• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zune vs. Ipod?

Princess Ash

<font color=deeppink>Disney Princess<br><font colo
Thoughts?

I want one for Christmas, trying to decide between the two. Probably going to stick with the traditional Ipod. It will be my first MP3 player of any kind ever. If you don't know what Zune is, just google it.

I think I'm sticking to the Ipod. I already know how apple and itunes work so I wouldnt have to switch software. Plus, I havent heard any reviews on the Zune, however it looks very cool.

I think that the Zune won't be very successful. The Ipod has such a huge fanbase already that it becomes a hassle to switch to a different company.

There isn't much to switch to, if you read the page you can import/export your songs with iTunes and Windows Media Player. But, it makes you install its own software to sync your music with it. (Zune Media Player, I believe)

I like the features, who wouldn't like to get free whole song previews from friends via wi-fi? You can play the song 3 times each 3 days. You can also share your photos on it, your podcasts. It has lots of capabilities, but its not Mac compatible (obviously) and it requires a pretty fast processor on your computer(1.5 Ghz)...

Check out the website: http://www.zune.net/en-us

I think I'd stick with iPod. I already know how to use it and I'd rather not have to learn how to use something else.

i heard zune is bad from my cousin..
she said, you can only listen to a song like, 3 times before it stops working..

not i honestly don't know if that is true...
but it's microsoft and aren't they doing alittle bad in the software business
right now?

so ipod

I'm on the Ipod bandwagon too. I think Microsoft are just trying to find another way to get themselves into every aspect of our lives.. :sad2:

Plus, it's just so good! :goodvibes

You can do more with a zune but the iPod is smaller and has more variety in size of a HD you want. Id get an Archos 604 Wifi.

Ipod.

I would chose Ipod because it is a trustworthy brand.

polysisterchick said:
i heard zune is bad from my cousin..
she said, you can only listen to a song like, 3 times before it stops working..

not i honestly don't know if that is true...
but it's microsoft and aren't they doing alittle bad in the software business
right now?

so ipod

Well, first off, songs you sample from a friend can only play 3 times ever day for 3 days before they lock up. Then you can either delete it, or buy it. And the Zune is technically a piece of hardware, software would be the media player required to put songs on the Zune. I would not diss the Zune so quickly, just wait for reviews and we'll see what happens. Apple has a HUGE head-start and fanbase though. It's an uphill battle for Microsoft.

So for now, iPod.

And DollfieDreams, there is a website for the Zune. It's www.zune.net

The Zunes look pretty big. I think it is too early to tell. They are brand new, so they may have some software problems, like most new electronics do. But, I think it will be pretty much be iPod number one, and Zune second.

Microsoft missed the curve on sales by about, lets see hear, two years or so! Ive been using iPods before the average person knew about it (alas, my Gen 3, 10 gig iPod) and, although there quality sucks, they have great customer service, and lets face it, its a great looking device...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter