• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

zoo/WAP stroller friendly?

Oregonluvsdisney

Earning My Ears
We will be visiting both the zoo and park in November with a 1 and 5 yr old. We have a sit and stand stroller so we hopefully won't be hearing any complaints about walking.

Will the parks be difficult to see because of having to push the stroller up and down the hills?

If we want to go on the buses/trams, do we have to leave our stroller at the pickup location or can you fold it up and take it with you? Would that be a pain to try and fit it on the tram?

We have not been to either place so we have no working knowledge of how it will be. We are disneyland vets, so touring parks is normal for us, but I am seeking info so we can be prepared!

Thanks for your input....

The parks are definitely hilly, but doable with a stroller. Families do it everyday. :goodvibes

I don't know about the bus tour at the zoo with regards to bringing a stroller on, but you would leave the stroller where you board the tram at the WAP. You can only board and get off at one spot, so you don't have to worry about being left without a stroller.

Thanks for your input. We are just going to take it easy and see what happens. I was hoping that the hills and double stroller combo wouldn't start making us think...."is that animal really worth that hill?!"

We had a double wide for twins. They just turned 5 when we went to both and I was very glad we had it. There is alot of walking and it was hot so they would have tired out quickly.

A stroller works pretty well at the WAP. As said previously, you will have to park it to go on the tram. That is not a big deal since you get on and off the tram at the same spot.
There is 1 place where you'll probably take an elevator, but it is pretty big and you should just roll right in.

We had more trouble in the zoo. It seemed much more hilly. Also, you get into averies where there is less room and smaller doors so the birds don't get out.
I don't really recall, but I don't think you can take the stroller on the bus. The bus is made for getting on/off, so you'll want to check on it.
Also there is the sky ride, which you can't take the stroller on, that I know for sure. It is too bad because that takes you half way across the park and you either have to walk, bus or skyride back.
We also ran into an issue where we couldn't take in on the escalator. I forget if it was prohibited or we just didn't fit. Anyways, they and DW took the escalator and I had to take the stroller the long hot way around.
It is alittle bit of a hassle here but worth it.

The Zoo has some pretty seriously steep hills that I probably wouldn't attempt with a double stroller, but I've seen it done. It'll be a good workout for sure. With 2 adults to trade off pushing it should be manageable as far as that goes. Some of the pathways include sidewalks that accommodate walking guests alongside roadways that accommodate buses and when the buses are going through, there isn't much walkway for guests on the sidewalks which can make it difficult with a double as well. As a previous poster stated, the aviaries might be a little tricky, but definitely can be done. With a stroller, they're usually the only way to go through a particular pathway because other ways are not stroller accessible. My son and I used to go solo a lot when we lived in that area. I was able to take our single stroller on the sky tram as long as it was folded. We never did the bus tour, so I can't speak to that. We always took our stroller on the escalators, as long as the child is taken out and it'll fit (either open or folded) I'm sure it's fine, we never had a problem. It is definitely worth the work IMO, my son loved our time there. A stacked double would definitely be easier than a wide double in either place.

The Wild Animal Park is much more stroller friendly as far as hills go, although there is some terrain that is not paved in certain areas. The animals are more free range here, so it's fun to see them in more of their "natural" environment. We only made one trip here, so I don't have too much recollection of the particulars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter