Zipline?

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
DH and DD just watched the cruise video and saw a few people riding a zipline. Where/ what cruise is this available on?

That's funny--I was just reading about this last night---

Royal Caribbean International Cruise Lines--Oasis of the Seas has the zip line.

Cathy

DH and DD just watched the cruise video and saw a few people riding a zipline. Where/ what cruise is this available on?

There were at least two ports on the Alaska itinerary that offered zipline. Some in my party did the one in Skagway and had a most excellent time.

Thanks for the replies.

I would love to go on an Alaskian cruise but DH isn't happy with the idea. He did say he wants to go wherever he can do the zipline though. A zipline should be enough to get someone to agree to go to Alaska right?

Thanks for the replies.

I would love to go on an Alaskian cruise but DH isn't happy with the idea. He did say he wants to go wherever he can do the zipline though. A zipline should be enough to get someone to agree to go to Alaska right?

I have no idea why anyone would want to avoid Alaska. Look in the thread where I posted some pictures I took while we sailed down the Tracy Arm Fijord.

One of the things I noticed most about the Alaska cruise is that you can see land most of the time. We took the inside passage and there were places where this huge ship seemed to be very close to land on both sides. The scenery was exquisite and the shore excursions were simply amazing. The little towns live for cruise ship traffic.

What is it that DH doesn't like about it?

Both RCCL's Oasis and Allure of the Seas have ziplines through their central park area.

We are very bias to RCCL so we keep up with all the new goodies. LOL We have our cruise on the Allure booked next October 2012.

We head out on the Dream on 9/11. I'm really excited since this is our 1st Disney cruise.

DCL are always a step behind when it come's to practical innovations with the exception of the AquaDuck.
They seem to be reluctant to "copy" other cruise lines and provide what cruisers would like to do (athletically).
A Flow Rider, Zip Line like Mickey does on the Classic ship's and a climbing wall would all keep the Tween's and Teen's more occupied, but they seem to just dis-regard them.
I attribute most of them blame to Disney being such a large corporation and I know when a decision is made it is made year's in advance, and that it take's too much bureaucracy to then change it.

The Zip Line for Mickey on the Dream was cut because it would be too long and they didn't consider the forces involved on the funnel structures before the ship was build (as I've been told).
And the talk of a pool on the forward deck's..... Might happen, maybe that's why Meyer Weft keep the Webcam away from that area, or maybe it's just where The Fantasy is in the dock :confused3

Hopefully the Dream will have some new spaces and they have worked out Guest flow better, but after having launched the Dream and spent so much on it, I do wonder what is possible to change now for the Fantasy, after the contracts have been signed and final bill agreed on.

I guess we wil find out more when DCL tell us more.

Ex Techie

Were you abe to particpate in this excursion? If you were did you go through Disney or another company and what was your experience like?

Three of my nephews did it through Disney and loved it. My niece (other side of the family) did one with her DH on a Carnival cruise, and it included rappelling and a jeep ride. Have no idear if they booked that through the ship.

Yes, Disney does offer the zipline adventure in Puerto Vallarta on their MR cruise. The company was great, professional and fun. Disney does have a restriction on age of children for this adventure, however I heard of some passengers who booked directly with the company and had no such restriction. I prefer to book through Disney just to ensure if they are any delays the ship will not leave without us. In addition, the zipline excursion in Puerto Vallarta is a long drive from the ship to the actual ziplining location.

We ziplined in Alaska...in Ketchikan. AMAZING....the entire trip really. The ziplining was our favorite excursion. DH and I really looked forward to it the entire trip and we were not disappointed. I loved Alaska and so many people asked me "why would you want to go on a vacation where it isn't warm?"...uh, well, because there is more to vacation than getting a tan, etc....the sights were unforgettable. You will never see sights like this...and the cruise is still the cruise except during certain times of the year, you will not enjoy the pools. We have a pool so it doesn't really do much for me anyway. Other than that, on DCL, you still have food, bars, entertainment, spa, etc. Do it...super fun.

There's a zipline experience in Saint John for next year's NY-Canada cruisers! It goes around and over the Reversing Falls. Hope that next year this time I'll be able to tell you how it is!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter