ZipLoc Bag Packing Method?

I don't have any kids but do you think it would be stupid for me and DH to do this as well?
I just get paranoid having to pack all our "liquids and gels" now and if something would happen our clothes would be safe. I don't know about picking out outfits for each day, but just putting however much can fit in one bag.

I think it would definately work. My I pack mine and my DH and DD10 in the ziploc bags along with our liwuids and things to protect everything and keep it neat. :Pinkbounc

beck0321 said:
I don't have any kids but do you think it would be stupid for me and DH to do this as well?
I just get paranoid having to pack all our "liquids and gels" now and if something would happen our clothes would be safe. I don't know about picking out outfits for each day, but just putting however much can fit in one bag.
I don't think so at all, I bought the really big zip locks for mine and DH's clothes (not by outfits, lol :rotfl: but all the clothes together).

It's not that I am worried about my stuff leaking as much as I am concerned of others having items in their bags that leak. My mom flew in last night and a few of the bags coming off the carousel had wet spots on them from someone that put 3 bottles of wine in their luggage and didn't wrap them well enough :rolleyes: They wrapped the bottles in t-shirts and put them at the top of the bag thinking it would be easy for TSA to see them, not thinking that the middle of the bag would provide the best protection.

I realize 3 bottles of wine is a lot of liquid, and that it may be a fluke thing and most likely won't happen to me, but still, it is no effort for me to slip my clothes into a large bag. And then I can use the large bag for laundry.

I was thinking of doing this for our next trip because we are camping. I hope it works. 3 Adults & 1 Child we need all the help we can get. And we certainly don't want to be drying out clothes to wear if it rains.

I use this method all the time for DD and DS. Only I have one variation. I hate to waste these bags and usually do laundry on vacation. Who wants to come home to a bunch of laundry? :confused3
So instead of writing the day on the baggies I write it on masking tape and then place the tape on the baggie. The tape peels off and voila the bag can be used again! I put the clean outfits back in the baggies to be used as a spare.
OK - I admit I am a little over the top, but it makes me extra special! :rotfl:
I even hang the kids outfits up together complete with socks and underwear/diaper clothes pinned on. My mornings are so much easier that way. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter