest skippers ever.

All of us were in stitches at the jokes he cracked in between the regular spiel. It was amazing. So, another big score for us. And once we got off the ride we headed right over to the next one, hoping the line would not be too long. And it was not, only 15 minutes wait time for Pirates of the Caribbean.

Needless to say that we got in line right away. We were directed to the left line and about 10 minutes later got into a boat and off we went. The ride was great even though we were stuck towards the end

and time was ticking for our lunch reservation. So, as soon as we got off we hot footed it over to Be Our Guest. Now, at that time they were only doing FP+ reservations for lunch by invitation and we had not gotten one. But someone had posted a link and I am guilty of following it and getting a reservation. We checked in at the “kiosk” outside and were sent straight in. There we were asked if we had pre-selected our meal and yes we had, so we were sent straight on. Once we hit the ordering area, where you pay we hit a little stumbling block in the way. The system would not recognize who of us had gotten the invitation, but thanks to Disney’s wonderful system, this seemed to happen a lot and we were not questioned about it any further. We just had to repeat our order, pay for it and off we went, little rose buzzer in hand. The ballroom was pretty full and we did not fancy the dark room to the left so decided to take our lunch in the gallery room to the right. Tom went to get some drinks and then we settled in, taking some photos of our surroundings

and waiting for our lunch to arrive. A few minutes later a server with a trolley came our way and brought out our lunch.

So far your lunch looks good. I don't like the idea of BoG lunch being only for pre selected guests. I wonder if they are going to continue that practice.

Glad you had an amusing captain for the jungle cruise and a short wait for Pirates.

What a nice morning. I can't believe all you have accomplished so far. Don't feel bad about the BOG FP. EVERYONE is doing it. And now it is only FP for lunch. In my opinion they should just make it table service all day long. The hype for this place has not gone down at all.

So far your lunch looks good. I don't like the idea of BoG lunch being only for pre selected guests. I wonder if they are going to continue that practice.

I don't like the idea either, but with the FP+ we had a chance of getting in and skip the long line. ;)

Glad you had an amusing captain for the jungle cruise and a short wait for Pirates.

He was such fun, we all laughed a lot. :thumbsup2

What a nice morning. I can't believe all you have accomplished so far. Don't feel bad about the BOG FP. EVERYONE is doing it. And now it is only FP for lunch. In my opinion they should just make it table service all day long. The hype for this place has not gone down at all.

We were on a roll. It was awesome how things fell into place and we just went from ride to ride. :love:
It was kind of a shock when they tried to retrieve our invitation. But thanks to Disney's great website they seemed to have a lot of people who could not retrieve the info.
You would have thought that things would die down a little, but you are right, it is still high on everyone's list. ;)

We did the FP+ for BOG as well. We didn't preorder tho and because of that we just merged into the line with everyone else so it took a while. When we were there it was very crowded and couldn't find a seat anywhere but finally got one in the ball room. I absolutely loved the theming of if and out lunch was quite good my favorite part was the masters cupcake. I just wish we could get a ADR for dinner have yet to experience dinner there.

We did the FP+ for BOG as well. We didn't preorder tho and because of that we just merged into the line with everyone else so it took a while. When we were there it was very crowded and couldn't find a seat anywhere but finally got one in the ball room. I absolutely loved the theming of if and out lunch was quite good my favorite part was the masters cupcake. I just wish we could get a ADR for dinner have yet to experience dinner there.

With the pre-selected meal we just walked up to the cash register and jumped the whole other line, and just there it did not work. :laughing:

Funny that you should mention the Master's cupcake. That was what I had for dessert as well.
Dinner is a bit different, but really nice! Dessert is the same though. ;)

This looks like such a lovely trip!

I love all the various food pictures, as the food is one of the things I'm looking forward to most the next time I get to head down to Orlando.

Looks like you had very good luck on the Jungle Cruise, which I love, the good skippers make all the difference!

I'll be keeping the pre-ordering at BOG in mind, as my fiance and I both are dead set on eating there next trip :)

We always do that! Makes my day to see their stunned faces when we hand over the box. :lmao: Oh, I can so understand your DH! We just LOVE OKW. :cloud9: I hope they'll have finished building works at the Poly until next summer. I just saw some pics on Kathy's TR and it's not a pretty sight at the moment.
I hope so too Karin, I've totally been stalking Tikiman's posts. I will admit that it would not disappoint me to switch to OKW, but I'm really really excited to stay by my castle :)

This looks like such a lovely trip!

It was a really nice vacation. We enjoyed it a lot. :goodvibes

I love all the various food pictures, as the food is one of the things I'm looking forward to most the next time I get to head down to Orlando.

You cannot miss the food on a cruise, let alone a Disney one. It is delicious and a huge part of our vacation enjoyment. ;)

Looks like you had very good luck on the Jungle Cruise, which I love, the good skippers make all the difference!

He was hilarious and had everyone in stitches. :lmao:

I'll be keeping the pre-ordering at BOG in mind, as my fiance and I both are dead set on eating there next trip :)

It is a neat feature and if you know what you want it will speed up the process. The food is really nice.

I hope so too Karin, I've totally been stalking Tikiman's posts. I will admit that it would not disappoint me to switch to OKW, but I'm really really excited to stay by my castle :)

I am looking forward to seeing the "new" Poly, and hope that it is all done by next summer.
As for OKW, it is our all time favourite resort. We love that it does not feel like a hotel, but more like a small village.

Day 8, February 22

Better than expected! - Part 3

A few minutes later a server with a trolley came our way and brought out our lunch.
We had decided to share and had ordered the

French Onion Soup, which was delicious, rich, full of onions and a nice big cheesy crouton on the top. There was more than enough for the two of us to share. For our main course we had ordered the

Braised Pork, slow-cooked pork with vegetables and bacon served with mashed potatoes and green beens jardinière. We had enjoyed it once before and knew it was more than enough for the two of us and it really was. Needless to say it was as good as we had remembered it to be. Tom checked the internet while I was enjoying dessert,

The Master's Cupcake, chocolate sponge cake topped with Lumiere's special grey stuff and just out of the blue I asked him to check on our last FP+. I was pretty sure about what time it was, but I had played around with it quite a bit, so why not make sure. And we were both horrified to notice that our window had already opened. There was still enough time to head there, but we could not linger on at Be Our Guest much longer.
So I quickly finished my cupcake before heading outside and power walking it over to Big Thunder Railroad. And after scanning our wristbands we were on our way

to ride the wildest ride in the Wilderness. There was quite the line at both FP and regular line, but FP moved pretty quickly and we were soon walking down to the trains. Tom asked if we could sit in the last row and our wish was gladly fulfilled, but we would have to wait for another train. No problem. Soon we were getting into our row

and enjoying a fun ride in our runaway train.

Once we had gotten off, we peeked at how long the regular line was, but it was just too long

so we headed towards the bridge and while we passed Splash Mountain we thought why not trying to get on the train. We quickly headed over to the station

and were so lucky as a train just pulled in and there were not too many people in line. But not too many people got off, so our hopes sank a bit. There were CMs trying to get as many people on as possible and low and behold they found a nice spot for us as well. A few minutes we were on our way.

We had not planned to go right back to Main Street, so we got off at Toontown.

I am also guilty of the BOG fastpass shennanigans. It really does seem like everyone is on to it at this point. I'm not even sure I knew a single person that actually did receive the invitation.

I do love that master's cupcake....delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter