Zipline Mickey?

NickyKnack

DIS Veteran
Does Mickey still zipline down on Pirate night?
We haven't been in a couple of years and it sounds like they may have switched the party up a bit, wondering if this is still part of the show.

We have only been on Disney dream and have never seen Mickey zip line have seen captain jack come down off of the funnel but no mickey

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Does Mickey still zipline down on Pirate night?
We haven't been in a couple of years and it sounds like they may have switched the party up a bit, wondering if this is still part of the show.

We saw Mickey zipline on the Magic in 2011, but from what I've read he doesn't do that on the newer ships. Sad, because we go on the Fantasy in Sept. and that was so magical :cool1:

He did on the Magic back in 2011 but didn't on our last cruise this year aboard the Dream.

He didn't when we were on the Dream in Jan, but he did on our Magic cruise last month.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Magic & Wonder yes, Fantasy & Dream no. The pirate shows are also different.

God the more I hear the more the new ships suck.
No character breakfast, No teas with characters, and now the one part of the Pirate Party I actually loved doesn't actually happen?

And they've been replaced by what? Overcrowding, mini golf and the midship detective agency which is built for the 5 -10 year old set?

I'm really starting to rethink this cruise.

The pirate mickey and zip line are on the classic ships as the Dream and Fantasy have a different pirate party.

Pirate party is just a different show. It's more "Pirates" and less "Mickey".

I don't think the new ships suck at all. Everyone has their preferences. See the "Which ship is your favorite?" thread. :)

God the more I hear the more the new ships suck.
No character breakfast, No teas with characters, and now the one part of the Pirate Party I actually loved doesn't actually happen?

And they've been replaced by what? Overcrowding, mini golf and the midship detective agency which is built for the 5 -10 year old set?

I'm really starting to rethink this cruise.

Haveing never seen Mickey do the zip line I do not know what I am missing..... But why would you rethink the cruise maybe there is someting different they offer that you would enjoy... Atleast give it a try.. I would be interested to hear your feedback after a cruise on one if the newer ships...

Because in all my research I've found I keep seeing "Oh you know that thing you loved - on your last cruise where you hated most of it anyway? Yeah, we don't do that here. But here, here's this thing that wont appeal to you at all to replace it with. Wont that be fun."?

The Pirate Party was one of the thing I loved about the last cruise, but until Mickey ziplines I find it lame as heck. Maybe if I had kids to enjoy watching watch the pirate party but without that the party would have been a complete bust.

So that means no pirate party for me...
Which pretty much leaves 2 things I want to do on a 7 day cruise.
Not even close to enough to keep from being deadly bored for 7 days.

The only problem is Disney is the only one offering a cruise anywhere near my bday. :badpc:

Haveing never seen Mickey do the zip line I do not know what I am missing..... But why would you rethink the cruise maybe there is someting different they offer that you would enjoy... Atleast give it a try.. I would be interested to hear your feedback after a cruise on one if the newer ships...

The Wonder isn't doing any pirate shows this summer. A pirate show without the zip line is better than the Pixar Pals. Jus sayin.

Seems about the same to me.
A show that's only useful to you if you have kids to watch enjoy it.

Ok I take it back after seeing a Youtube video of the Pixar thing.
But it just proves that Disney is moving further and further away from an equal balance for kids and adults and into something that's just for kids and their parents. It's been going that way for years - but I'm just recently reaching a point where I can't ignore it anymore. :(

The Wonder isn't doing any pirate shows this summer. A pirate show without the zip line is better than the Pixar Pals. Jus sayin.

Ok, to be fair...
I should ask what the new pirate party is like.
But what I've seen kind of hints that it's pretty much like it was before without the Mickey Zipline and with the little kid games when it all starts.

Like i said earlier I have nothing to compare it too. Yea it may help to have kids but then again I I didn't have any with me I would watch anyway just for the fact I like captain jack and pirate movies... With tha being said I wouldn't stand and watch as close if I had no kids but its kinda one if them thins you get out if it what u pit into it... Meaning if u go there thinking it's goin to be a flop it probably will... I think there are some you tube video you may wanna check out.... Hope all word out well for you an I turns out to be Better than expected!!

Because in all my research I've found I keep seeing "Oh you know that thing you loved - on your last cruise where you hated most of it anyway? Yeah, we don't do that here. But here, here's this thing that wont appeal to you at all to replace it with. Wont that be fun."?

The Pirate Party was one of the thing I loved about the last cruise, but until Mickey ziplines I find it lame as heck. Maybe if I had kids to enjoy watching watch the pirate party but without that the party would have been a complete bust.

So that means no pirate party for me...
Which pretty much leaves 2 things I want to do on a 7 day cruise.
Not even close to enough to keep from being deadly bored for 7 days.

The only problem is Disney is the only one offering a cruise anywhere near my bday. :badpc:
If I hated the last Disney cruise I went on, I probably wouldn't be going on another one. Especially if it was to celebrate my bday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter