Zipline Mickey?

If I could get a Celebrity cruise anywhere near my bday I wouldn't be.
And I was hoping this one would be better. Right now I have a 1:1 I loved the wonder hated the magic.

QUOTE=Zandy595;48795982]If I hated the last Disney cruise I went on, I probably wouldn't be going on another one. Especially if it was to celebrate my bday.[/QUOTE]

Ok, to be fair...
I should ask what the new pirate party is like.
But what I've seen kind of hints that it's pretty much like it was before without the Mickey Zipline and with the little kid games when it all starts.

You can find plenty of video of it on youtube...if Mickey doing the zipline is a make or break deal for you there are plenty of other cruise lines out there sailing the same dates:)

Does Mickey still zipline down on Pirate night?
We haven't been in a couple of years and it sounds like they may have switched the party up a bit, wondering if this is still part of the show.

He does on the Magic and Wonder. Captain Jack Sparrow tumbles from the top of the forward funnel on the Dream and Fantasy.

There is a lot of very private and painful stuff going on for me right now that ties into my not being a mother by now. So that might very well be staining my view of the experience.

I love Disney, I've always loved Disney but everywhere I turn I feel like I'm being marginalized for not being a parent. Which is incredibly painful on it's own without Disney reminding me at every step of this failure.

That said it's not Disney's fault - I'm just having a really hard time of it right now.

You can find plenty of video of it on youtube...if Mickey doing the zipline is a make or break deal for you there are plenty of other cruise lines out there sailing the same dates:)

Also, the set-up of the zipline would require a bit more work on the new ships. The forward funnel on the Magic-class ships is shorter than the aft funnel. That sets up an easier angle for the zipline. The funnels on the Dream-class are the same height. It would require additional structure at the top of the aft funnel to set the proper angle.

There is a lot of very private and painful stuff going on for me right now that ties into my not being a mother by now. So that might very well be staining my view of the experience.

I love Disney, I've always loved Disney but everywhere I turn I feel like I'm being marginalized for not being a parent. Which is incredibly painful on it's own without Disney reminding me at every step of this failure.

That said it's not Disney's fault - I'm just having a really hard time of it right now.

Sorry to hear od you situation. I would say I know how you feel, but I don't. I have a 25 year daughter. In my short DCL experience, I can see where the pitate party might not be exciting. The past few cruises it has been and my DW. And for us, it is the fireworks. Mickey doing the zipline means fireworks follow. By the way, don't tell any that I only attend the pirate deck party at 10pm for the fireworks.

Why not do Palo or Remy in the late evening of Pirate Night? Sit and enjoy a nice dinner and take in the surroundings.

As far as the adult entertainment, I think a lot of the offerings have to do with participation. I have often heard and seen that night life after 11:30 is non-existant. Very few people out. Well, if the demand isn't there they might be cutting some activities. I am sure that IF the demand were to increase and folks actually show up, night life would get better.

There is a group of us without kids or without kids on our cruise, but we have to attend those functions they do offer for them to see the increased demand.

By the way Nicky, when growing up I heard you don't talk discuss two things, politics and religion. Welll there is a 3rd...... some not happy with anything concerning DCL. lol

Sorry to hear about this and op are right maybe look into the adult areas and not take in the pirate show keep you head up and hope things get Better for you... May. God bless you and help you through your tuff times!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We did Palo on our last Pirate night because the menu is very much a "been there/done that" for us. Our 8pm seating for 8 allowed us to eat our meal, go up on deck and watch the fireworks, and then come back for dessert and coffee.

I am almost 30 without kids. I like the pirate partie on the new ships because the fireworks are way better. It really is more of a PIRATE theme than pirate Mickey. It's a bit less corny. I've been on 6 Disney cruises without kids and have found PLENTY of things to do. You have to be open to the activities and TRY.

Just because it is different doesn't mean it isn't good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter