• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zootopia expansion coming to Shanghai

Need to get a custom shirt. Instead of I drink and I know things....it should be I run and I know things. ;)

I appreciate what you do even though you are a Bears Fan.

I don't really care what the supposed insiders say Zootopia belongs in Animal Kingdom. Name me a current IP that is better suited for this park. And expansions don't count to the current lands. I'm talking a new IP that Scrooge Mcduck (Iger) can make money off of and swim around in.

Last edited:
Lion King, Jungle Book, Disney Nature, soon to be National Geographic.

Lion King already has a show in Africa so it can't be a land too. Jungle Book would be a good ride retheme for Kali, but not a land. And National Geographics sounds like something educational you'd find at your local zoo.

Lion King already has a show in Africa so it can't be a land too. Jungle Book would be a good ride retheme for Kali, but not a land. And National Geographics sounds like something educational you'd find at your local zoo.
Curious why you think Jungle Book can only be a ride reskin and not a land. Plenty of places they could build from the film into a land. King Louie’s ruins could be awesome, and actually fit the aesthetic of the park unlike a barren cityscape.

I'd personally vote for South America with a focus on the rain forest ... and could go in the Dino area as could be smaller animals that could housed there or moved - thinking lots of birds and snakes and other small animals
There are a few expansion slots at AK. I'd personally rather they added to the park first, and then reworked Dinoland. Not that I am a fan of Dinoland, but I am a fan of more...

Personally I am on the side of saying it doesn't fit AK ... but that said, Disney could easily spin it in a way that would make it fit - certainly wouldn't be a bigger stretch than saying Guardians of the Galaxy fits EPCOT by making up a story about Peter Quill visiting EPCOT as a kid

It's called a hustle, sweetheart. :)

Curious why you think Jungle Book can only be a ride resin and not a land. Plenty of places they could build from the film into a land. King Louie’s ruins could be awesome, and actually fit the aesthetic of the park unlike a barren cityscape.

Most of the film takes place in a jungle. That sounds like a really boring landscape for a land. The King Louie ruins does sound pretty cool, but it couldn't really be the only structure in a possible land. It would be a great queue or structure along Kali though.

Zootopia has more standout structures that people remember from the film.

@rteetz has alot of contacts with insiders, and I also dig around quite a bit on many sites for rumors. There are a few insiders that many really trust that stated clearly that Zootopia is not a target for AK. I am pretty sure a few of them did not have any Zootopia in NA at all. There are a ton of "fans" that are begging for Zootopia and wanting it in AK, but they are not insiders with true knowledge
There are few people on these boards that know people that work at Disney or are "insiders". Problem is, Disney doesn't tell everyone the same thing...and a lot of things are privileged. So to reveal something could cost someone their job. Hence why at times you see people respond with very vague "I'm not hearing this". That comment gets no one in trouble, while a "AK is getting South America in DinoLand with the Indy Coaster from Disneyland Paris" would probably end up costing someone their job and possible litigation.(This is a completely made up example)

There are few people on these boards that know people that work at Disney or are "insiders". Problem is, Disney doesn't tell everyone the same thing...and a lot of things are privileged. So to reveal something could cost someone their job. Hence why at times you see people respond with very vague "I'm not hearing this". That comment gets no one in trouble, while a "AK is getting South America in DinoLand with the Indy Coaster from Disneyland Paris" would probably end up costing someone their job and possible litigation.(This is a completely made up example)
Yep.

Do they though? I can’t name any structures from the film. I just remember a city area and the monorail type train.

It has way, way, way more. You just have to watch the train scene to see how cool a possible land could be.

I would prefer to see more of anything at Animal kingdom.
I would prefer more continent based animal interaction. Australia/New Zealand, and South and Central America second.
I can't help but think Indy can intertwine in any of the current lands in AK with the exception of Pandora. It need not be a primary theme, but a secondary one to get IP mixed in, and help the merchandising demand.
I think Moana, Brother Bear, the good dinosaur(ok this one is maybe not my first choice), Brave, Up, Nemo, Jungle book and Lion King IP's all have enough substance to them to work in the park for a mini land similar to Shanghai.

Though I think the ticket would be a combination of Central America, Mayan ruins, and just a sprinkle of Indiana Jones, shoe horned in between Expedition everest and Dinoland, and evicting Nemo for another location. I think the Mayan architecture would be a thematic hit and would keep in spirit with the Asia and Africa areas. I certainly feel they could make some sort of Mayan princess movie when it comes down to it ;)

It has way, way, way more. You just have to watch the train scene to see how cool a possible land could be.
Yes but that doesn’t mean they are memorable areas. To me a city doesn’t belong in Animal Kingdom.

Pride Rock from Lion King or the temple ruins from Jungle Book could very easily fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter